No announcement yet.

The NRL Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocks! View Post
    Are Inglis & Hayne really better big-game players than Marshall?

The Tigers lose alot of creativity if Marshall is out injured but the Storm really didn't lose much when Inglis was out. I'd say Marshall had a greater impact on his squad's performance, than say Inglis' overall impact. Storms' had quality in depth and maybe it was really the team as a whole (Israel, Smith, Slater, Cronk etc etc) that made him look like a better big game player.
    Also, I never said they were. I said that Inglis was. And yes, he is.

Comment

I wasn't taking a shot at you, just posing some questions. I agree with you on most points, most of all that Hayne & Inglis are a greater consistent commodity than Marshall.

It's arguable that Marshall is a better big game player, but we're splitting hairs here, and there is no definite way to prove it, so I won't press it further.

Personally, I believe Inglis is the best in the world, followed closely by Hayne & Cameron Smith.

BTW, what do you fellas think are Souths chances of finishing in the Top 8 this year?

Comment

Not sure on Souths. Obviously they should make the 8, but I don't think its a certainty. Don't love their halves and their pack has some weaknesses. Obviously there are some good players there but I don't think they have a great side.

Comment

If Souths don't make the 8 this year they should throw in the towel.

Comment

Why was Ivan Henjack sacked as coach of the Broncos?

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
              Why was Ivan Henjack sacked as coach of the Broncos?
              They are trying to keep tight lipped about it but the word is that it comes down to a breakdown in his relationship with the senior players. I'm glad he is gone. Our defensive structures were always terrible under Ivan and Griffin has far better coaching credentials. And the players don't hate him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
                They are trying to keep tight lipped about it but the word is that it comes down to a breakdown in his relationship with the senior players. I'm glad he is gone. Our defensive structures were always terrible under Ivan and Griffin has far better coaching credentials. And the players don't hate him.
                I see.

Apparently Wayne Bennett is going to come back and coach the Broncos again, which is good in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
                  I see.

Apparently Wayne Bennett is going to come back and coach the Broncos again, which is good in my opinion.
                  Yeah apparently that is what they are angling for.

Comment

Benji Marshall charged with assault

New Zealand captain Benji Marshall has been charged with assault.

Marshall's manager Martin Tauber claimed the Wests Tigers stand-off was racially abused before he allegedly punched a 24-year-old man outside a Sydney fast-food restaurant.

While his club confirmed that Marshall has been charged with one count of assault, National Rugby League chief executive David Gallop asked for an "urgent report" from the Tigers to be delivered by middayon Monday in relation to the incident.

"We can't escape the fact that the game does not need to be dealing with an issue such as this at such an important time of year," Gallop said.

"The responsibility all players face at this time of year is clear and to some extent the level of responsibility rises with a player's profile, irrespective of his record."

The incident comes just three days after Marshall, who inspired the Kiwis to victory in the 2010 Four Nations Series, declared he "wants to be the player that kids want to be when they grow up".

News of Marshall's involvement in the alleged assault is another major blow on the eve of the new NRL season.

It comes just a week after the 2010 Dally M player-of-the-year Todd Carney was charged with drink driving.

The Australian game has also been rocked by further developments in the betting scandal involving former Hull KR and Widnes prop Ryan Tandy.

Comment

Being made the face of the NRL seems to be a curse.

Comment

Working...
                      X