Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddell+Reed's PBC investment has lost 59% of it's value.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all be hatin' on a slick bidness bruvva!

All yall be celebratin' and sheeiitt when all da man wants to do is offer free boxing..

Bet yall would prefer dat snake Rob Arum runnin da sport stealin' all da fighters purses and sheiit! Can't stand a black man running da game huh??

Comment

Isn't this the same thread that was posted last month and went on for a week. Oh well, I guess it breaks up the monotony of Golovkin talk.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
        So they expected to lose 300 million dollars in the first year? Great business strategy.
        As I said, I don't care. I'm watching more boxing now then I have in years. I'll enjoy it while it lasts

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
          Tell me about it. **** wipes out all your ash reserves. Americsn dream doe. Lol
          Lol.

Pretty sure OP has no clue what he's reading and the original post is fairly vague.

It's like saying I had a million in a certain account and now I have 400K. You know I used money from that account for a certain item but not sure how much and what else was used for other items.

Granted I only skimmed their latest Q but that's about all you can glean. More important, I think people are missing the point. All that capital was provided...to be spent

Comment

The PBC has established itself as such a **** brand. Even their better fights like Quillin/Jacobs are going to Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Lol.

Pretty sure OP has no clue what he's reading and the original post is fairly vague.

It's like saying I had a million in a certain account and now I have 400K. You know I used money from that account for a certain item but not sure how much and what else was used for other items.

Granted I only skimmed their latest Q but that's about all you can glean. More important, I think people are missing the point. All that capital was provided...to be spent
              Bruh...look at the top holdings of one of the funds:
              Top 10 Equity Holdings
              (as a % of net assets as of 9/30/2015)
              SABMiller plc
              2.39%
              AIA Group Ltd.
              2.31%
              Citigroup, Inc.
              2.26%
              Phillips 66
              2.25%
              Coca-Cola Co. (The)
              2.13%
              Home Depot, Inc. (The)
              2.10%
              Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp., Class A
              2.10%
              Kraft Foods Group, Inc. 1.99%
              Microsoft Corp.
              1.97%
              Adobe Systems, Inc.

PBC ain't even 1% of the portfolio. It's like a pimple in an elephants ass to these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                As I said, I don't care. I'm watching more boxing now then I have in years. I'll enjoy it while it lasts
                I hear yea on the part we get to watch more boxing now. But you have to realize if this fails there is absolutely no way boxing will be put on free tv again.

I'd rather have a thing that last and grows than to have some fly by night series.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                  So they expected to lose 300 million dollars in the first year? Great business strategy.
                  Its not losing if your building something up for the future...

But here's the thing, there not building anything. No one gives a crap about PBC, ratings are plummeting, there not getting sponsors, they basically hand boxes of tickets away.

It was a terrible idea and business plan from the beginning, Haymon pulled a fast one on these investors.

You know damn well he has no plans of seeing this plan succeed, for fck sakes he's spending millions to televise a Elislandry Lara fight on ESPN. Just throwng the $ away.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    The PBC has established itself as such a **** brand. Even their better fights like Quillin/Jacobs are going to Showtime.
                    Imagine being an investor and seeing Quillin/Jacobs on Showtime....

Thanks Al...

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                      Bruh...look at the top holdings of one of the funds:
                      Top 10 Equity Holdings
                      (as a % of net assets as of 9/30/2015)
                      SABMiller plc
                      2.39%
                      AIA Group Ltd.
                      2.31%
                      Citigroup, Inc.
                      2.26%
                      Phillips 66
                      2.25%
                      Coca-Cola Co. (The)
                      2.13%
                      Home Depot, Inc. (The)
                      2.10%
                      Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp., Class A
                      2.10%
                      Kraft Foods Group, Inc. 1.99%
                      Microsoft Corp.
                      1.97%
                      Adobe Systems, Inc.

PBC ain't even 1% of the portfolio. It's like a pimple in an elephants ass to these guys.
                      So you saying they age not worried about losing 3million? Regardless they are not going to put more money into it if continues to lose.

Bottom line is if this fail then free boxing on network tv will never happen again. And that's not good.

Comment

Working...
                      X