Comments Thread For: Photos: Pacquiao, Marquez Ripped and Ready at Weighin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao.. by KO!

Comment

Tune in tomorrow night for a professional re-enactment of Pacquiao-Marquez III!

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
        Is Floyd paying you to defend him 24/7 on internet forums? Give it a rest bro, watch boxing as a whole, not just one fighter.
        My man, you don't know me, you don't know what fighters I watch. I guarantee you, you do not want to talk boxing with me, you aren't ready for that type of public embarrassment. But as far as defending Mayweather, I just think it's odd for an army of grown ass men, to get off work, go home on the internet and bash another grown man that doesn't even know of their existence. That **** is weird, every time I want to read an article, I gotta look at 40 grown men with Floyd's diick in their mouths. You guy's are sus as hell man smh.

Comment

Originally posted by amayseng View Post
          that dudes name should be "j the racist"

dude hates white people and and loves him some floyd....

its quite disgusting really...
          How am I racist???? Because we have opposing views on fighters? lmao, you're pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by freudianslip View Post
            Juan Manuel looks ridiculously ripped. Huge arms he's got there. Pacquiao despite weighing more looks smaller. Never thought much about muscle translating into a great performance but either way I think it'll be a good fight.

He looks smaller because a lot more of his weight is downatairs in his legs. He is more balanced. JMM, has skinny legs like a lot of boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by FloydvsPac View Post
              I got no problem with someone saying they are BOTH on juice OR that they are BOTH clean. But for any fan to say that his guy is clean and the other guy is dirty is hypocritical.

But to be fair, JMM is more suspect because of Memo Heredia and JMM's age. Those are clear and unquestionable red flags. Too many posters on here have been giving Memo a pass because he's open to testing. Just because Memo offered to take any test shouldn't automatically exonerate him since he's basically thee man on supplying PEDS that beat all the tests.

So why isn't the fact that Pac turned down the drug testing a red flag? Or the fact that Roach has had more than one fighter that he trained that were on PED's (at least one that he knew about)? JMM age being a red flag is just nonsense. He has possibly gained 6-8 lbs of muscle. This is nothing special for a 39 year old man. Even if you are a trained athlete, if you go from training one way, to totally different program(especially one designed to gain lean mass), the body responds by growing. Whether you are 39, 49,59, 69, 79, or 89, you can gain muscle. I don't know where this crazy myth came from that you can't gain muscle in your 40's. The following study shows everyone that people spewing this stuff is don't have any idea what they are talking about.

http://www.ergo-log.com/agetraining.html

At 40 you react (almost) as well to strength training as when you were 18

Young men and women aged 18-19 build up muscle strength in the gym a little faster than older men and women. The difference is statistically significant but so small that you hardly notice it. Researchers at the University of Central Florida reach this conclusion in the Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research.

Their research represents the biggest study on age and the effectiveness of strength training ever published. The researchers studied about 600 men and women aged between 18 and 39. Some studies say that people who don’t train are at their strongest at the age of 40, they maintain their strength between 40 and 50, and then start to lose it. According to other studies, the decline in untrained muscle strength starts somewhere after 30. Little research has been done on age and the effect of strength training, although it is known that the over 60s respond less well to strength training than young people do.

The researchers wanted to know more about the age aspects of training effectiveness. So they got their test subjects to train their arms for 12 weeks. The subjects went to a gym twice a week where they did exercises like the preacher-curl, the overhead-triceps-extension, the concentration-curl, the triceps-kickback and the standing curl. They did 3 sets of each exercise, and rested 2 minutes between sets.

The researchers gradually increased the weight. In week 1-4 the subjects trained using weights they could lift a maximum of 12 times; in week 5-8 they worked with weights they could manage 8 reps with; and in week 9-12 they used weights they could just lift 6 times.

At the start of the experiment there were no noticeable differences between the subjects’ biceps, although the biceps of the older subjects were slightly bigger.

By the end of the 12 weeks the biceps of all subjects had become larger and stronger. The younger the subject, the greater the increase in strength [the 1RM].

For all other aspects, the effect of the power training was similar for all age groups. For example, the researchers also determined the effect on the isometric maximal voluntary contraction, another aspect of muscle strength. They discovered that for this variable all age groups had made the same progress.

The effect is small and people in their thirties should not let it put them off training, the researchers stress in their conclusion. "The size of this effect is very small in comparison with the enduring ability of skeletal muscle to adapt to resistance", they write. "The muscle size and strength response to resistance training is not influenced by age in any practical manner through the fourth decade of life."

J Strength Cond Res. 2009 Oct; 23(7):1915-20.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                    Mayweather fans are far and away the most racist fans on this site. 95% of them are complete and utter twats.
                    95% of your posts are full of ****.

The other 5% are full of Pacquiao's semen.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                      wtf

Comment

Working...
                      X