Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Sn1
| s n 1 g g e r |

Rep Power: 21507 Sn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond reputeSn1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 310,246,428,344,132.75
Total Points: 310,246,428,447,510.25
suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger 
suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger suck on those apples! - Sn1gger 
Merry Christmas again - TBear You look like you need an apple :) - *Boss Lady* I give thee apple - Bossy thanx for the points!!! - E.P.T. thx for the points - Pain~Lucy 

you can pretty much look in every division and see matchups that
never have and never will happen, even though there in the top 4
or 5 fighters at that weight. they just sorta fight around each other
and when the fights do happen its never prime vs prime, there is
always factors which make it less of a superfight, like MAB's age
against JMM, EM's long career against Pac or Roys pride against
tarver. delahoya had size but was very inactive & had **** stamina

Boxing needs real contests with real decisions and real promotion.
Like UFC (i was MMA's biggest hater for so long but its winning)
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-20-2007, 03:01 AM
potatoes
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 potatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 150,857.74
Total Points: 180,954.66

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1986 View Post
No, there's more talented boxers than ever before worldwide, and there will be even more in a few years. In the Philippines, every boy wants to be like Pacquiao. It's the same in Uzbekistan because of Chagaev, in the Ukraine because of the Klitschko brothers, in Russia because of Maskaev and Povetkin, etc.

Only in boxing is someone able to make $20 million for less than one hour in the ring (PBF's last fight). The rewards in boxing are great for talented athletes.

.......yeah, an hour's work and many months of prep, not to mention years of aspiration. Get in the NBA and the money comes larger and faster. But I agree, the salvation of boxing is coming from abroad.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:01 AM
EliteSoldier
GOD

Rep Power: 0 EliteSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeEliteSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeEliteSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeEliteSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeEliteSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeEliteSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeEliteSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeEliteSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeEliteSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeEliteSoldier has a reputation beyond reputeEliteSoldier has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 190,769.19

Kelly Pavlik and Edison Miranda just saved it.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:09 AM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Rep Power: 211 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.80
Total Points: 2,140,326,008,704.26
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

There are less big stars from the United States in boxing at present than there have been in the past but this doesn't represent a decline in the sport. Rather it reflects a shrinking world and a growing awareness of the world, which means that fighters from the philipines, the former eastern bloc, africa and australia can become known as well as fighters from North America and Europe. It's amazing how much the world has changed since the second world war, and with the coming of the internet it's an even more local world.

Boxing talent that would never have been seen in the past is now commonplace and that can only be a good thing.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:17 AM
GEOFFHAYES
Juy Hayes

Rep Power: 23 GEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant future
Total Points: 197,665.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by $iN View Post
Yeah, boxing isn't as popular as it has been in the past but I don't really think it's on life support right now either. There are still a lot of great fights happening, a lot of great fighters, and people all over the world are watching boxing. You see arenas in Europe filled up and boxing's popularity is only behind soccer in Latin American countries. You have fighters like Manny Pacquiao and Koki Kameda who have captivated their respective countries.

The only thing wrong right now with boxing, at least in the US, is that it's not on free TV anymore. That would help bring in more fans. But the true fans have no problem paying a few bucks a month for HBO and/or Showtime and you can usually get a few people together to split a PPV.

When I look at boxing, I don't really see a sport that needs to be saved...
In Britain, the cultures have changed so much that there's nothing that can be done to save it quite frankly.

It's become almost alien over here.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:21 AM
DancinDestroyer
Contender

Rep Power: 8 DancinDestroyer has a reputation beyond reputeDancinDestroyer has a reputation beyond reputeDancinDestroyer has a reputation beyond reputeDancinDestroyer has a reputation beyond reputeDancinDestroyer has a reputation beyond reputeDancinDestroyer has a reputation beyond reputeDancinDestroyer has a reputation beyond reputeDancinDestroyer has a reputation beyond reputeDancinDestroyer has a reputation beyond reputeDancinDestroyer has a reputation beyond reputeDancinDestroyer has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 39,235.57

boxing will never die!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Feint
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Feint has a reputation beyond reputeFeint has a reputation beyond reputeFeint has a reputation beyond reputeFeint has a reputation beyond reputeFeint has a reputation beyond reputeFeint has a reputation beyond reputeFeint has a reputation beyond reputeFeint has a reputation beyond reputeFeint has a reputation beyond reputeFeint has a reputation beyond reputeFeint has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 127,599,856.68
Total Points: 127,601,353.52

Boxing will be fine. It needs some tweaking but it is still a great sport.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:59 PM
The Best
Amateur

Total Points: 13,061.91
Thumbs down

I love boxing and always will. I've tried watching MMA, but thiers too much rolling around for me. Saying that I think there is too much politics in boxing and it's the governing bodies, promoters that are holding boxing back, too many belts etc.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:10 PM
brian99
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 8 brian99 has a reputation beyond reputebrian99 has a reputation beyond reputebrian99 has a reputation beyond reputebrian99 has a reputation beyond reputebrian99 has a reputation beyond reputebrian99 has a reputation beyond reputebrian99 has a reputation beyond reputebrian99 has a reputation beyond reputebrian99 has a reputation beyond reputebrian99 has a reputation beyond reputebrian99 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,675.56

Whether you prefer boxing or mma, its almost impossible to deny that the ufc's setup of its organization is better than boxing's right now.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:50 PM
The Best
Amateur

Total Points: 13,061.91

You've hit the nail on the head brian99. I'd love to think that boxing could try to turn things around, but that will mean the organizations losing money.