Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Wlad Klitschko rule the entire Boxing World if weight classes were abolished?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

The only guys that would be a threat are maybe some talented cruiserweights because the heavyweight division isn't showing anything that can be of threat to Wlad.

Comment

Don't care how athletic you are, a punch from Wlad, even a jab would ruin most guys below 175. At 168 (6 foot plus) you may just about reach his damn head.

Trust me the reach and power would ****ing be devastating. One shot would literally lift up a 147 fighter.

Comment

Obviously...

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Probably, but there is the guy in your avatar and other guys with similar styles as him that would make it an ugly enough fight to save face.

Ward is a good mention though. Haye fought Valuev, and Haye's skills lead him to a win against the much bigger and taller Valuev. Valuev sucks, but Haye made him look worse than he is.

I'd guess Ward would go up to 200lbs and Wlad would be 240lbs, that is a 40lbs advantage and 6 inches. If Chris Byrd had the success he had at HW with his height, I can't see why Ward can't? The size disparity would be neutralized if the smaller guy is good enough. I don't think Ward beats Wlad, I just don't think he'd get embarrassed in there either.
            Because we don't know how Ward would be at that weight. He may be a lot slower... not as sharp, gas out etc...

IMO Ward uses his strength VS other guys, but he would be pushed like a rag doll by Wlad. Fighting a big man will tire you out.

Comment

Obvious answer is yes. Wlad is far too good for any of the lighter weight fighters. Why hasn't Hopkins or someone tried to get a HW title as of late? There's no Ruiz to steal one from like RJJ did. No one is beating Wlad - he's King.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
                The only guys that would be a threat are maybe some talented cruiserweights because the heavyweight division isn't showing anything that can be of threat to Wlad.
                I don't think they are a threat at all. Those that were already stepped up and lost. The size difference was too much.

Comment

Have to say... ATG thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
                    Why is the idea stupid? Is there a height and weight league for basketball players who are under 6 foot tall. Where average joe, 5'8 guys can get together and play amongst one another without worrying about a 7'5 behemoth? NO. If you're undersized, you have to be that much faster and more athletically gifted just to keep up.

Hypothetically, Roy Jones was one of those guys in his prime.
                    Of course the idea is stupid.

Are basketball players punching each other in the face? No.

Comment

Just when you thought Wladimir couldn't possibly attract more haters from the forum, this thread appears.

Comment

Working...
                      X