Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man when will GGG face a live body? His resume sucks for a "number one contender"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's people like the OP that make the human race the laughing stock of the universe. It's because of people like you that aliens just roam around the atmosphere and go back into space seconds after.

What part of all the top names are ducking him so he has to fight whoever is willing to don't you understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
      Quillin might be a joke but if they fought tomorrow he would be the toughest competition up to this point. How sad is that? But seriously I think GGG's team has to put the screws to HBO. GGG has put up the numbers on HBO to prove that. HBO needs to put up enough money so that the top contenders/champions can't duck him. GGG should be making more money than anybody on HBO not named Pacquiao or Cotto.
      Yeah but at the same time you don't want to overpay opponents either, that isn't good business. No point in handing million dollar paydays to the likes of Quillin when he's not bringing in a huge number of viewers and boxing fans feel he hasn't even earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanly Ketchel View Post
        Ward still waiting for him to "make his name"
        I'm not talking about Ward. If GGG is serious about cleaning out 160 his team needs HBO to pay big money. So the top guys can't duck him if that's what they believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Yeah but at the same time you don't want to overpay opponents either, that isn't good business. No point in handing million dollar paydays to the likes of Quillin when he's not bringing in a huge number of viewers and boxing fans feel he hasn't even earned it.
          It doesn't have to be millions. They should be able to land anybody not named Cotto or Martinez for 800,000. If you fight Quillin in Brooklyn that might warrant a little more money for Quillin. Stevenson got like 300. 800 seems like a fair offer to any of those other guys. Passing on that would be a clear duck in my opinion. And I'm one of those guys that believes the top fighters aren't ducking GGG. I just think GGG's team hasn't yet made a great enough offer to any real MW of note.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
            It's people like the OP that make the human race the laughing stock of the universe. It's because of people like you that aliens just roam around the atmosphere and go back into space seconds after.

What part of all the top names are ducking him so he has to fight whoever is willing to don't you understand?

Comment

It doesn't have to be millions. They should be able to land anybody not named Cotto or Martinez for 800,000. If you fight Quillin in Brooklyn that might warrant a little more money for Quillin. Stevenson got like 300. 800 seems like a fair offer to any of those other guys. Passing on that would be a clear duck in my opinion. And I'm one of those guys that believes the top fighters aren't ducking GGG. I just think GGG's team hasn't yet made a great enough offer to any real MW of note.
              Agreed...I dont think fighters are ducking him just politics...with his following and ko ratio he would have had bigger fights by now if he was with a more influential(richer) management and promoters

He is a good fighter

Far to dangerous to fight for peanuts, its called prize fighting for a reason

Winky weight, paul williams, vernon forrest were in his situation until they finally got their big breaks...all risk low reward

Why fight ggg when you can fight other guys just as good or better for waaaay more profit?

Comment

i pity the fool who does not yet understand the implications of ggg's presence in boxing right now. i guess we will just have to wait for the future to do its talking.

Comment

Quillin might be a joke but if they fought tomorrow he would be the toughest competition up to this point. How sad is that? But seriously I think GGG's team has to put the screws to HBO. GGG has put up the numbers on HBO to prove that. HBO needs to put up enough money so that the top contenders/champions can't duck him. GGG should be making more money than anybody on HBO not named Pacquiao or Cotto.
                  Lol, not even. THe only reason he'd be perceived as tougher is because he'll have a belt

Comment

He fights the best fighters who are not afraid to fight and he has knocked out several middleweights rated in the top 10 in the world. His next fight is with Geale who is ranked number 3 in the world so quit your *****ing. He was ready willing and able to fight big tough Chavez but the Chavez side canceled. GGG will fight any middleweight in the world and he will beat all of them. Do your damn research before you trash an excellent and fearless fighter because GGG doesn't deserve your uninformed and incorrect criticism. What you should be complaining about is Martinez fighting Cotto who lost 2 of his last 3 fights at 154 instead of fighting GGG who has been his number one challenger for two years.

Comment

You are right about some people anointing him as the true middleweight champion. I have seen all the top middleweights fight and I believe he is by far the best and he will fight any middleweight alive. There is nothing stopping lineal middleweight champ Martinez from fighting GGG except fear of losing. I am confident that whoever wins the Cotto-Martinez fight will continue to play keep the lineal title away from GGG. To me GGG is the real middleweight champion of the world until another middleweight beats him and none of them can do that and few dare to try.

Comment

Working...
                      X