Corkscrew punch - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 03-24-2007, 08:38 AM #1
Pride kills the champ

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
eazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.01
Total Points: 208,834.31
Be a fat American, eat a hot dog! - Mizzou please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua 
Default Corkscrew punch

i was watching couple of anime and found this punch is it real or fake.

but part of it is like using nearly whole your body and from toes to hips to twisting you hands for tourque just asking
eazy_mas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-24-2007, 09:05 AM #2
30 gallons of it.

platinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 904,791.57
Total Points: 1,646,703.02
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! To a BS legend.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 

Porkchop said what I was doing on the bag sounded like the Jack Dempsey Corkscrew
platinummatt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:45 AM #3
Sugar Is Sweeter

Exige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 150,808.40
Total Points: 274,441.07

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy_mas View Post
i was watching couple of anime and found this punch is it real or fake.

but part of it is like using nearly whole your body and from toes to hips to twisting you hands for tourque just asking
Amongst the guys in my club, we say ''corkscrew punch'' to refer to the kind of punch you would throw from an odd angle. Like if you had slipped a jab you would be in the position to throw an uppercut but it wouldnt be a conventional uppercut, it would be a ''corkscrew uppercut''. And so on....
Exige Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:48 AM #4
30 gallons of it.

platinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exige Jr View Post
Amongst the guys in my club, we say ''corkscrew punch'' to refer to the kind of punch you would throw from an odd angle. Like if you had slipped a jab you would be in the position to throw an uppercut but it wouldnt be a conventional uppercut, it would be a ''corkscrew uppercut''. And so on....
I thought these were "angular punches"
Old 03-24-2007, 10:55 AM #5
Sugar Is Sweeter

Exige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond reputeExige Jr has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 150,808.40
Total Points: 274,441.07

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinummatt! View Post
I thought these were "angular punches"
Never heard that term mate. I was doing it last night and was catching everyone off guard. I was coming into them, but not coming straight on, as I was on my way in I would take a step to the right usually. So now I am to their left and they have to reset their feet and hands and everything to face me. Meanwhile I have a perfect shot on them with either a left hook smash in the face or a right hand straight over the top of their left hand.

I did it on a kid who had much less experience than me because he was using his lack of experience as an excuse to really pressurise and throwing bombs. He missed most of the time but I saw the intent in his punches just in the way he threw them... and then he caught me with the odd 1-2 here and there. So I decided, time to step it up now and smashed him 3 shots that stunned him... thats when they stopped the round, literally 2 seconds after.
Exige Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:10 AM #6
30 gallons of it.

ahhh, well thats what they call them in this book here.

Cool, maybe you will be an angular puncher master
Old 03-25-2007, 03:36 PM #7
Pride kills the champ

eazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.01
Total Points: 208,834.31
Be a fat American, eat a hot dog! - Mizzou please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua 

i though you would say something like this one:
http://ippo.confusticated.com/techni...crew-again.gif

and another great thing in the anime ippo but i know this one is not true for sure but maybe someday i could try to make it real the heartbreak shot:
http://ippo.confusticated.com/techni...break-edit.gif

is it similar to this one that i was asking thanks Exige for the tips good k coming up to you:

here is the website if the link didnt work http://ippo.confusticated.com/techniques.html

Last edited by eazy_mas; 03-25-2007 at 03:55 PM.
eazy_mas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:28 AM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Animal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal Squabbs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 117,364.69

Fighting SPirit is ****in badass. Eji Date uses the "corkscrew punch" and technically it does exist. Actually it is how you are supposed to throw your right hand punch all the time, throw it from you face and turn the fist so that the first two knuckles land on your opponent. also make sure you turn your hips into it. Thats all Date does if you watch it.
Animal Squabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:26 AM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Gio has a reputation beyond reputeGio has a reputation beyond reputeGio has a reputation beyond reputeGio has a reputation beyond reputeGio has a reputation beyond reputeGio has a reputation beyond reputeGio has a reputation beyond reputeGio has a reputation beyond reputeGio has a reputation beyond reputeGio has a reputation beyond reputeGio has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 126,418.31

Something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNo8nXD3xoc
Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:47 PM #10
Semper Fly

Scottie2Hottie has a reputation beyond reputeScottie2Hottie has a reputation beyond reputeScottie2Hottie has a reputation beyond reputeScottie2Hottie has a reputation beyond reputeScottie2Hottie has a reputation beyond reputeScottie2Hottie has a reputation beyond reputeScottie2Hottie has a reputation beyond reputeScottie2Hottie has a reputation beyond reputeScottie2Hottie has a reputation beyond reputeScottie2Hottie has a reputation beyond reputeScottie2Hottie has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 96,267.75

when i think corkscrew punch, i think of ricky hatton throwing that crazy uppercut of his.
Scottie2Hottie is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List