No announcement yet.

Wilder's resume, seen in a fair light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    Besides Wlad and Povetkin every other HW pales in compression.
    Right about Wlad but Povetkin got a gift against Huck. Knocks out Perez and he is the king of the world and everybody forgets the Huck fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      Only skimmed as mostly predictable nonsense but the bit about Arreola being robbed against Adamek jumped out at me.
      A slightly deeper skim would have revealed that Stiverne was a top 3 HW.

Comment

I don't know who told these young guys in boxing that once you win a big fight and become champion, you can then go back to taking on weak opponents, that is a fuking LIE. Once you step up and become champion it gets HARDER not Easier!

I gave him a pass for Molina, OK no problem take a easy fight in your home town, first title defense no problem. But when you come back with a weaker opponent that insulted boxing fans and right now they're on the attack and rightfully so! Why not fight Shannon Briggs or Mansour? While they're not highly rated either I think most fans would have been OK with those match ups instead of this guy he is fighting on Saturday.

News flash to younger fights, once you step up...THERE IS NO GOING BACK! So if you're not ready then don't fight for a damn Championship so early and then expect fans to "Wait For You To Get Better" before you step up again that is what Wilder and Leo Santa Cruz did and the fans let them hear about it.

The GGG resume comparison don't work and it is a awful comparison. GGG wants to fight the best but the best don't want to fight him at Middleweight. Guys want to fight Wilder because they don't think he is that good. Povetkin, Haye, Joshua, Briggs, Mansour, David Price (before losing again) it is plenty of Heavyweights who said they would fight him.
        Last edited by sicko; 09-23-2015, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          I don't know who told these young guys in boxing that once you win a big fight and become champion, you can then go back to taking on weak opponents, that is a fuking LIE. Once you step up and become champion it gets HARDER not Easier!

I gave him a pass for Molina, OK no problem take a easy fight in your home town, first title defense no problem. But when you come back with a weaker opponent that insulted boxing fans and right now they're on the attack and rightfully so! Why not fight Shannon Briggs or Mansour? While they're not highly rated either I think most fans would have been OK with those match ups instead of this guy he is fighting on Saturday.

News flash to younger fights, once you step up...THERE IS NO GOING BACK! So if you're not ready then don't fight for a damn Championship so early and then expect fans to "Wait For You To Get Better" before you step up again that is what Wilder and Leo Santa Cruz did and the fans let them hear about it.

The GGG resume comparison don't work and it is a awful comparison. GGG wants to fight the best but the best don't want to fight him at Middleweight. Guys want to fight Wilder because they don't think he is that good. Povetkin, Haye, Joshua, Briggs, Mansour, David Price (before losing again) it is plenty of Heavyweights who said they would fight him.
          Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            What an idiotic post. Golovkin and Wilder have both defeated the same number of world champs, 2. Stiverne was a current champ and a top 3 heavyweight. Liakhovich was shot. Geale was past his best. Ouma was shot.

Golovkin is a coward.

THIS.

Finally someone realistically evaluating Golovkin's resume.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post

THIS.

Finally someone realistically evaluating Golovkin's resume.
              Not even close. First off, this is Pigeon. A straight up anti-GGG fan/troll.

Secondly: How many fighters of Wilder's were ever top 10 at the time of their fight? 2? Stiverne who is overrated, Malik who honestly looked like he took a dive? I've seen Malik take more hard shots than that, by far. That was definitely a dive.

Besides fighting Lemieux for another belt (obviously another top 10 fighter), Martin Murray, Geale, Rubio, Stevens, Monroe Jr. were all ranked top 10. Murray would have been rated #1 if he wasn't robbed by Sergio Martinez, and you all know this. Plus a controversial draw against Sturm?

Macklin, Nobuhiro, Osumanu were all top 15.

Wilder's resume does not even compare. He's fought so many guys way beyond the top 30. Sad part is, heavyweight is by far a lesser competitive division than the current middleweight division.
              Last edited by UNBIASED BOXING; 09-23-2015, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                I couldnt remember if those guys were top 10 when he fought them, which is why I said 'clear top 10'. Looking at their records in the few years leading up to fighting GGG only Stevens has any argument and he is very borderline.
                I checked them on Ring, tbrb, espn and boxrec by using waybackmachine @ https://archive.org/web/. So yeah those 3 I mentioned were "clear" top 10, u can look for yourself

Comment

Imagine if Golovkin was black and Wilder was white. People would be hating on Golovkin and loving Wilder instead. Honestly, which win on Golovkin's record in on par with a win against Stiverne? That's right, none. Golovkin's two best wins, Geale and Murray, are not even a lot better than Malik Scott, Wilder's second best win. People who say that Scott took a dive just don't understand the damage that the left hook to Scott's temple did before the right merely pushed him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Morocco View Post
                    Imagine if Golovkin was black and Wilder was white. People would be hating on Golovkin and loving Wilder instead. Honestly, which win on Golovkin's record in on par with a win against Stiverne? That's right, none. Golovkin's two best wins, Geale and Murray, are not even a lot better than Malik Scott, Wilder's second best win. People who say that Scott took a dive just don't understand the damage that the left hook to Scott's temple did before the right merely pushed him down.
                    Na, if Wilder was the truth, people would love him almost universally (he'd be a likable charasmatic version of Mike Tyson)- he's a KO machine ffs. Or even if he took a few losses fighting high level fighters he'd still be loved. Unfortunately he's a bit manufactured and properly untested, just like how Canelo was hated (and still is a bit). And is also unwilling to unify against Wlad, who I think he'd have a fair chance against.

To compare Wilder to Golovkin who is giving any middleweight a shot at his titles and has actively trying to unify since day one, is a bit weak. If anything he'd have more fans if he was black as he might appeal more globally. He's a wrecking ball in the middleweight division who can actually box, who couldn't love that.

Comment

Working...
                    X