Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 01-02-2003, 01:09 PM
wondermut
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 wondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 56,031.00
Default Back to Training

Now that this bull**** holiday season is over all the places i train are open again, WOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

SO, I am going to BJJ tonight and will tryout some of the moves i learned in the Sperry tapes. I learned some good turnovers and new subs.

Tomorrow will be the start of my Muay Thai training. So 6days a week of training for me, 3 of those days will be doubles of BJJ and Thai.

I have never stopped at the gym btw.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-02-2003, 04:50 PM
Bzob
The Grand Master Of Flowers

Rep Power: 44 Bzob has a reputation beyond reputeBzob has a reputation beyond reputeBzob has a reputation beyond reputeBzob has a reputation beyond reputeBzob has a reputation beyond reputeBzob has a reputation beyond reputeBzob has a reputation beyond reputeBzob has a reputation beyond reputeBzob has a reputation beyond reputeBzob has a reputation beyond reputeBzob has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 272,499.07
Send a message via AIM to Bzob

good for you, It feels good to be motivated!

Reading your post motivated me to work harder tonight!

Thank you
Old 01-02-2003, 04:51 PM
seldomTap
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 25 seldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 108,682.00

Yeah, I am itching to get on the matt...might have to be monday night at this stage due to work and what not.

I hate the holidays for this reason
Old 01-02-2003, 04:57 PM
wondermut
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 wondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these partswondermut is infamous around these parts

NP bro, thats what this forum is for. Ill let you know how the transfer of knowledge from tapes to real mat work turns out.
Old 01-03-2003, 12:25 AM
wondermut
Undisputed Champion

Didnt have the chance to use any of the things I learned in those tapes. But for the 1st time I landed the mounted triangle, that makes me happy. I also worked the spider guard ( inside guard, overhead guard) well and landed a sweet kneebar from it.

My submission in general need work. So far (i have only been training for about a month back from a 4yr layoff) I have been working position and technique. I can get out of bad positions well, because I am always in them. My guard pass are improving and so is my guard. I feel that the subs will come with good position. I hope I am right. At this point I just need to roll, the rest will follow.
Old 01-03-2003, 12:47 AM
DOGGx0

Rep Power: 33 DOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,414.58
Total Points: 562,021.90
Send a message via AIM to DOGGx0 Send a message via MSN to DOGGx0

i am sooo out of the loop. i have a fight August 23, 2003 and should be atleast at the gym working out since the gym has not been open.

thanks for the motivation.
Old 01-03-2003, 10:59 AM
wondermut
Undisputed Champion

Get to work or thatll be you in that rear naked choke!
Old 01-03-2003, 11:22 PM
CrashZero
Owned

Rep Power: 0 CrashZero is infamous around these partsCrashZero is infamous around these partsCrashZero is infamous around these partsCrashZero is infamous around these partsCrashZero is infamous around these partsCrashZero is infamous around these partsCrashZero is infamous around these partsCrashZero is infamous around these partsCrashZero is infamous around these partsCrashZero is infamous around these partsCrashZero is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 15,746.00
Send a message via AIM to CrashZero

good to hear you are back at it wonder, I wouldnt get discouraged by the tape thing not working considering the best subs are stikcing to the basics and once you really get those down is when youll see the opportunities for the extras. All the extra subs are their when you cant get ur basics working (rear naked, arm bar, ankle locks etc....)
Old 01-04-2003, 12:59 AM
wondermut
Undisputed Champion

Thanks Crash. Its not that it didnt work, the situation never presented itself.

Did Muay Thai tonight. It was different. I like rolling much better but I have to do it to complete the game. The class itself kicks ass. I must tell you that all of those years of TKD did pay off a bit. My balance, footwork, strength and overall position are still fantastic. The guy who held the bag said I hit like a brick ****house. That felt good!
Also noone could believe that it was my 1st Thai class. Woooohoooo!
Old 01-04-2003, 01:00 AM
James Fulton

Bank: 0
Total Points: 0

keep up the good work bro!