Collapse
No announcement yet.

In a fair fight with an honest referee, Gennady Golovkin would KO Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a fair fight with an honest referee, Gennady Golovkin would KO Andre Ward

If the fight were in Oakland with a crooked home referee who would permit Andre Ward to use illegal tactics (hit while holding, use deliberate head butts, hit off the break and repeatedly clamp GGG's arm) I think Ward would win a decision, perhaps a TD after a cut from deliberate head butt.

But in a fair fight with an HONEST referee, matching SKILL against SKILL, I think Gennady Golovkin would knock out the bigger man Andre Ward.

Ward is a master in grappling-wrestling techniques... Ward is also fast-in fast-out and he thinks a lot... But I don't think that Ward really wants Golovkin right now -- in spite of what he's stating...

Comment

Bending the rules a bit will always be a part of boxing, even if Ward got warnings or deducted a point...I doubt that'd be enough for Golovkin to win. Ward has manhandled big '68s, I'm not sure Golovkin will cope well with Ward's strength, ability to close the distance fast; which he uses nice feints to do so and solid jab on the way in.

Comment

no way

and what do you mean by honest reffree?? give us an example, is Bayless honest enough? or war ref like Smoger or veteran scum like Cortez??

With what tactics exactly GGG gonna K.O Ward??
        Box with him?
        or Brawl with Ward, make it ironic to this stupid thread
        At the end of the day Ward will make the fight smooth enough for the refree and Rough enough to make GGG give-up. just like Holyfield did to Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          Bending the rules a bit will always be a part of boxing, even if Ward got warnings or deducted a point...I doubt that'd be enough for Golovkin to win. Ward has manhandled big '68s, I'm not sure Golovkin will cope well with Ward's strength, ability to close the distance fast; which he uses nice feints to do so and solid jab on the way in.
          Man looking at your user name and your user title i always wandering, are you Manga Fans??

Comment

Ward doesn't box anymore. He's practically retired.

Comment

How exactly would golovkin deal with ward's size? Ward is taller, heavier and maybe even stronger than golovkin. I like golovkin but you can't match him up with top super middleweights when he campaigns at middleweight.
              Ward is also very good at measuring distance and going in and out quickly. Golovkin hasn't faced an opponent like ward. Ward has handled everyone else in the super middleweight division.

That said though, ward's inactivity could change things up.

Comment

Agreed. Golovkin knocks Ward spark out.

Comment

people forget ward was put down by boone, he hurt him badly

Comment

Considering how GGG hasn't fought anyone near Ward's level yet, its kind of hard to determine what would happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X