Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Orishaman
Contender

Rep Power: 0 Orishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 31,864.00
Default ** Tommy Hearns, could have been the best ever...**

If Tommy Hearns had a chin....he would have been the best ever, he had it all speed, power, very underestimated boxing skills.....he had guts and he wanted to fight the best...regardless...no games ...no bull****...

He fought 26 rounds with one of the top 10 ATG's on anyones list, and got the best out of him winning more rounds and outboxing the boxer if you ad all the those 26 rounds together, Tommy wouldhave won by UD on points...

He got shafted by History, yet he gave us the best 3 rounds in boxing against MMH, he stood toe to toe for 3 rounds, takes no prisioners fight against Hagler....something that SRL didn't do...He outboxed the incredible Wilfred El Radar Benitez, a master technician...he destroyed Duran in 2 rounds...2 rounds with one of the mnost devastating right hands I ever seen...that was electric...he detroyed with one punch the great Pipino Cuevas...yet he is not talk at the same level as the SRL and Hagler...

In all honesty , Hearns, SRL and Hagler should be considered equals in history , not one better than the other one in an ATG list they should all be equal, with Duran possibly ahead of then for what he did a LW and the fact that he was the oleder and smaller of the group, but that;s arguable...what we can argued is that Hearns was an incredible odity that was not given a solid chin, but yet transcended on the sport by his power and boxing skills.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-23-2006, 03:20 PM
shortright
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 shortright has a reputation beyond reputeshortright has a reputation beyond reputeshortright has a reputation beyond reputeshortright has a reputation beyond reputeshortright has a reputation beyond reputeshortright has a reputation beyond reputeshortright has a reputation beyond reputeshortright has a reputation beyond reputeshortright has a reputation beyond reputeshortright has a reputation beyond reputeshortright has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 37,659.94

hearns biggest problems was his inexperience agaisnst leanord he was just 22 and neer went 15 b4
Old 12-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Orishaman
Contender

Rep Power: 0 Orishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these partsOrishaman is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortright View Post
hearns biggest problems was his inexperience agaisnst leanord he was just 22 and neer went 15 b4

Hearns was a special boxer....SRL was too...but Hearns was pure excitment inisde the 16 ropes!!!
Old 12-23-2006, 03:22 PM
jack_the_rippuh
I to your mom..

Rep Power: 21552 jack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,250,138.07
Total Points: 82,636,693.82
thanks for helping me dig it - boxing_prospect a bribe to red k wlad owns and to tell him it's from i am ike. lol - i am ike since you feel ill , player. an apple a day keep the doctor away. - i am ike here swallow all these pills and it'll help you throw up. - i am ike please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua 
One of boxingscene's best - BostonGuy For the new boxingscene millionaire... Oh i forgot hook me some of your good K mate.... - FasTHarD Best Poster On Boxingscene! - Dorian THE GOAT - RJJ The Truth To a fellow dark mind. - Mizzou 
to the most sick minded individual to ever step foot in BoxingScene...we await your return jackula...mwahahahaa - BritishBoxing92 

Gerald McClellan walked right through Hearns' best right hand.
Steward was shocked..
Old 12-23-2006, 03:22 PM
-X-
Kc Chiefs in 09

Rep Power: 15 -X- has a reputation beyond repute-X- has a reputation beyond repute-X- has a reputation beyond repute-X- has a reputation beyond repute-X- has a reputation beyond repute-X- has a reputation beyond repute-X- has a reputation beyond repute-X- has a reputation beyond repute-X- has a reputation beyond repute-X- has a reputation beyond repute-X- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 274.56
Total Points: 127,129.66
Thanks for the awesome fights bro! - MagicManBoxing thanks for the dvds, great quality - Orion your a good man - Orion For the Gatti career set - MagicManBoxing No Message - -X- 
your gonna need these after tarver gets his ass kicked - Orion Pretzel Goodness - ??? It's fight nite. Have a brew homey - mangler Go Ward! - MagicManBoxing Have a drink on me bruv... - The Gully Gad 
gift thread - MANGLER 

I loved Tommy Hearns. Thought he was the best of the big 4. At least the most exciting. That KO of Duran ranks as one of the most brutal of all-time. As far as best ever thats like saying if Pernell Whitaker could punch hed be the best ever. Just didnt happen that way.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:24 PM
GEOFFHAYES
Juy Hayes

Rep Power: 23 GEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant futureGEOFFHAYES has a brilliant future
Total Points: 183,501.55

Eubank says "Thomas Hearns" was the best fighter he's seen in his lifetime.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:24 PM
realheavyhands
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 21 realheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 196,044.45

Gerarg Mcclellan Would Of Really Been The Best.. Roy Jones And Emmanuel Steward Both Had Said This.. I Still Blame That Ref For What Happened.. He Should Of Never Went Over There To Fight .. And Thats Why Roy Never Would
Old 12-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Orishaman
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopkins#1 View Post
I loved Tommy Hearns. Thought he was the best of the big 4. At least the most exciting. That KO of Duran ranks as one of the most brutal of all-time. As far as best ever thats like saying if Pernell Whitaker could punch hed be the best ever. Just didnt happen that way.

No really because, Hearns had it all, and maybe I should not have said that he didn't have a chin, let just said a better chin...Pernell was great, not the gretest but right up there.....Tommy Hearns was the closet to SRR that we have seen since SRR....
Old 12-23-2006, 03:29 PM
eazy_mas
Pride kills the champ

Rep Power: 48 eazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond reputeeazy_mas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.01
Total Points: 163,809.31
Be a fat American, eat a hot dog! - Mizzou please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua 

Quote:
Originally Posted by realheavyhands View Post
Gerarg Mcclellan Would Of Really Been The Best.. Roy Jones And Emmanuel Steward Both Had Said This.. I Still Blame That Ref For What Happened.. He Should Of Never Went Over There To Fight .. And Thats Why Roy Never Would
That is why nobody want to go to brit.

the G-Man is one of the p4p fighter in my list but i dont know other guy.

he traded with ****in Julian Jackson the p4p most powerful puncher
Old 12-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Orishaman
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy_mas View Post
That is why nobody want to go to brit.

the G-Man is one of the p4p fighter in my list but i dont know other guy.

he traded with ****in Julian Jackson the p4p most powerful puncher
Man you guys are all cought up on this P4P BS, get it straight there's ONLY ONE P4P IN BOXING AND THAT SRR that's it!!!!

BTW, in similar fashion to Bowe v. Holyfield, Jackson v. McClellan, never the same after these 2 fights, specially McClellan won the fights but at very high price and it took Nigel Benn to show it to the world, the damage that destroyed McClellan was n0ot by Benn but the fights with Jackson....