How much are you paying for your gym /training? - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 02-26-2007, 11:10 PM #1
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 21,749.42
Default How much are you paying for your gym /training?

I checked out 2 local gym's earlier one of them quoted me $50 a month for a membership with access to both ring's,the bag's,and equipment.
and the other one quoted me $70 a month with unlimited gym time and a 1 day class every month to any of there cardio session's.They got personal trainer's in each place which are $40 a hour for 1 hour session's and they have special classes deticated to pad work and **** like that which is also $40 a class or 101 with a trainer for $40.I was wondering if any of you guy's out there pay for personal trainer's? if so how much are you paying a month between all your fee's to compete as a amateur or in any tournament's? how necessary is it to spend $500-$800 a month for personal training?I train in my own enviorment i have a heavy bag a speed bag and sparring partner but i wanna compete soon enough but the money is a issue.
HANDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-26-2007, 11:11 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

BmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 172,195.91

what a rip. Go to a ghetto gym, mine was $25 a month when I went. The only downside is if they dont think youre good theyll barely train you.
BmoreBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:16 PM #3
Banned

HANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond reputeHANDZ has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 21,749.42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBrawler View Post
what a rip. Go to a ghetto gym, mine was $25 a month when I went. The only downside is if they dont think youre good theyll barely train you.
Yea that gym in my neighborhood is funded by the P.a.L and it's free but i was trying to get in to another one that isnt so crowded because they have very little equipmet and it's all banged up so i checked out a few with in 10-15 mile's of me to get in to a better atmosphere but they sound like there asking a arm and a leg.
HANDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:16 PM #4
Soldier of Fortune

boxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond reputeboxing4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 41,783.85
Total Points: 110,544.03

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ View Post
I checked out 2 local gym's earlier one of them quoted me $50 a month for a membership with access to both ring's,the bag's,and equipment.
and the other one quoted me $70 a month with unlimited gym time and a 1 day class every month to any of there cardio session's.They got personal trainer's in each place which are $40 a hour for 1 hour session's and they have special classes deticated to pad work and **** like that which is also $40 a class or 101 with a trainer for $40.I was wondering if any of you guy's out there pay for personal trainer's? if so how much are you paying a month between all your fee's to compete as a amateur or in any tournament's? how necessary is it to spend $500-$800 a month for personal training?I train in my own enviorment i have a heavy bag a speed bag and sparring partner but i wanna compete soon enough but the money is a issue.
thats redicilous they want 50 bucks a month and your still restricted? wow thats nuts the 2 gyms i been to so far both chargerd 50 bucks and were open 4-5 days a week 3 hours each and all the trainers dont charge you to work with you
boxing4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:50 AM #5
Future Champion

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Verstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,709,962,283,793.00
Total Points: 87,609,962,961,550.34
congrats!!! - kadyo Congrats on 38K posts Vers mah homie!!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! to the big homie - Larryx2011 great lounge poster - RINGG interesting/good threads man. - chiguy91 
for an atg poster - jazluvr For all your kindness and support - Lorily :lol1: that shyt ain't right and awkward thread - jose830 No Message - MELLY-MEL... Thanks bro - BulgariasFinest 
Welcome back bud - TBear Happy Holidays Verstyle.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - TBear No Message - TBear No Message - TBear 
40,000 posts! :fing02: - jose830 4 d 40k - led* 40k son - MELLY-MEL... have a great time at the fight tomorrow night! - HUGH JASS good to see you around - -jose- 

soon to be paying $125.00 a month
Verstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:57 AM #6
the lizard of ahs

Quoted: 476 Post(s)
phallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 40,630,380,272,566,747,136.00
Total Points: 40,630,380,272,566,820,864.00
Hermano de leche.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Rimjob All-Star Team - DWiens421 have a drink on me bro. - Melly-Mel Big,thick, black cock in the ass - Mizzou To my long lost brother. - Round 1 
No Message - Dick Valentine Here homey. You need some food - mangler Here's a gift hermano.. - !! AI-Holmes!! top notch poster - BostonGuy eat some cake hermano.. - Round 1 
Happy Holidays phallus.. - !! AI-Holmes!! here's a leftover slice, enjoy! Brooklyn Pizza son!!! - -jose- You know what's up. Real recognize real. #respect - Just Now Hit Me No Message - -jose- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - _PlaT_NuM_ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - mangler jr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mangler Jewnior 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
ouch versy, they should only charge pros that much, not am's
phallus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:37 AM #7
Undisputed Champion

BmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreBrawler has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 172,195.91

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
I hope youre going to the Sugar Ray Leonard gym. Otherwise, Im sure its not worth it.
BmoreBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:40 AM #8
Pound 4 Pound

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute-GBGQ- has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,110,020.11
Send a message via AIM to -GBGQ-

Roughly around FREE dollars.

Yeah.
-GBGQ- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:44 AM #9
Interim Champion

Trick has a reputation beyond reputeTrick has a reputation beyond reputeTrick has a reputation beyond reputeTrick has a reputation beyond reputeTrick has a reputation beyond reputeTrick has a reputation beyond reputeTrick has a reputation beyond reputeTrick has a reputation beyond reputeTrick has a reputation beyond reputeTrick has a reputation beyond reputeTrick has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 24,482.20

40 (Cdn) a month, which isn't bad. Not too much individual attention though, really only 2 hours a week, other than that the "competitors" mostly train themselves, with the trainers helping out when/where they can.
Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:55 AM #10
Undisputed Champion

fraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 188,651.01

Right in there with Versy. I pay about $110. But my gym is a nonprofit org that gives out free boxing lessons to underprivileged kids, holds free rape prevention classes, etc. I'm fine with paying it because I can see where it's going; the gym has a rep as an upstanding member of the neighborhood. Plus, I've seen the car our gym owner drives. He's not exactly getting rich.

And besides, it's cheaper than therapy.
fraidycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List