Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 02-16-2003, 10:14 PM
The Jake
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 The Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 147,527.00
Send a message via ICQ to The Jake Send a message via AIM to The Jake Send a message via Yahoo to The Jake
Default Jake's training routine/plan/journal

For the next few weeks I will take a week or two off, with only light training really. I want to spend most of my time with Arju but then refocus on my training routine once again.

Tendonitis in my elbows is playing up a bit (most likely from heavy loads) so what I plan on doing is structuring my routine like this

Monday Back/hams/biceps
Tues Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Wed Quads/Calves/Forearms/Abs
Thurs
Fri Heavy Day
Sat
Sun

Mon-Fri will be general 'light' training (no heavier than 60%) with ideally no less than 8 reps (ideally 10 - 20, pyramiding to lower reps). This is to strengthen the support groups and ligaments. Roughly 8-12 sets per body part, supersetting a lot of it.

Fri is the heavy day and my junkfood day (although in an effort to lose weight I will probably adjust my intake accordingly on this day).

Heavy day will consist of:

Deadlift
Squat
Bench
Power Cleans
Military Presses

About 4 sets each, aiming for about 3-6 reps. Once a month to 6 weeks, I plan on attempting my one rep max on bench/squad/dead.

This routine leaves a day of rest on 'light' sessions between that and my 'heavy' sessions, and two days after the heavy sessions to recover.

Only other training I will be doing during this period is light cardio (walking mostly) to burn excess fat in the mornings. No running, sprinting, MMA or anything like that (for now).

How does that sound?

Let me know your thoughts.

- The Jake
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-16-2003, 10:17 PM
The Jake
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 The Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jake has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to The Jake Send a message via AIM to The Jake Send a message via Yahoo to The Jake

My training goals FYI -

- Maintain and improve strength,
- whilst reducing body fat.

I'd like to do 101 other things like increase flexibility and aerobic and anaerobic endurance but I can only do a few things at a time atm, and right now, I can't afford to do other martial arts. I'd like to cut my excess fat down (I'd like to get back to 220, if not 210 if I can) and from there, start working on the rest.

- The Jake
Old 02-16-2003, 10:27 PM
Stef
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 12 Stef has a spectacular aura aboutStef has a spectacular aura aboutStef has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 12,463.00

sounds good to me. It'll be pretty easy to maintain your strength when you start to focus on a different goal. You'll be able to cut your gym hours back and keep the gains you made.
please note though, that I've never really done any lifting myself. That opinion comes from talking with a few Personal Trainers that I work with.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:18 AM
Tom
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 55,797.00

On Tuesday, your chest/shoulder/tri day bro, you are doing way too many sets on your upper body that day. You said 8-12 sets PER body part, that is a lot bro. Here is a link to HST. I personally haven't done this program, but i will do it after i get off my super one + cycle. Just read it and it will explain everything you need. It is a good routine if you want to gain strength bro. Also gains some bulk, but i don't think you will complain, cause it will turn the fat into muscle, for the most part.

Also, if oyu want to lose weight, oyu have you change your diet too. Lower your carb intake, bread pasta rice and sugars. Increase protein intake. I will get ya more info a little later, i have to go now.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:28 AM
JasonLeonardOBE
Contender

Rep Power: 0 JasonLeonardOBE is infamous around these partsJasonLeonardOBE is infamous around these partsJasonLeonardOBE is infamous around these partsJasonLeonardOBE is infamous around these partsJasonLeonardOBE is infamous around these partsJasonLeonardOBE is infamous around these partsJasonLeonardOBE is infamous around these partsJasonLeonardOBE is infamous around these partsJasonLeonardOBE is infamous around these partsJasonLeonardOBE is infamous around these partsJasonLeonardOBE is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 16,409.00

Dunno about going heavy/1rep max on squats AND deads in the same workout.

Also I've been getting tendonitis too in my elbows from hang cleans and snatch pulls and found that good old rest helped more than light work.

Other than that go get'em Tiger!:devil
Old 02-19-2003, 08:17 AM
seldomTap
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 26 seldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 111,649.00

TDiddy has a point about tuesday...but am checking it out and ****ed if I can see another option. You have the back/hamstrings tie in which is always good. Quads and calves together which is solid...short of throwing shoulders in with quads and calves, I would probably look to set up something else. The heavy day idea is good I think, different, but I kinda like that. Are your saturdays free for a while? cause this could be an option if you are keen...

Monday Chest/Triceps/forearms
Tues Back/hams/biceps
Wed Quads/Calves/Shoulders/Abs
Thurs
Fri
Sat Heavy Day
Sun

Or alternatively, you could do legs all on one day (apart from calves) which would free up energy to focus more on shoulders instead of lumping it with quads...
Old 02-20-2003, 07:58 AM
The Jake
Undisputed Champion

Only problem there is Seldom I hate doing legs all in one day... it just ****en kills me and I wanna puke and I wind up going sloppy because it destroys me.

Shoulders with Quads and Calves could be a go'er... when I start mapping the specifics of the light days I'll look into it.

Sat I might use as a heavy day... could be a lot easier on me too... good idea!

- The Jake
Old 02-21-2003, 09:11 PM
The Jake
Undisputed Champion

Trained with Seldom & Magic the other day.... lifts were about as follows:

Bench 300lbs for 1 rep
Deadlift 400lbs for 2 reps
Squats 400lbs for 3 reps
Military Press 200lb for 3 reps
Power Cleans 120lbs for 10 reps (never tested much heavier due to back probs atm)

This isn't exactly a 1RPM but it's an approximation of my strength to date. Not my peak (given my inconsistent training over the past six months) although my deadlifts and squats appear to be coming along slowly, but surely...

- The Jake
Old 02-21-2003, 09:13 PM
The Jake
Undisputed Champion

Seldom if I got any of these wrong, please correct me.

- The Jake
Old 02-21-2003, 09:22 PM
seldomTap
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 26 seldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 111,649.00

That is spot on Jake. Was impressive to see. You have inspired me to change my programme somewhat also. Pretyy much what you did the other day will become my programme twice a week during the season as I won't have the time or energy to lift 4 days a week.

I will lift heavy again!