Gammer camp rejects Harrison bid - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Global Boxing Scene
Thread Navigation

Old 12-19-2006, 09:20 AM
FeelTheA-Force
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 FeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these partsFeelTheA-Force is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.03
Total Points: 551,063.76
Default Gammer camp rejects Harrison bid

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/6190983.stm

Quote:
British heavyweight champion Scott Gammer's manager says that Audley Harrison has nothing to offer them to fight in London in February.

Harrison's new promoter, Frank Warren, says they have made a "substantial offer" for Gammer to defend his title.

But Paul Boyce says Gammer has little incentive other than money to fight Olympic gold medallist Harrison.

"We've had an offer but Scott doesn't need Audley Harrison at the moment, we have other plans," Boyce said.

"The offer isn't what we'd want financially anyway but it doesn't come down to money, I have a plan for Scott's career."

Gammer was meant to fight Danny Williams at the Afan Lido, Port Talbot, on 16 February.

But the injuries Williams received after stepping in at a week's notice against Harrison on 9 December, losing in three rounds, mean he cannot fight Gammer in February.

Harrison had been meant to face Commonwealth champion Matt Skelton - who also remains a target for the Gammer camp - only for Skelton to withdraw because of a broken hand.

That has seen Warren court Gammer to face Harrison at Wembley Arena on 17 February, but Boyce is unimpressed by the bid.

"Firstly, Scott is the champion - the British champion - based in Wales and I think if he (Harrison) wants that fight then he should come to Wales, and I've told Frank that," Boyce said.

"I'll be discussing it with Scott and his father tonight and I think we've got better options and a better route to go down.

"Scott will probably still box on the 16th, although Danny Williams is certainly out for that date."

Boyce revealed that the contract to face Williams is still in place and a new date is likely to be set for April or May.

Until then Boyce must find his man a new opponent and European champion Michael Sprott is one option for Gammer to face on 16 February in Port Talbot.

"Michael Sprott looks the favourite, especially as he brings the EU title so we can put two titles on the line," Boyce added.

"What people have to realise is that Audley Harrison, apart from his name, has got nothing to offer - Audley Harrison isn't a contender."
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-19-2006, 01:16 PM
The Surgeon
Days Of Glory

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Rep Power: 57 The Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,182,011,866,605.99
Total Points: 203,294,996,744,514.62
Happy 18th  Birthday, Braveheart - jreckoning Yes, Cheers Amigo! - anonymousboxing Thanks for your support - Massage Queen toasting the anglo-scottish alliance - mr.crust Cotto = The man - Animalistic 
Keep visiting the History Section man! - Barnburner To one of  the really good guys in the History section. - Terry A For my best boxing scene mate - BigStereotype Who the ***k is HALGER ????? - McGoorty I know how much the scottish love their flowers so I thought I'd be nice and get you one. - eli porter 
congrats on your first article for KO Digest - fitefanSHO Green :) - dancovboxer cheers - hhs661 CHEERS MATE !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER jaja! pa la victoria de cotto! - Sin City 
For Cotto! - 120 Cheers - typeone Happy New Year! - Scott9945 Cpngrats - typeone Merry Christmas! - TartanSoldier 
Autism - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Surgeon 

Gammer has fear in his heart!
Old 12-19-2006, 03:18 PM
rooq
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 rooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 429,505.79
Total Points: 512,082.65
Good job with ROOQ'S BOXING PROMOTER game! - LoadedWraps 

thats ****ty...he was quite willing to fight williams so why not audley?

maybe boyce's plan for gammer's career involves him remaining unbeaten, but if he isn't going to even step to up to fight someone at audleys level, how the hell is he going to progress?
Old 12-20-2006, 01:55 PM
The Surgeon
Days Of Glory

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Rep Power: 57 The Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,182,011,866,605.99
Total Points: 203,294,996,744,514.62
Happy 18th  Birthday, Braveheart - jreckoning Yes, Cheers Amigo! - anonymousboxing Thanks for your support - Massage Queen toasting the anglo-scottish alliance - mr.crust Cotto = The man - Animalistic 
Keep visiting the History Section man! - Barnburner To one of  the really good guys in the History section. - Terry A For my best boxing scene mate - BigStereotype Who the ***k is HALGER ????? - McGoorty I know how much the scottish love their flowers so I thought I'd be nice and get you one. - eli porter 
congrats on your first article for KO Digest - fitefanSHO Green :) - dancovboxer cheers - hhs661 CHEERS MATE !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER jaja! pa la victoria de cotto! - Sin City 
For Cotto! - 120 Cheers - typeone Happy New Year! - Scott9945 Cpngrats - typeone Merry Christmas! - TartanSoldier 
Autism - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Surgeon 

The dude has reached beyond his level already and wants to milk it for as long as he can!
Old 12-20-2006, 03:03 PM
duffgun
Banned

Rep Power: 0 duffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,706.89
Total Points: 264,882.25
please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua 

This would have been a good figt for gammer i got no idea why he would reject it
Old 12-21-2006, 01:48 PM
col Blake
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 col Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond reputecol Blake has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 243,369.22
Total Points: 360,910.51

he may have been offered less money the Harrison, or the fact harrison is not the No1 contender, or he may think that just becasue Wank Warren thinks he runs British boxing he wont have nothing to do with them.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:07 AM
rooq
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 rooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 429,505.79
Total Points: 512,082.65
Good job with ROOQ'S BOXING PROMOTER game! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by col Blake View Post
he may have been offered less money the Harrison, or the fact harrison is not the No1 contender, or he may think that just becasue Wank Warren thinks he runs British boxing he wont have nothing to do with them.
williams was the no 1 contender (and a warren fighter). he can't fight because of injuries, so i'd of thought audley would be next in line. and i think he's supposed to be fighting sprott next...no way is he going to make the same amount of money fighting him.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List