Betting odds for some upcoming fights + speculated fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betting odds for some upcoming fights + speculated fights

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/boxing

Not a betting man but I always like to check the odds for big fights.

Here's a quick look at some of them:

Shafikov 4/6 favourite over Commey
    Lebedev 4/6 favourite over Gassiev
    Parker 1/4 favourite over Ruiz
    Charlo 4/6 favourite over JRock
    Cuellar 4/6 favourite over Mares
    Povetkin 1/8 favourite over Stiverne
    Pedraza 2/5 favourite over Davies
    Chunky 4/11 favourite over Jack
    Mikey 2/5 favourite over Zlaticanin
    Haye 1/7 favourite over Bellew
    Thurman 2/5 favourite over Danny

Odds for possible future fights:

Ward 4/6 favourite to beat Kova again (odds are closer this time tho)
    Brook 8/11 favourite over Khan
    Golovkin 1/4 favourite over Canelo
    Chocolatito 8/15 favourite over Inoue

I also remember Brook being a slight favourite over Spence when I checked a few weeks ago, but they've removed it now

I'm surprised by Thurman and Chunky being such clear favourites in their fights, I'd lean towards both of them to win, but I think the odds should be a lot closer.

Anyway, there's a whole bunch of other fights you can check out the odds for, look for yourself in the link I posted above!

how is shafikov favourite?

Ill take Gassiev and J rock as the underdogs

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      how is shafikov favourite?

Ill take Gassiev and J rock as the underdogs
      Shafikov is an absolute volume machine, he doesn't stop throwing for 12 rounds and has a good chance of winning any fight that goes the distance because of that, especially against a guy like Commey who gets hit a lot. I like what I saw of Commey in the Easter fight though, so I slightly favour him, but it's an even fight.

I got JRock as well, not sure about Gassiev, I think Lebedev beats him

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
        http://www.paddypower.com/bet/boxing

Not a betting man but I always like to check the odds for big fights.

Here's a quick look at some of them:

Shafikov 4/6 favourite over Commey
        Lebedev 4/6 favourite over Gassiev
        Parker 1/4 favourite over Ruiz
        Charlo 4/6 favourite over JRock
        Cuellar 4/6 favourite over Mares
        Povetkin 1/8 favourite over Stiverne
        Pedraza 2/5 favourite over Davies
        Chunky 4/11 favourite over Jack
        Mikey 2/5 favourite over Zlaticanin
        Haye 1/7 favourite over Bellew
        Thurman 2/5 favourite over Danny

Odds for possible future fights:

Ward 4/6 favourite to beat Kova again (odds are closer this time tho)
        Brook 8/11 favourite over Khan
        Golovkin 1/4 favourite over Canelo
        Chocolatito 8/15 favourite over Inoue

I also remember Brook being a slight favourite over Spence when I checked a few weeks ago, but they've removed it now

I'm surprised by Thurman and Chunky being such clear favourites in their fights, I'd lean towards both of them to win, but I think the odds should be a lot closer.

Anyway, there's a whole bunch of other fights you can check out the odds for, look for yourself in the link I posted above!
        agree with most of them odds. Degale is too heavy a favourite, i agree, although think he will win.I'd probably say thurmans not clear enough favourite if anything with the bookies, i give danny absolutely no chance in that fight and i picked him to beat matthysse before people say im a hater. Not surprised brooks favourite but i think i'd edge towards khan to pull it off and get the decision against him.

Comment

Badou is +225. Joe smith jr +215 I figured he'd be a bigger dog

Comment

I thought I saw someone say Bermane was -1000 vs Povetkin.

I think Murat as a dog is a buy buy buy in stock market terms so I hope you're right. I love his chances and to me that's a pretty 50/50 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              agree with most of them odds. Degale is too heavy a favourite, i agree, although think he will win.I'd probably say thurmans not clear enough favourite if anything with the bookies, i give danny absolutely no chance in that fight and i picked him to beat matthysse before people say im a hater. Not surprised brooks favourite but i think i'd edge towards khan to pull it off and get the decision against him.
              DeGale's engine is no good, if that fight goes the distance there's a fairly decent chance Jack could pull off a mini upset, he's got a good workrate and solid skills. He could outwork Chunky, it's a tough fight.

To give Danny absolutely no chance in ANY fight is crazy, guy has proven he's a survivor.

I think Brook knocks Amir out. He's way too sharp and accurate for Khan to go 12 with him. Even if it goes the distance, I would favour Kell.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                Badou is +225. Joe smith jr +215 I figured he'd be a bigger dog
                I was expecting BHop to be an even bigger favourite tbh, Smith can clearly punch but he's not very skilled at all, he loads up and telegraphs every punch, doesn't set anything up. He's a straight up and down guy, I can't see him having any success even against this grandad version of BHop

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                  DeGale's engine is no good, if that fight goes the distance there's a fairly decent chance Jack could pull off a mini upset, he's got a good workrate and solid skills. He could outwork Chunky, it's a tough fight.

To give Danny absolutely no chance in ANY fight is crazy, guy has proven he's a survivor.

I think Brook knocks Amir out. He's way too sharp and accurate for Khan to go 12 with him. Even if it goes the distance, I would favour Kell.
                  yeah no shock to me if jack wins, thats for sure. Im happy to stick my neck out on the garcia one, i give him no chance, 0 percent, cant visualise any scenario of him beating thurman. if he wins then thats me left with egg on my face. yeah, with any fight khan can get knocked out, i predict him with no certainty really, just can see him pulling it out of the bag, thought he was quite defensively responsible against canelo and im not sure brook can poleaxe him with one punch. I know i'd love to see that fight though and find out!!

Comment

I always wondered why this forum doesn't have a dedicated boxing thread. I bet on fights every week, would love to read other bettor's opinions and wagers. I think Denis Shafikov has value at -160 against Richard Commey even as a small favorite, especially in Moscow where the crowd and judges will surely be behind him. Murat Gassiev is also starting to look like an attractive bet as a +170 underdog against Denis Lebedev. The experience is against him but he has sick power and looked a lot bigger than Lebedev at a recent face off.

Comment

Working...
                    X