Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Boxingfan590
Amateur

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 9,319.59
Default Why are my parents always putting me down?

I'm a person who likes to Box. I've liked boxing since I was very little. My parents let me take some lessons for a while but then I did some other stuff over the next few years. I take piano and do tae-kwon-do now. Now that I'm older, I want to Box again but my parents don't want me to now. They think I can make a career out of piano and tae-kwon-do but what they don't realize is that I never did both of those things enough to even consider a career in either of those fields, but I've been boxing longer than both of the things I'm doing now and I even got to even have a fight once or twice in the ring with boxing at least every month or so. My parents, especially my mom, thinks that if I box now, I'll be a misrable failure with "no friends to back you up because they think you betrayed them". (in her own words too >_>)

I must ask you all reading this, why do my parents put me down? Why are my parents making me do what THEY want me to do, and not what I want to do? I even told them that I want to become what I want and not what THEY want, but they still won't listen.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-09-2007, 12:33 PM
SkillspayBills
Avy King 2007-2013

Rep Power: 158 SkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,304,958,049,006,580.00
Total Points: 19,304,958,049,102,836.00
Was it as good for you, as it was for me? :flirt: LMAO! :D All done, I promise :kiss: - *Boss Lady* Felt like switching up the order :D lol - *Boss Lady* Still love me? :kiss: :flirt: - Bossy Heart bro(no homo) for the 20k. - led Happy 20k darling! :kiss: - Bossy 
No Message - MELLY-MEL... Need to cool down, your avatars make me hot - Uns somth to remember me by :) - nillamilkshake No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 
Happy Bday - Terrel Happy bday bro - MANGLER Happy Birthday babe, I'm lucky to know you :D :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday to a BS MVP. - The_Bringer Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Green K sent also, thanks bud :fing02: - jose830 Happy Birthday homie :beerchug: - jose830 HBD bro - led* Skills loves dills - junior gong everything good here thanks for asking I hope everything good with you also :fing02: - -jose- 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BritishBoxing92 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BritishBoxing92 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - BritishBoxing92 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - BritishBoxing92 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - BritishBoxing92 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - BritishBoxing92 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - BritishBoxing92 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - BritishBoxing92 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BritishBoxing92 Hepatitis C - BritishBoxing92 
Childhood Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - BritishBoxing92 Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - BritishBoxing92 Head and Neck Cancer - BritishBoxing92 
Autism - The Underboss Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - chiguy91 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - chiguy91 

Parents always try to get you to do what THEY feel is the best thing for you. If y ou feel a different way of course you will have a disagreement. They are also usually stubborn and will stand their ground on what they believe in. You just have to follow what you feel is right, and if your parents are good ones (which it sounds like they are) they will have your back either way.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Technical_Skill
Into The Deep

Rep Power: 21 Technical_Skill has a reputation beyond reputeTechnical_Skill has a reputation beyond reputeTechnical_Skill has a reputation beyond reputeTechnical_Skill has a reputation beyond reputeTechnical_Skill has a reputation beyond reputeTechnical_Skill has a reputation beyond reputeTechnical_Skill has a reputation beyond reputeTechnical_Skill has a reputation beyond reputeTechnical_Skill has a reputation beyond reputeTechnical_Skill has a reputation beyond reputeTechnical_Skill has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 348,532.02
Total Points: 420,827.05
For completely owning Tunney! - poet682006 

How old are you?

Do whatever you gotta do, forget what your parents want, they aint living in your body, you are, so do what you want, as long as your not hurting someone (in a non sporting sense, lol)