Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Arum, De La Hoya Don’t Care About Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its to bad Mayweather still has his bush league promotional outfit, i had imagined a clean break from the sport, essentially this turds lonely spiral down the toilet bowl. Its bad enough we have to see him courtside at basketball games dressed like a 10 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
      Can't disagree more. Lucas "lost the heat" while vying for a title. He was doing exactly right by his fighter for getting him that fight (which he was a favorite in, not like he was a no hoper in that fight.) You can make more of an arguement that he hurt Lemieux's career but he also gave a guy a $2m payday who had probably never seen north of 500k. I don't think Oscar has done one "bad thing" to his fighters this year.
      Are you honestly interested in watching Lucas Matthysse fight again? Golden Boy made a bet, and the bet came up bust.

And don't be foolish; David Lemieux was largely built into a license to print money in Montreal (not really putting much weight in the source, but http://celebrityglory.com/david-lemi...t-worth-boxer/ ). Between the sponsorships, the live draw in Montreal, Canadian TV money, etc, I have no doubt that Lemieux has been making significantly more money than that for his fights before Oscar was even at the table.

Rather than do the logical thing (new Canadian world champion, string together a few title defenses in front of said fighter's home audience, maximizing the Canadian money and taking whatever US money that would come, etc), Oscar De La Hoya sacrificed his new world champion (in his first actual fight for Golden Boy, no less) and is now looking to do... what? Lets not forget, Lemieux only even got the initial IBF opportunity because at least 6 other fighters passed up on taking the title shot.

What does Oscar do now with Lemieux, especially after getting TKO'd in his first title defense?

Comment

Originally posted by spanishboxing View Post
        Exactly. .it's not like Canelo ain't getting pay ..plus I'm more concerned with elite fighters fighting cab/bus drivers..I'm concerned about those drivers health too...example. .Garcia vs SALKA. .da driver almost got kill..Floyd saying those guys health don't matter..only name fighters health is an issue.
        ... but look where Salka is now: he's almost an ATG, doe! ... he's part of the boxing mythology already... Philly rulz...

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
          Floyd is being a hypocrite this is a guy that was pretty much abusing his fighters in his gym, no wonder most TMT guys have crappy chins.
          Does anyone really think Floyd cares about his fighters? He is just trying to take a shot at DLH.

This is boxing and the best should always fight the best, at the end of the day someone is getting brain damage like Zerafa and Salka, so at least make it an intriguing fight.
          Gym wars are going to be gym wars, whether they happen in Floyd's gym, the old Kronk Gym, or any other boxing gym in the world.

Floyd's issue seems to simply focus in on how fighters are handled by certain promoters (TR, GB) for actual fights. Floyd, through the pro fights that he puts his guys in, seems to match his guys tough, but is fully ready to slow things down/stay at a level for the guys who run into rough patches.

Simply look at the work that he did with Badou Jack. Picked him up in 2012, increased the competition level of his opponents to the Periban fight (fringe world level), kept him at about that level to the Edwards fight, took a step down for the next two fights, rolled the dice at world level in the Dirrell fight, with Jack likely to fight at that level for however long he can still compete.

A similar thing is likely to happen with Chris Pearson (stumbled at just about where he would've been moved up to facing quality prospects/solid but faded veterans), and is currently being worked through with J'Leon Love, Ronald Gavril, and others under his banner.

Floyd seems to view Miguel Cotto in high esteem; in his own mind, the idea that Canelo would fight Cotto and then be thrown into a fight with this supposed monster Golovkin is messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by spanishboxing View Post
            Exactly. .it's not like Canelo ain't getting pay ..plus I'm more concerned with elite fighters fighting cab/bus drivers..I'm concerned about those drivers health too...example. .Garcia vs SALKA. .da driver almost got kill..Floyd saying those guys health don't matter..only name fighters health is an issue.
            Rod Salka took the Garcia opportunity, regardless of how you feel about the fight, and did what he was supposed to do off of it; run on Danny Garcia's name after it was clear that he was out of his weight class.

Salka's next fight, this time at 135, was picked up by beIN Sports and streamed online (doubt that either would've happened sans the Garcia fight), which was then followed by Salka headlining his hometown show off of TV, at his fight weight of 130.

Though already 32, Salka opens 2016 as a fringe contender at super featherweight, on a two-fight winning streak, with some name ID; some young guy, or a vet on the way down, is going to need to pick off a sorta name, and Salka would fit that slot, though likely with more actual ability.

Comment

Mayweather has left the sport and he's not even talked about....a new era is upon us with the likes of golovkin,Joshua,canelo,spence,kovalev and this fool who has chosen to manipulate the sport and stack the cards in his favour and to add insult to injury he chose berto as his farewell fight says it all really....and he's talking about canelo being rushed into facing golovkin....golovkin has been mandatory for 2 years now and his time is well served for a shot a the WBC title it's bad enough canelo is trying to avoid a 160 mandatory and try to get a catchweight....the promoters build the fighters up all the way through there career...get them up the ranks onto bigger arenas and then next thing you know there fighting on t.v and f your that special you go on to world title level....95 percent of the worlds population work for a pay master or a company...boxing is no different .....we're gonna see canelo vs golovkin, kovalev vs ward ,frampton vs quigg next year and each of them has a promoter and that's good enough for me ....mayweather f@ck off back down that hole where you crawled out from .....your time is done

Comment

Money May I'm a fan of your as a fighter. Your a all time great, and the greatest of your generation by far.

But right now you need to concentrate on building your stable of fighters and not worry about what Oscar and Bob doing. You come off as salty and bitter because those 2 promotional companies are still alive and thriving.

Top Rank and Golden Boy both have the next generation talent that fans want to see and they aren't going away any time soon.

For sure I know your salty against Oscar and Golden Boy Promotions. You thought, just as many others did that after Al Haymon took all that talent that Oscar and Golden Boy would die a slow death and disappear. But guess what the opposite happened. They made fights fans wanted to see of there headline talent while Lucas and David came up short against (Postol and GGG) they made up for it with wins by Canelo, Vargas, and Ortiz. Remember also those were title fights so there is no shame in losing those fights. Both guys will be back in 2016 to make a statement.

No one is talking about anyone from the TMT Team and I know your not used to that. The main way these days we hear anything coming from TMT is through interviews and it's most of the time aimed at Oscar. So Money May continue building your roster and hopefully in 2016 we can start talking more about your talent that's under your umbrella.

Comment

Messages like this is why people can't take TBE seriously, he comes across stupid with what he said here.

Comment

Floyd and the other Mayweathers need to stfu. I am seriously tired of them always spouting off with their bs agenda. The sad part is that people will actually believe something just because they said it (i.e. the bs claim that Thurman was ducking Stuttering Spence).

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
                      Called Slander doe.

Arum is smarter and not illiterate and might take you to court taking 200 mil from you, how bout dat?
                      Defamation of character is defined as saying something as true that you know to be false. In Floyds opinion top rank and gbp don't care about fighters in their stable. How would arum or oscar prove or disprove floyds opinion? ????? Arum nor oscar would have a case let alone get a 200 million dollar judgment.

Comment

Working...
                      X