Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-02-2007, 11:01 AM
!! $iN
Banned

Rep Power: 0 !! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts
Bank: 43,946.03
Total Points: 222,718.17
To celebrate Calzaghe's continued success - Clegg 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjay View Post
Trinidad, Whitaker, Quartey
He lost to Trinidad.

Whitaker was 4-5 years past his best.

Who has Quartey ever beat that made him great? Vince Phillips? lol He was just a good fighter with a great jab, but nothing spectacular.

Once again, DLH is only known for fighting the best and losing to the best. That will be his legacy unless he beats Mayweather...
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-02-2007, 11:04 AM
!! $iN
Banned

Rep Power: 0 !! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts!! $iN is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
Even though its not on record most boxing fans know he beat Tito and got **** on by the judges because of the last three rounds and beat Mosley the second time. I think hes without a doubt one of the best of our generation and with a win over Mayweather on May 5th not a single boxing fan could deny that.
All I go by is what it says in the record books. If we went by opinions, we could change every fighter's record. He lost to Tito. He lost to Mosley. He has never dominated an above average opponent...
Old 05-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Tuggers1986
Yo Momma Loves Gravy

Rep Power: 59 Tuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 401,242,490,870.72
Total Points: 431,272,566,155.61
Cheers to MF'in Talespin - lvballer42 here u go - MILE KITIC SuperTuggers! - T-97 STOP CRYING! - Vegeta SEPTIMUS! - mgkirkpatrick 
Thanks, Tug! You're a good dude. - Bendigo Great links - WelshDevilRob Congrats! - Mickey Gomez Nice sunny day, perfect for an ice cold beer - dan_cov No Message - TBear 
No problem man! - TBear Grandad of Boxing Scene - Money_May enjoy! - jose830 Cookie Of Death - BOLLOCKS have some junk food - Earl Hickey 
No Message - MELLY-MEL... blue parallelogram - lebrick 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dan_cov Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - dan_cov Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by $iN View Post
He lost to Trinidad.

Whitaker was 4-5 years past his best.

Who has Quartey ever beat that made him great? Vince Phillips? lol He was just a good fighter with a great jab, but nothing spectacular.

Once again, DLH is only known for fighting the best and losing to the best. That will be his legacy unless he beats Mayweather...
His legacy will be being a 6 weight world champion and one of the greatest fighters of our generation.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Tuggers1986
Yo Momma Loves Gravy

Rep Power: 59 Tuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 401,242,490,870.72
Total Points: 431,272,566,155.61
Cheers to MF'in Talespin - lvballer42 here u go - MILE KITIC SuperTuggers! - T-97 STOP CRYING! - Vegeta SEPTIMUS! - mgkirkpatrick 
Thanks, Tug! You're a good dude. - Bendigo Great links - WelshDevilRob Congrats! - Mickey Gomez Nice sunny day, perfect for an ice cold beer - dan_cov No Message - TBear 
No problem man! - TBear Grandad of Boxing Scene - Money_May enjoy! - jose830 Cookie Of Death - BOLLOCKS have some junk food - Earl Hickey 
No Message - MELLY-MEL... blue parallelogram - lebrick 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dan_cov Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - dan_cov Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 

Quote:
All I go by is what it says in the record books. If we went by opinions, we could change every fighter's record. He lost to Tito. He lost to Mosley. He has never dominated an above average opponent...
Well from the record books then beating the guy who is rated best p4p fighter in the world can only help towards his legacy.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:17 AM
!! $iN
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
His legacy will be being a 6 weight world champion and one of the greatest fighters of our generation.
So you give him the win over Trinidad AND the win over Sturm? What a joke...
Old 05-02-2007, 11:18 AM
BigHeat
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,262.25

Quote:
Regardless to the judges opinion, he dominated TITO...........thoroughly. I ask you, did it diminish S.R. Leonard to fight the best of his era and lose to some of them?
Old 05-02-2007, 11:26 AM
!! $iN
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHeat View Post
Regardless to the judges opinion, he dominated TITO...........thoroughly. I ask you, did it diminish S.R. Leonard to fight the best of his era and lose to some of them?
No because Sugar Ray also won his fair share. He beat Hearns, an all-time great. He won the rematch with Duran, an all-time great. He beat Hagler, an all-time great. DLH has LOST to the best fighters he's faced...
Old 05-02-2007, 11:32 AM
The Wire
West Ham til I die

Rep Power: 21 The Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,505,337.60
Total Points: 1,617,255.28
Happy Millenium! - Nicky_Hatton 

Quote:
No because Sugar Ray also won his fair share. He beat Hearns, an all-time great. He won the rematch with Duran, an all-time great. He beat Hagler, an all-time great. DLH has LOST to the best fighters he's faced...
I really don't know where people get this idea that Oscar dominated Tito. It could have been a draw but I think the decision was fair. Some people obviously felt Oscar won but to say it was a robbery is stretching it a bit far.

He's a very good fighter but for once I have to agree with $in - he has lost the biggest fights of his career, although should have got the decision against Mosley the second time but he should also have lost to Sturm IMO.

If he beats Mayweather (which I don't think he will) then his legacy will absolutely be vastly improved. And he has done enough to be a HoF candidate but no way is he an all time great a la Robinson, Ali, Leonard, Hearns, Hagler etc.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:38 AM
!! $iN
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wire View Post
I really don't know where people get this idea that Oscar dominated Tito. It could have been a draw but I think the decision was fair. Some people obviously felt Oscar won but to say it was a robbery is stretching it a bit far.

He's a very good fighter but for once I have to agree with $in - he has lost the biggest fights of his career, although should have got the decision against Mosley the second time but he should also have lost to Sturm IMO.

If he beats Mayweather (which I don't think he will) then his legacy will absolutely be vastly improved. And he has done enough to be a HoF candidate but no way is he an all time great a la Robinson, Ali, Leonard, Hearns, Hagler etc.
Well, he has done enough to get into the Hall of Fame. I just don't think he is anywhere close to being mentioned in the same breath as the great fighters you mentioned. His overall resume is top notch. If you take away all the losses and controversial decisions, his resume is nothing special...
Old 05-02-2007, 12:41 PM
tredh
Undisputed Champion

Location: a place where white women were scared when they saw me a black man wearing OJ style leather gloves!!
Rep Power: 20 tredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,096,512,183.95
Total Points: 22,096,522,493.24
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil TO THE U!! - the mesiah 

I agree with $in and The Wire. I have never really liked De la Hoya and only started to respect his fight game when he got with Mayweather Sr. because I saw an improvement in his fight game. Like the some have stated he has lost all of his big fights and in reality his resume should have some asterisk by it because Chavez and Whitaker were past they're primes when they fought De la Hoya but I would never say he wasn't a good fighter I just don't feel he is a great fighter. A big part of why he will get into the HOF is because of his popularity and mainstream appeal.