No announcement yet.

Your top 10 favorite games/series of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your top 10 favorite games/series of all time

Think long and hard, you know the drill. Give a brief break down of why if you can.

My top 10 favorite video games/video game series of all time.

1.) Super Mario World - The first video game I ever really got into. Everything about it oozes nostalgia for me, and everytime I play it I feel like a 6 year old all over again from the very opening sequence.

2.) The Legend of Zelda : A Link to the Past - Epic on every level, another eternal favorite of mine that oozes nostalgia. Classic gameplay, exploration and a soundtrack by Koji Kondo that still makes me remember what it was like to cut down bushes for the very first time.

3.) Shenmue series - You either loved them or you hated them. I loved every moment I spent playing them. And it sucks **** I'll never get to finish it the way it was supposed to be.

4.) Metal Gear Solid series - One of the top 5 video game series of all time. You find so much action, story, and depth to these games that they piss on Hollywood's best IMO. Kojima is an artist in every sense of the word.

5.) Ico - What an amazingly original game this one was, so far ahead of it's time and it was recieved with little to no fanfare until it became a rare collectable. A collectable I'm honored to have in my collection.

6.) The Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind - Epic. Just an epic real time RPG that I spent many sleepless nights enjoying. I still remember lockpicking houses late at night, murdering the homeowners and taking all their loot to the next town to sell for spare gold and exploring the numerous hidden dungeons looking for that one last piece of armor to complete a set.

7.) Resident Evil 4 - Everything you could possibly want in an action game, tons of weapons, tons of enemies, tons of upgrades and unlockables.

8.) Super Mario RPG : Legend of the Seven Stars - Who would've ever thought an RPG with Mario would kick so much ass? 12 years later it's still as fun as it was when it debuted.

9.) Shadow of the Colossus - Another game made by the team that made ICO. Just play it if you already haven't.

10.) Super Metroid - Samus Aran, FTW.

Originally posted by mangler
    last new thing i got into was n64. As soon as i got old enuf to work i stopped likin video games. I still play my old ones tho, nes, snes, sega, n64.

Mario bros
    sonic the hedgehog
    mortal kombat
    streets of rage
    street fighter ii (super, turbo, etc)
    legend of zelda
    john madden football
    oh my god street of rage was sooooooo official

Comment

Originally posted by Dice View Post
      oh my god street of rage was sooooooo official
      Which one had the little black kid in it on roller skates with the backwards hat that looked like Urkel? I loved being that kid, you could jump on an enemy's shoulders and pound his head with your fists.

And that "Wolverine" looking boss dude in the swamp area?

SOR was the ****.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        Which one had the little black kid in it on roller skates with the backwards hat that looked like Urkel? I loved being that kid, you could jump on an enemy's shoulders and pound his head with your fists.

And that "Wolverine" looking boss dude in the swamp area?

SOR was the ****.
        THATS THE ONE!!! Omg I loved that game,I think it was part 2, with my dog Mr. X

Comment

Final Fantasty 7
          Doom
          Zelda
          Wolfenstien
          Call of Juarez
          Rainbow Six
          Fight Nights
          Wrestlemania (N64)
          Goldeneye
          Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat

Comment

dont forget the megaman series.

Comment

Originally posted by robjr View Post
              dont forget the megaman series.
              The originals were good but I think they hit their stride with X, X2, and X3. All of them were amazingly fun and addictive.

After X3 they kinda fell off a bit, but were still playable. But after X6 they got really ****ty IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                The originals were good but I think they hit their stride with X, X2, and X3. All of them were amazingly fun and addictive.

After X3 they kinda fell off a bit, but were still playable. But after X6 they got really ****ty IMO.
                I really enjoyed megaman legends and megaman legends 2 on ps1. great games, wish they would make a new one in that style for the current consoles.

Comment

in no order.

Max Payne 1 , 2
                  The Suffering 1, 2
                  Resident Evil (remake)
                  GTA san andreas
                  Super mario BROS
                  Super mario galaxy
                  Dino Crisis
                  Tekken 3
                  Sonic 1 on the master system
                  Resident evil 4 or 2

Comment

Originally posted by robjr View Post
                    I really enjoyed megaman legends and megaman legends 2 on ps1. great games, wish they would make a new one in that style for the current consoles.
                    I forgot all about legends, that **** was awesome. I'm going to go check amazon.

Comment

Working...
                    X