Mayweather-Hatton II, Marquez-Pacquiao III would sell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather-Hatton II, Marquez-Pacquiao III would sell

October 23, 8:48 PMNY Boxing ExaminerMichael Marley

Like all pundits, this pugilistic pundit’s specialty is snap judgments.

The endless “deadline” pressure of the Internet makes for even more rapid dispensing of verdicts and opinions.

I make mistakes like any pundit. And I must admit my first reaction to Ricky Hatton’s suggestion that he fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. a second time and Freddie Roach’s trial balloon for a third Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez bout were both wrong.

Imagine that, Michael Marley off base. Hey, it happens but now I’m going to man up and admit same.

First, you could actually sell Mayweather-Hatton Redux in Manchester, UK. The Hatton fans will buy it like crackheads snapping up product on “The Wire” in the Baltimore housing projects. (Damn, I miss that wonderful HBO show, don’t you?)

Mayweather-Hatton II would be a bummer in America but in the UK you can peddle it and thrive based on the love for Hatton and the popularity Mayweather enjoys there.

Now, as to Juan Ma-Manny Chapter 3, let me say this about that.

I don’t think it’s a biggie anywhere except as a Pacman Homecoming bout in Manila.

Maybe you sell it as Megamanny’s Famous Final Scene in the beloved homeland.

HBO would likely fall for the story line.

It would be a lot more electric in Manila than in Macau, that is for sure. But I don’t see it as a Las Vegas superbout.

I could be wrong.

It wouldn’t be the first or last time for your Instant Pundit.

myself being a big mayweather fan...he bnbetter not take this rematch which i dont think he will

Hatton needs to rid eoff into the sunset. FLoyd destoryed his career. its over

Comment

I would scorn a Mayweather-Hatton II fight.

JMM-Pac III is doable..if Pac loses to Cotto.. If pac wins to cotto, he has far better fights he can pursue

Comment

A solid case can be made for pac vs jmm 3 in a lower division, if pac losses which i dont want to happen but think it will.

PBF vs Hatton II makes no sense at all right now nor do i think it ever will.. Unless pac fights floyd and KOs him in 2 rounds hahahahahaha jk

pbf vs hatton II its just plain stupid IMO

Comment

I will be utterly pissed off if floyd fought fatton again!!!

Comment

Working...
          X