Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chavez Sr. on Omar, "He’s crazy, he’s absolutely wrong" - as Omar blames him for loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chavez Sr. on Omar, "He’s crazy, he’s absolutely wrong" - as Omar blames him for loss

Translation here, video below.

Interviewer: What to tell the people in regards to what you lived with your son this past Saturday?

Chavez Sr.: Simply Carlitos, the truth is, as an spectator, I feel disappointed in Omar, as a father, even more, it's the truth. Why? Because I know my son well, I know his capacities, I know what he can give. Remember, he’s my son, I’ve known him as a child, and I know how far can get and what he can give. Unfortunately Carlitos, when the fighter doesn't take things seriously, when the fighter doesn't prepare himself, the worst of fighters Carlitos, the fighter most, with all due respect, the most idiot fighter you can call it, the truth, if he’s well prepared, if he has a winners’ mentality, and the fighter who’s the favorite, who’s supposed to be the better fighter, doesn't prepare how he should, from there, consequences will come.

Interviewer: Julio, after living all of this, what sentiments do you have towards yours son. I know there’s a division, its’ a complicated process to live, to analyze, heal many wounds too, pain comes from there too, but what do you want to tell him. If you had him in front of you, what would you tell him?

Chavez Sr.: Simply Carlitos, not to blame third people, you understand me? Not to come out with excuses, moronic, idiotic excuses, dumb excuses, excuses without founding. I yell at him, logically as a father, it frustrates me to see him getting pummeled, and see him not throwing punches, and that frustrates me. It gives me frustration, why? Because he didn't do things how they should be done Carlitos. He came to throw everything in the garbage. After making a great fight (prior fight I’m thinking), he comes back and gives a garbage of a mess fight?

Interviewer: Julio, before we leave, would you give him another chance? He wants another opportunity? What do you think of doing?

Chavez Sr: Me, step away Carlitos, step away completely. I won’t go to any of his fights, the truth, because supposedly, he’s putting the blame on me, that it was my fault he lost. He’s crazy, he’s absolutely wrong, you understand me? He lost because he didn't train, he didn't prepare himself at conscious. Simply, just tell him that I hope he takes things seriously, if not, I’ll tell him to retire.

Why doesn't he just tell his son that boxing is not for him instead of expecting Omar to be as great as him? Omar Chavez sucks ass, I don't understand why he's fighting for and taking punishment in the ring, aren't they supposed to be well off? Seriously, he made Canelo's less talented but a lot uglier brother look like SRR in there.

Comment

Julio was a bad ass macho fighter, but he has some spoiled rotten ungrateful kids.

His two sons seem to have no respect for their father at all, Julio Jr used to get mad at his dad for doing drugs when he was a teen, all of a sudden Julio Jr starts using drugs now after years of refusing to use drugs like his father.

Both his sons are spoiled, they don't even respect their own father at all and blame him for everything. And the saddest part is Julio Sr just takes it, he probably never disciplined them as kids and pampered them.

Comment

Omar didn't do a damn thing against Alvarez. ****ing terrible fight, Omar really sucks.

The dude didn't even throw punches, just was getting beat up all night.

Comment

Man I feel sorry for Sr. Like I said the night of the fight, poor Sr with his sons headband around his head looking at the pathetic effort he was giving... just embarrassing. He supports and talks highly of both (Omar and Jr), the great Mexican legend goes out of his way to defend them only to have this type of BS in return.

Omar is a pathetic excuse of a man. I like Jr though, he might not be the most disciplined fighter in the world... but the mother****er shows up on fight night. He fights with balls and heart. Omar is a damn queer though, fights like one too.
          Last edited by The Problem Child; 10-02-2014, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Omar should get rid of the last name, for real. Day before the fight he talks about fighting with pride for his family name, and the mother****er pulls a Marion Jones with the Chavez family in his corner and the Alvarez' at the other side laughing away. Disgusting.

Comment

It's not very common that kids of a legend grow up to accomplish the same thing and are able to do it at the same level as the person before them (their Dad.)

You're talking about a top 5 all time Mexican boxer. How could his sons possibly fill those shoes? It's almost impossible.

Not everyone is the same, he's trying to squeeze water out of a rock: the fact is he was great, and his kids are not. And there's nothing wrong with that.

They probably don't even love boxing AS MUCH as Chavez Sr. did.

Comment

It's kinda sad to see Chavez so frustrated with his own children. Both of his kids are beyond spoiled and only took to boxing because it was easier for them to get good paydays by carrying the Chavez name. Sr should just stick to commentating and let those spoiled fools do their own thing.

Comment

Damn it sucks to see Chavez Sr like that, you can tell he was emotionally affected by the accusations of Omar, stupid accusations at that smh

Comment

The sad thing is that both Omar and especially Chavez jr have a lot of talent, world class caliber talent, but their unprofessionalism in training will never allow them to reach their full potential..

Comment

Working...
                    X