Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didnt Trinidad rematch De La Hoya or Joe C rematch Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
    Oscar outboxed Trinidad and won the fight, that's a fact.
    Oscar did outboxed Trinidad, But he didn't close the show, if he had we wouldn't be having this conversation. You see that is the gamble you make. I guess he coasted a little to much it is a gamble you make in boxing. That and had he try to bum rush Trinidad like he did Quartey in the last round of their fight, Oscar would've end up like Vargas. Out of couriosity, what do you think the outcome would have been if it was a 15th round fight?

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
      Oscar did outboxed Trinidad, But he didn't close the show, if he had we wouldn't be having this conversation. You see that is the gamble you make. I guess he coasted a little to much it is a gamble you make in boxing. That and had he try to bum rush Trinidad like he did Quartey in the last round of their fight, Oscar would've end up like Vargas. Out of couriosity, what do you think the outcome would have been if it was a 15th round fight?
      Close the show, my balls, boxing is not about close shows, dude.

He won clearly 7 or 8 rounds, all the boxing world knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        says the worst poster of the year 2016... you were top by a distance before mega shut it down
        That one doesn't count. Freedom won the real poll, which he made himself, by the way. LOL

Comment

You have to consider that Tito was promoted by Don King and Oscar was promoted by Arum and a rematch would not be an easy task as these two promoters rarely worked together.

Comment

I don't remember that much clamour for Calzaghe to rematch Hopkins, mainly because it was such a **** fight

I thought Hopkins won it though and Calzaghe's record will always be imperfect to my mind

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              I don't remember that much clamour for Calzaghe to rematch Hopkins, mainly because it was such a **** fight

I thought Hopkins won it though and Calzaghe's record will always be imperfect to my mind
              hopkins wanted it but no one else in the world did. calzaghe knew he lost. his own corner was telling him he needed a ko to win going into the 12th. then after the fight comes the "i dominated, kicked his ass" nonsense. you don't run into punches and miss for 3/4 of a fight and deserve to win because you are coming forward or because your opponent got winded late in the fight. that doesnt retroactively change the first 8 rounds that you lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
                I think with Trinidad it came down to the purse split and the weight.

Tito was ready to move up to 154, before Oscar, but he stayed there for him and he also had the smaller split for the first fight.

For the rematch Tito wanted the lion's share of the split and not to go back down to 147lbs. He felt entitled to that because he believed he desrved to win and technically won the first fight.
                Greent

It was purely purse split. Weight wasn't issue. Oscar didn't want to pay Trinidad for the rematch. Hell even 50/50 wasn't offered. Oscar offered same terms as first fight. Don King told Trinidad to hold out because it was inherently unfair. After a while it was evident that rematch wasn't happening so Trinidad moved on.
                Reality was that Oscar wasn't very interested. Certainly not st 154 or 160

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                  Oscar outboxed Trinidad and won the fight, that's a fact.
                  "In your dreams Pedro in your dreams"
                  Bound by honor circa 1992ish
                  Last edited by Don Pichardo; 01-05-2017, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe schooled Bernard Hopkins though.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post

Lmfao!!

Since when do you beat Joe Calzaghe by running and hugging for 12 rounds?
                      Joe CLEARLY won that fight take your damn blinkers off son.

Comment

Working...
                      X