No announcement yet.

Drunk Lang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ROYistheGOAT View Post
    Yea but we just need to win each series from here on out.95 wins is my goal for the team, if we reach that we will most likely win the division.
    I want to win the division itself, I have no confidence in the wild card one-game playoff, it's too random for my liking. The seven games with Texas will likely determine everything, but trying to catch the Rangers every game counts at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miburo View Post
      I want to win the division itself, I have no confidence in the wild card one-game playoff, it's too random for my liking. The seven games with Texas will likely determine everything, but trying to catch the Rangers every game counts at this point.
      Yea i was telling my dad the other day when i saw him, we need to go 5-2 against the rangers during the seven games. That one game playoff is a ***** to us this year if we dont win the division. The system truly is horrible imo, because a team could be 94-68 and lose a fluke game to a 84-78 team.

Comment

Yea i was telling my dad the other day when i saw him, we need to go 5-2 against the rangers during the seven games. That one game playoff is a ***** to us this year if we dont win the division. The system truly is horrible imo, because a team could be 94-68 and lose a fluke game to a 84-78 team.
        This is a particularly bad season for it, because the team with the second best record in the league will potentially be relegated to a toss up game, followed by a series at disadvantage due to having to spend an ace's start just to get there.

Comment

This is a particularly bad season for it, because the team with the second best record in the league will potentially be relegated to a toss up game, followed by a series at disadvantage due to having to spend an ace's start just to get there.
          The a's wouldn't be at a disadvantage though since we don't have a true ace, if we win, we would easily win the next series.

Comment

The a's wouldn't be at a disadvantage though since we don't have a true ace, if we win, we would easily win the next series.
            No, but there's a definite tier of starters, and in a 5 game series he might not get to pitch again.

Comment

No, but there's a definite tier of starters, and in a 5 game series he might not get to pitch again.
              I disagree with your assessment. I believe the a's are five deep when it comes to pitching, there really isn't much difference between one and five. This is a world series winning pitching staff, people will realize how great it is next year when we win 105 games.

Comment

• Just poured a quadruple vodka and sprite.... Only need one, yeah.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                  Just poured a quadruple vodka and sprite.... Only need one, yeah.
                  No, drink as much as you can, is my motto. Sometimes you drink more than you realize.

Comment

I disagree with your assessment. I believe the a's are five deep when it comes to pitching, there really isn't much difference between one and five. This is a world series winning pitching staff, people will realize how great it is next year when we win 105 games.
                    The staff overall is great, but I'd much rather have a Brett Anderson on the mound for Game 1 than a rookie.

Comment

The staff overall is great, but I'd much rather have a Brett Anderson on the mound for Game 1 than a rookie.
                      I agree but brett is coming back from tommy john surgery. Plus if it's at home i would trust millone more than anything since he has been amazing at home especially for a rookie.

Comment

Working...
                      X