Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jmm an ATG..and if so where do you rank him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Jmm an ATG..and if so where do you rank him?

Post and discuss

I never liked the term ATG. Your either great or you suck to me. Boxing has too much history and too many great fighters to say one fighter is this and another fighter is that. JMM is great in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
      I never liked the term ATG. Your either great or you suck to me. Boxing has too much history and too many great fighters to say one fighter is this and another fighter is that. JMM is great in my book.
      Word. I really hate getting technical and ranking ATGs and stuff. But if you were to ask me if JMM belongs on the ATG list I'd say definitely.

Comment

Top 100 fighters yes. He's been there for awhile

Comment

JMM vs Jaun Diaz is still my favorite JMM fight. The way JMM took several of Diaz left hooks and came back to stop him. They way Manny Stewart and Jim Lampley were slurping Diaz leading up to the fight, and through the first 6 rounds, you wouldve thought Diaz was the ATG.

Comment

Yes he is an all time great. I can't tell you where I rank him because I have never ranked all the all time greats in order from 1 to 100.

Comment

one of my favorite fighters never thought he'd be the last man standing out of barrera,morales and pac though.

always viewed him as the last man in that group but he's emerged as number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                Well put, put numbers and ranking the greatest fighters seems very subjective, and always can be argued for and against so that ranking style is flawed. To say he is just a great fighter or not is more practical.

Comment

yeah, he's one spot above pacquiao.

Comment

JMM is to me, the greatest Mexican fighter of all time, I said that before he knocked Manny out...I obviously still stand by it. He's in the top 40 greatest fighters of all time to me, but I hate those rankings, I honestly think there's about 5-10 fighters that ever lived that are in a league of their own, the next 30 great fighters are all SPECIAL and amazing and there's not much to separate them.

I think Floyd, Roy Jones, Pernell Whitaker, Sugar Ray Robinson and Ali are the 5 fighters that to me stand on their own. If there's one of those fighters I'm hesitant to include in there its Ali and only because he didn't train like the rest and if he did he'd be an animal like you never seen before. These guys to me are masters, they are artists, they are special in every way, when you watch them and look at what they have accomplished you know your looking at something special. That by no means is me saying they are unbeatable or w/e but at their best these 5 are better than any fighters I've ever seen

Comment

Working...
                    X