Well I just got my ass kicked out of the superheavyweight/heavyweight division - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 03-21-2007, 11:43 PM #1
-Antonio-

Quoted: 420 Post(s)
-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,409,582.66
Great poster/member! - jazluvr good poster - sugarsmosley 
Default Well I just got my ass kicked out of the superheavyweight/heavyweight division

Ive done controlled sparring before with a guy with only a month more experience than me. So this was my first full contact spar, and I got stomped. Im 5'8 225 with 3 months experience the other guy is 6'4 about 220 and had a couple amatuer fights.

I kept trying to slip punches, but he kept his distance and beat the **** out of me. I pushed him to the corner a few times after eating several shots, and I got in some body shots, but all he had to do was cover up and throw in an uppercut. The punches come a lot faster than I expected. I was like Rocky Balboa in there sometimes, just getting belted with shots. They didnt even hurt, but I got stunned a couple of times. I dont know I just didnt know what to do in there. I tried to throw punches, but I couldnt get within reach.

It definitely left a bad taste in my mouth (as well as some blood) And I never want to feel that way again. I felt helpless and there were about 20 boxers watching, ohhing and aweing at the sight of me getting crushed. My pride was hurt bad. Im brushing it off though, and am going to try even harder to get better and drop weight. People asked me if I was going to quit. **** that, I dont see how anybody can quit after that. I would never forgive myself.
-Antonio- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-21-2007, 11:47 PM #2
Boxing in the face

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond reputeNacho_Analstain has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,935,313.77
Total Points: 58,508,081.76
This Beer represents Roy beating Joe Calzaghe, VERY SOON! - reedickyaluss No Message - azza No Message - azza No Message - azza No Message - azza 
No Message - azza No Message - azza what kind of a sad cunt buys himself gifts? - mickeyb fucking gay - mickeyb No Message - P4PKING_2008 
Your milkshake brings all the whores to the board. Well, at least one of them. - K-Nan rocky sucks - RichLoc Don't say I never gave you anything ;) - woftam does cotto make you randy baby, yeah?? - Sin City Arise Sir Azza of Chavvington - Jambo Boy 
Send a message via MSN to Nacho_Analstain

good man,i was reading that thinking you was gonna quit,he was more in shape and had experience,dont let it hurt your pride,think of it as a learning experience
Nacho_Analstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:47 PM #3
Bi-furious.

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 193,125,803,856.77
Total Points: 194,171,129,481.62
a toast to all the excitement bernard hopkins has gifted the world...... - Left Hook Tua The meaning of life, Brook. Thats what is in this box. Who can beat that gift? Thats what I thought... - K-Nan 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink 

Happened to me quite a few times, its like a wake up call to work harder. It does happen a lot when you are new to boxing, as I seen you are.
I remember sparring a guy who was 40 pounds heavier than me but he was inactive for a long time and I thought I could simply outspeed him and use the angles.... well the guy beat the **** out of me to the point that my headgear turned around.
BrooklynBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:52 PM #4
the lizard of ahs

Quoted: 476 Post(s)
phallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 39,833,706,149,575,237,632.00
Total Points: 39,833,706,149,575,311,360.00
Hermano de leche.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Rimjob All-Star Team - DWiens421 have a drink on me bro. - Melly-Mel Big,thick, black cock in the ass - Mizzou To my long lost brother. - Round 1 
No Message - Dick Valentine Here homey. You need some food - mangler Here's a gift hermano.. - !! AI-Holmes!! top notch poster - BostonGuy eat some cake hermano.. - Round 1 
Happy Holidays phallus.. - !! AI-Holmes!! here's a leftover slice, enjoy! Brooklyn Pizza son!!! - -jose- You know what's up. Real recognize real. #respect - Just Now Hit Me No Message - -jose- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - _PlaT_NuM_ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - mangler jr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mangler Jewnior 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
Happened to me quite a few times, its like a wake up call to work harder. It does happen a lot when you are new to boxing, as I seen you are.
I remember sparring a guy who was 40 pounds heavier than me but he was inactive for a long time and I thought I could simply outspeed him and use the angles.... well the guy beat the **** out of me to the point that my headgear turned around.
same thing happened to me... it just made me mad, i went back to the gym and trained harder

Antonio, u have to start preparing more for fighting tall guys. in your weight div everybody will be taller than u. i was a 5'9" middleweight fighting 6" skinny guys. i liked it actually, i liked hitting those long bodies
phallus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:55 PM #5
Bi-furious.

BrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 193,125,803,856.77
Total Points: 194,171,129,481.62
a toast to all the excitement bernard hopkins has gifted the world...... - Left Hook Tua The meaning of life, Brook. Thats what is in this box. Who can beat that gift? Thats what I thought... - K-Nan 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr filth View Post
same thing happened to me... it just made me mad, i went back to the gym and trained harder

Antonio, u have to start preparing more for fighting tall guys. in your weight div everybody will be taller than u. i was a 5'9" middleweight fighting 6" skinny guys. i liked it actually, i liked hitting those long bodies
Yeah, no matter how hard I was getting **** beat out of me, it would only make me mad as hell to train harder, too bad I did not know much about overtraining and injuries that come with it.
BrooklynBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:58 PM #6
-Antonio-

Quoted: 420 Post(s)
-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,409,582.66
Great poster/member! - jazluvr good poster - sugarsmosley 

Yeah I already did some shadow boxing in my livingroom. I was and am still pissed.
-Antonio- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:58 PM #7
Future Champion

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Verstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,709,962,283,793.00
Total Points: 87,609,962,960,865.34
congrats!!! - kadyo Congrats on 38K posts Vers mah homie!!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! to the big homie - Larryx2011 great lounge poster - RINGG interesting/good threads man. - chiguy91 
for an atg poster - jazluvr For all your kindness and support - Lorily :lol1: that shyt ain't right and awkward thread - jose830 No Message - MELLY-MEL... Thanks bro - BulgariasFinest 
Welcome back bud - TBear Happy Holidays Verstyle.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - TBear No Message - TBear No Message - TBear 
40,000 posts! :fing02: - jose830 4 d 40k - led* 40k son - MELLY-MEL... have a great time at the fight tomorrow night! - HUGH JASS good to see you around - -jose- 

well it happens like that in sparring sometimes,u wont win all of your spars,just gotta look at your mistakes and correct them.
Verstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:02 AM #8
the lizard of ahs

Quoted: 476 Post(s)
phallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 39,833,706,149,575,237,632.00
Total Points: 39,833,706,149,575,311,360.00
Hermano de leche.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Rimjob All-Star Team - DWiens421 have a drink on me bro. - Melly-Mel Big,thick, black cock in the ass - Mizzou To my long lost brother. - Round 1 
No Message - Dick Valentine Here homey. You need some food - mangler Here's a gift hermano.. - !! AI-Holmes!! top notch poster - BostonGuy eat some cake hermano.. - Round 1 
Happy Holidays phallus.. - !! AI-Holmes!! here's a leftover slice, enjoy! Brooklyn Pizza son!!! - -jose- You know what's up. Real recognize real. #respect - Just Now Hit Me No Message - -jose- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - _PlaT_NuM_ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - mangler jr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mangler Jewnior 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
well it happens like that in sparring sometimes,u wont win all of your spars,just gotta look at your mistakes and correct them.
i learned more from my mistakes sometimes, than from anything else
phallus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:19 PM #9
Birth of a Monster

DA1CATAS has a reputation beyond reputeDA1CATAS has a reputation beyond reputeDA1CATAS has a reputation beyond reputeDA1CATAS has a reputation beyond reputeDA1CATAS has a reputation beyond reputeDA1CATAS has a reputation beyond reputeDA1CATAS has a reputation beyond reputeDA1CATAS has a reputation beyond reputeDA1CATAS has a reputation beyond reputeDA1CATAS has a reputation beyond reputeDA1CATAS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,711,693.48
Total Points: 3,872,746.47
Keep your head up. - Bendigo 
Send a message via AIM to DA1CATAS

How many miles do you run a day? (or when you run how many?) The time?

How many punches are you throwing during your sparring sessions? (how many rounds)

you need to get down to atleast 200 I say while you spar... and thats if your hitting with Great force,... if your 225 at 5'8 you might wanna campaign at 175 if your seriously trying to fight.

If your getting hit with uppercuts when you dig to the body the problem might be that your throwing a lil wide. Its an illusion that your hitting harder by pulling so far back...Try to shorten them and be a lil more percise.

Your gonna need good headmovement at this height being 225 because most people are gonna have the advantage to shoot down at you. Build your neck up as much as possible. Thats gonna be KEY for you if you wanna stay above 160.. which is where your gonna be for a while.

Your key punches are gonna be Hooks...Your Key area will Be the body.. thats all apparent. So when your working are put some emphasis on this training. Jabs are always important but they are mainly just going to be your key to the inside.

Uppercuts and jabs are gonna be your main problem... Meaning the main punch that will be thrown at you... so you should always expect them.

I know i threw alot at you for you only being 3 months but its all Right...

Just work on your endurance and stamina extremenly hard.. they're gonna be your best friend since your just begining.

Hope everything starts to look good for you.

CATASTROPHE

when people come with problems try to help them out not just comment. 1
DA1CATAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:04 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

potatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 160,091.44
Total Points: 205,227.36

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Antonio- View Post
Ive done controlled sparring before with a guy with only a month more experience than me. So this was my first full contact spar, and I got stomped. Im 5'8 225 with 3 months experience the other guy is 6'4 about 220 and had a couple amatuer fights.

I kept trying to slip punches, but he kept his distance and beat the **** out of me. I pushed him to the corner a few times after eating several shots, and I got in some body shots, but all he had to do was cover up and throw in an uppercut. The punches come a lot faster than I expected. I was like Rocky Balboa in there sometimes, just getting belted with shots. They didnt even hurt, but I got stunned a couple of times. I dont know I just didnt know what to do in there. I tried to throw punches, but I couldnt get within reach.

It definitely left a bad taste in my mouth (as well as some blood) And I never want to feel that way again. I felt helpless and there were about 20 boxers watching, ohhing and aweing at the sight of me getting crushed. My pride was hurt bad. Im brushing it off though, and am going to try even harder to get better and drop weight. People asked me if I was going to quit. **** that, I dont see how anybody can quit after that. I would never forgive myself.

It is not common to see men weighing 225 who are only 5'8," or rather, it is not common to see it in boxing. Would it be rude to ask why your weight is so high? Once you achieve boxing shape I have a suspicion that your weight will drop substantially. No need to have a weight goal, just get in shape. Nevertheless, since you are probably bulky by nature, your goal should be to learn how to fight small. Find a trainer who knows how to teach you these things then spend the many months and years to learn the proper skills.
potatoes is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List