• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moggo55 View Post
    1. peter manfredo
    2.joe calzaghe
    3.peter manfredo
    4.joe calzaghe
    5. peter manfredo

peter manfredo, as much as i respect reality show peeps as fighters, its clear to see they are s___e.
    as much as i think joe calzaghe is a clown, now im sure he is.

yet another over hyped, uncompetitive waste of a decent mans money. joe c wont fight anyone who can fight, we wil l NEVER se him fight b hop, kessler or clinton woods. For the simple reason hes **** and he KNOWS he is. he considers manfredo a credible challenger, id fight harder against a stranger in the street over nothing than manfredo supposdly fought joe for his wbo strap. manfredo = terrible fighter, give it up, joe c = my 107 year old granny come back from the dead, she calls u out. back out u injured.
    boxing is dying cos of these cowards, i mourn it.

MMA is a ****in street fighting bull****. There are way too many types with the IFL, UFC and half a dozen other leagues all with their own rules and interpretation of how MMA should be. Boxing has survivied since the ancient Egyptians. Don't even tell me that people dont buy the PPV's either. Go to any city and you'll find a huge boxing fan population but you wouldn't no much about that.

Comment

They say 30% of street fights end up on the ground withing a matter of minutes or seconds..

So MMA dudes always say Sooner or later they will be able to take it too the floor like they want...

Thats True... maybe if an MMA dude fights some regular hand skill ***** from the street it'll go to the floor within a small amouth of time BUT how many of these weak theories were Tested with actually boxers? That are good and know how to HIT? Who would make it through a few uppercuts and straights(with no head gear) from Tyson/Marciano/Frazier/Norton/Foreman on the way in to grab?

I won't even mention footwork.

Comment

It will never kill boxing.

1. its ****e to watch
        2. too mutch cuddleing on the floor
        3. kicking is for girls
        4. thosee mma guys wouldnt last a round with a decent boxer

Comment

Too bad the average 15-25 year old yank doesnt agree with us. All those n00bs wanna see is people getting brutally ko'd, hence the use small gloves, long rounds and no holds barred fighting moves.

People that watch MMA with the exception of a few only watch it because its more violent, they dont understand how we can watch boxing and be enthralled by defensive masters like Winky and Mayweather, they dont understand how we want to see an evenly matched fight last 12 rounds, they dont understand why a ref will stop the fight if a boxer is in danger...

All they understand is violence, MMA is an "In" sport, a fad. It may not die all together, but it will die down. Just like Kickboxing had its reign in the 90s for the very same reason

Comment

These pro MMA arguments are about as good as MMA.

Which is to say they suck dick.

Comment

is it just me or do alot of the mma guys on shows like ultimate fighter reality show seem a bit....festive...

They seem to cry alot over nothing and ***** at each other like a group of women...

I liked the Pride FC but UFC to me was just to watered down.

I dont know why they turned it into this over regulated crap....it used to bemore exciting when you would see kicks to the head on the floor etc and no holds barred..

now its just sanitised boredom with two guys rolling around the floor for what seems like an eternity.

Its not realistic fighting. People will kick you in the head, rabbit punch ect...its hardly as real as it gets.

Comment

Our USA elite are the BEST ever. You see I said Elite... and not just some bum or taxi cab driver.

There will never be an overseas... Ali - Tyson- Frazier- Norton- Foreman- Holyfield- Mayweather- Jones- Hagler- Hearns- Robison- Surgar Ray- hopkins. these guys are solidified GREATS that all boxers Regardless of where they are from look up to.

No other place will ever have that worldwide Respect. and USA just has More to come with the Newbreed. Because there is a gap and soon (3-4 years) that gap will be filled by Many USA fighters with talents more incredible than the past.

Boxing needs it... and boxing will soon be ready for it. New breath of life in the sport.

Sorry to hit ya wit da **** but its the truth hate it or love it.. 1

Comment

Originally posted by twanky1 View Post
                  Too bad the average 15-25 year old yank doesnt agree with us. All those n00bs wanna see is people getting brutally ko'd, hence the use small gloves, long rounds and no holds barred fighting moves.

People that watch MMA with the exception of a few only watch it because its more violent, they dont understand how we can watch boxing and be enthralled by defensive masters like Winky and Mayweather, they dont understand how we want to see an evenly matched fight last 12 rounds, they dont understand why a ref will stop the fight if a boxer is in danger...

All they understand is violence, MMA is an "In" sport, a fad. It may not die all together, but it will die down. Just like Kickboxing had its reign in the 90s for the very same reason
                  I agree, from speaking to some of my mates here in the uk they enjoy the violent aspect of MMA. They just want to see a savage ko.

Another thing, before I started my boxing, me and my mate didn't know what combat sport to choose. I've always enjoyed and loved boxing and grew up with a couple amateurs so I popped down the gym for my first session. When I reported back to my mate and explained to him we worked on stance first and just pure jabbing he just didn't want to know. He's an avid UFC fan, and he was more interested in just jumping into a MMA gym and learning to ko someone on the street, rather than learn the intricate science and technique of boxing. I don't have a problem with UFC as a sport, but I do have a problem with some of the attitudes from it's fans who knock and look down at boxing. I also often get the impression from some MMA fans that they think boxing is "easy" compared to MMA!?! They talk about our "big gloves" and no "take down defence" or no "kicking defence". Its boxing for gods sake, we don't kick, we don't grapple it's as simple as that, so those points are irrelevant. Any many of these fans who make these points haven't trained in either MMA or boxing.

But there you go, my rant of the day!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X