Reyes Glove Question - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 03-29-2007, 01:18 PM
McAlister
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Rep Power: 17 McAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 290,077,587.77
Total Points: 1,290,329,820.28
Send a message via AIM to McAlister Send a message via Yahoo to McAlister
Default Reyes Glove Question

Aight you see how they have both the lace, and hook-n-loop... I dont get how that works.. Normally when I see a guy with lace gloves, they wrap the lace around the wrist part of the glove, to tie them up. How will you do that with the hook-n-loop there as well?

Wouldnt the laces be over the velcro? I dont get it
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-29-2007, 01:42 PM
cyberthugpatrol
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 cyberthugpatrol is infamous around these partscyberthugpatrol is infamous around these partscyberthugpatrol is infamous around these partscyberthugpatrol is infamous around these partscyberthugpatrol is infamous around these partscyberthugpatrol is infamous around these partscyberthugpatrol is infamous around these partscyberthugpatrol is infamous around these partscyberthugpatrol is infamous around these partscyberthugpatrol is infamous around these partscyberthugpatrol is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 28,354.14

my advice is, don't get the Reyes gloves for the gym

for the gym you want all the padding you can get, you want to stay away from injured hands.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:17 PM
adi-g69
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10 adi-g69 has a brilliant futureadi-g69 has a brilliant futureadi-g69 has a brilliant futureadi-g69 has a brilliant futureadi-g69 has a brilliant futureadi-g69 has a brilliant futureadi-g69 has a brilliant futureadi-g69 has a brilliant futureadi-g69 has a brilliant futureadi-g69 has a brilliant futureadi-g69 has a brilliant future
Total Points: 6,452.39

All you do is tie them up as a normal pair of lace ups and then use the velcro loop to hide the laces to prevent lace burns and save on tape
Old 03-29-2007, 02:39 PM
McAlister
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 McAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond reputeMcAlister has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the responces
Old 03-29-2007, 02:50 PM
Animal Squabbs
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 Animal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 115,425.69

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi-g69 View Post
All you do is tie them up as a normal pair of lace ups and then use the velcro loop to hide the laces to prevent lace burns and save on tape

exactly, they are nice lookin too
Old 03-29-2007, 02:57 PM
eazy_mas
Pride kills the champ

Rep Power: 50 eazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.01
Total Points: 205,942.31
Be a fat American, eat a hot dog! - Mizzou please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua 

you dont want to buy something that is expensive and it not the same gloves you gonna use at amateurs
Old 03-29-2007, 03:07 PM
McAlister
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy_mas View Post
you dont want to buy something that is expensive and it not the same gloves you gonna use at amateurs

True, but the gloves you use in am are going to feel alot diffrent anyways, considering we spar with 16s.. and you compete with like 8oz
Old 03-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Animal Squabbs
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 Animal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAlister View Post
True, but the gloves you use in am are going to feel alot diffrent anyways, considering we spar with 16s.. and you compete with like 8oz

ahaha
Old 03-29-2007, 03:37 PM
eazy_mas
Pride kills the champ

Rep Power: 50 eazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.01
Total Points: 205,942.31
Be a fat American, eat a hot dog! - Mizzou please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAlister View Post
for me if i wanted to by one golves it would be the 20oz winning gloves but i using 14oz right now and yester i spared someone with 12oz and i was praticing my couter but go his abit in the chin couple of time and it hurts abit in a way.

but started to use my cocunate and use my size, southpaw position against him and did like Tarver would to
Old 03-30-2007, 06:09 AM
Animal Squabbs
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy_mas View Post
for me if i wanted to by one golves it would be the 20oz winning gloves but i using 14oz right now and yester i spared someone with 12oz and i was praticing my couter but go his abit in the chin couple of time and it hurts abit in a way.

but started to use my cocunate and use my size, southpaw position against him and did like Tarver would to

Share This With Friends

User Tag List