Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-29-2007, 04:14 PM
PATO 1

Rep Power: 127 PATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 9,068,403.35

what did your paper say
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-29-2007, 04:14 PM
niceguy45
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 niceguy45 has a reputation beyond reputeniceguy45 has a reputation beyond reputeniceguy45 has a reputation beyond reputeniceguy45 has a reputation beyond reputeniceguy45 has a reputation beyond reputeniceguy45 has a reputation beyond reputeniceguy45 has a reputation beyond reputeniceguy45 has a reputation beyond reputeniceguy45 has a reputation beyond reputeniceguy45 has a reputation beyond reputeniceguy45 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 178,351,927.13
Total Points: 178,474,090.63

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Temible View Post
his confidence if he wanted peace of mind hed of re-matched collazo and beat him again to gain confidence
yeah right i don't think that would be on his plans at all he knows collazo whipped his ass
Old 01-29-2007, 04:17 PM
El Jesus
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 37 El Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,498,655.68
Just for being a cool guy. That's all. - BennyST 

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Temible View Post
what did your paper say
some article in the oakland tribune mentioned a bit about the fight asking why he would run from 147 back down to 140 and clinch and hold for the latter half of the fight. Basically saying that if you want to impress US audiences, that isnt the way to do it, it was funny though, he was saying we have enough unexciting fighters here, we dont need to import.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:18 PM
hugh grant
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 43 hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,038,346,298.29
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 

Holding aside....it has been suggested Hatton hasnt fought anyone. The way he wins wasnt questioned! It was that he hadnt faced good great opposition to make him a superfighter. And i said there arent really anyone out there for him to beat that would make him a superfighter.
Hopkins and co have often looked **** while winning as well. You cant always look good, but if you get the job done, people shouldnt question Hatton the way they do. For the sake of it and for fun.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:22 PM
El Jesus
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 37 El Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeEl Jesus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh grant View Post
Holding aside....it has been suggested Hatton hasnt fought anyone. The way he wins wasnt questioned! It was that he hadnt faced good great opposition to make him a superfighter. And i said there arent really anyone out there for him to beat that would make him a superfighter.
Hopkins and co have often looked **** while winning as well. You cant always look good, but if you get the job done, people shouldnt question Hatton the way they do. For the sake of it and for fun.

To be a superfighter, you just have to really just knock people the **** out, or just really beat the **** out of someone. Hatton in his major televised fights, hasnt really acheived that, the tszyu fight was not impressive for alot of american audiences, alot of us saw it as real dirty. The Maussa fight was a good KO, but it was PPV and nobody was gonna order that ****. the collazo/urango fight have failed to impress. so hes gonna need to kill castillo to acheieve it.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:22 PM
dannnnn
Contender

Rep Power: 9 dannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,048,711.06

I'm sorry to say it but if that's the case then it's only because American audiences need everything dumbed down and spoon-fed to them. Harsh generalization I know but it rings true with about 60% of the population (including most of this board).

Rabah could have been given a close decision against Urango, Hatton dominated him from the first bell until the last and it was far from his best night.

I don't know why everybody on here slags Hatton off so much, at least he doesnt circle the ring staring at his opponent without throwing a punch for 2 minutes, he just gets stuck in and doesn't always look pretty doing it. The clinching is strategy to get his own punches off without taking any back- it's smart, and it really isn't THAT excessive so grow up.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:23 PM
RwK
Predator Hunts My Love

Rep Power: 16912 RwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 247,267,262.91
Total Points: 6,878,712,481.56
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest thanks bro,good man. - BoZz Bribery for you to not kill me - led 
cheers friendo - Mike Tyson77 Super, man! :) - Bossy Bribing you with this, so if there is ever a riot and we are in the same place, you will let me hide behind you :D - Bossy Bribing you with this, so if there is ever a riot and we are in the same place, you will let me hide behind you :D - Bossy G - rorymac 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannnnn View Post
The clinching is strategy to get his own punches off without taking any back- it's smart, and it really isn't THAT excessive so grow up.
Yes, the clinching is very, very excessive. I'm surprised they don't penalize him at times....but I'm not complaining. It doesn't bother me THAT much.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:25 PM
El Jesus
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannnnn View Post
I'm sorry to say it but if that's the case then it's only because American audiences need everything dumbed down and spoon-fed to them. Harsh generalization I know but it rings true with about 60% of the population (including most of this board).

Rabah could have been given a close decision against Urango, Hatton dominated him from the first bell until the last and it was far from his best night.

I don't know why everybody on here slags Hatton off so much, at least he doesnt circle the ring staring at his opponent without throwing a punch for 2 minutes, he just gets stuck in and doesn't always look pretty doing it. The clinching is strategy to get his own punches off without taking any back- it's smart, and it really isn't THAT excessive so grow up.

Thats not it at all, if that was the case, PBF wouldnt sell 350,000 ppv's, neither would hopkins/tarver. None of those guys are super one punch KO artists, Hatton right now just doesnt have it. What if Hatton was american, and went to europe to fight, do you honestly think anyone would be impressed with that style?

Watching hattons fights are ****ing aggravating and grueling, aint nothing pretty about being ahead and just holding and hitting, its ****ing boring.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:28 PM
El Jesus
Undisputed Champion

and dont start talking about things being dumb down for americans when hatton comes from a country where CRAZY FROG can be a number 1 hit song
Old 01-29-2007, 04:30 PM
adamk1304
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 adamk1304 has a reputation beyond reputeadamk1304 has a reputation beyond reputeadamk1304 has a reputation beyond reputeadamk1304 has a reputation beyond reputeadamk1304 has a reputation beyond reputeadamk1304 has a reputation beyond reputeadamk1304 has a reputation beyond reputeadamk1304 has a reputation beyond reputeadamk1304 has a reputation beyond reputeadamk1304 has a reputation beyond reputeadamk1304 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,079,313.74
cheers, mate!!! - Left Hook Tua 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jesus View Post
Thats not it at all, if that was the case, PBF wouldnt sell 350,000 ppv's, neither would hopkins/tarver. None of those guys are super one punch KO artists, Hatton right now just doesnt have it. What if Hatton was american, and went to europe to fight, do you honestly think anyone would be impressed with that style?

Watching hattons fights are ****ing aggravating and grueling, aint nothing pretty about being ahead and just holding and hitting, its ****ing boring.
If hatton was american, the haters on this forum would instead be hanging by their teeth from his sack.