No announcement yet.

There's no way Algieri won that fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no way Algieri won that fight

I thought Ruslan Provodnikov did enough to win especially with the 10-7 first round. Algieri may have won the fight if this were the amateurs with the pity pat punches, but this is professional boxing. Even looking at the faces, compare Algieri's face with Provo's. It was close but Ruslan deserved the win.

Originally posted by Pu·gi·list View Post
    I thought Ruslan Provodnikov did enough to win especially with the 10-7 first round. Algieri may have won the fight if this were the amateurs with the pity pat punches, but this is professional boxing. Even looking at the faces, compare Algieri's face with Provo's. It was close but Ruslan deserved the win.

Comment

The fight was close but Chris clearly out boxed him.

The damage to his face isn't what it seems to be. Provo landed that huge punch in round 1 which caused instant swelling, the rest of his face didn't look too bad.

I don't think I saw him get hurt any other time, Provo's pure power did send him off balance at times, but he didn't look hurt.

Comment

Boxing lesson.

Comment

Malignaggi vs Broner was closer than this fight, but Malignaggi got the loss even with more output. The justification was that "Malignaggi's punches were soft pitty pats". It should've been 114-112 Provo if anything.

However, congrats to Algieri on the biggest win of his career so far.
          Last edited by Pu·gi·list; 06-15-2014, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Yeah Provo didn't do anything to diminish himself. Just a bad match up for him... Maybe if he were fighting in Siberia on a welcome home card, he probably would have gotten the decision.

That said, Chris really showed some moxy in this fight, congrats.

Comment

Algieri may not have any power but he landed more punches than Ruslan. All Ruslan was doing was looking for a huge shot. He wasn't listening to Roach at all. Roach told him to throw uppercuts in the 11th and all Ruslan did was throw hooks the entire round. Ruslan landed shots that were much harder but they were few and far between.

Comment

Algieri just ran and threw powder puff punches, that's good enough for the home town hero to steal a decision.

Comment

Fight was close and could have gone either way.. I had it 114-112 ruslan, but have no issues with algieri winning.. It was close and algieri dominated the 2nd half of the fight..

Comment

Originally posted by Pu·gi·list View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X