Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 things I hate about Android

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree about it being sluggish. i can see why apple doesn't use flash.

ios runs so much more smoothly for me.

Comment

These Android vs. iPhone threads are getting old. It's like the new religion lounge threads. Can we go back to talking about ****s and gun control? Never thought I'd say that....

Comment

1. Freezing/Force Close

Sure, Android tells you the program stopped working, as opposed to when an Apple program crashes, you don't even get a warning, or an explanation of what's going on, the app just closes, and you're at your home screen with for no reason, that's somehow better?

2. Terrible Keyboard

This is nothing more than an opinion, and a preference, both keyboards work pretty fine, it's just a matter of adapting.

3. Fragmentation

Each manufacturer takes Android and turns it into their own unique version. This makes the experience on each device different. The result? Fragmentation.

Uhhh, the result is OPTIONS.

And it's no different if you own a an iPhone 3gs... not all apps work on those either. It's the natural progression of all electronics, eventually software comes out that requires better hardware, this is the case on all platforms.

Comment

4. Accept/Reject Meetings

That's phone specific, which is great, because if that's something that's important to you, you have options to choose the best phone that works for your needs.

With Apple, what you get is what you get, and if it doesn't work with what you need, you're not getting an apple.

5. Poor UI
          I would often times have icons littered across my home screens.

Unlike Apple right?

Wut?

One could say that's my own fault and it may be so. Lets move on.

Lets

When you hit the “back” button, you would expect to go to the previous screen.

It does... everytime.

Comment

6. Memory Hogging Widgets

Part of the reason I think Android has poor UI is widgets. Widgets are like micro apps that run on the “desktop” of Android. These widgets are memory hogs and they add to Android's messy interface.

It's simple.... DON'T use them then.

The difference is Android gives you the OPTION. If you feel it hogs memory or battery life, then don't use them, but at least you have the option.

7. Awful Battery Life

Battery life is directly proportional to the amount of **** you are doing on your phone, as you stated you have widgets, then don't use them. Android gives you all kinds of options to run very efficiently, you just have to take advantage of them.

If you want a fast car, don't ***** when it uses more gas.

Android gives you the option to do more things, you don't HAVE too.... but if you do, don't complain when it requires juice to do them.

Comment

8. Feels Sluggish On Good Hardware

THat's because with Apple there's not much going on, everything is static... it doesn't even utilize real multitasking... with Android, if you have apps running in the background, they're really running in the background... with Apple, they're not... and get this, you don't even have the option.

With Android, there's settings to CLOSE an app on exit, or let it run... with Android they LET YOU choose. Apple doesn't.

Not too mention live, wallpapers, active widgets for news, weather, and social media.... Simple don't use them, you can make an Android run just as smooth and last just as long as an iPhone if you make the Android run just as limited.

Comment

9. Shady App Opt-ins

This I agree with. I haven't had many problems so far, but my gf does.

10. Illusion Of Being Open

Android never told it's audience you can do WHATEVER you want... but it certainly sells the idea that you can do 10x more, and that's true. Of course they're going to have to tie certain ends, and have SOME set of rules with their software, but there's not much I can't accomplish with the software the phone already comes with.

Ever try to have a custom ringtone on your iPhone...?

Yeah...

Comment

By the way.... my experience is coming from having an iPhone 4 for two years, and just switched to a Samsung Siii in the last two weeks.

By the way, this phone is smooth as glass.

Comment

Originally posted by DAVE TROTTER View Post
                    i agree about it being sluggish. i can see why apple doesn't use flash.

ios runs so much more smoothly for me.
                    Then just don't use flash on your Android

At least you have the option... if it lags your phone then don't use it.

Simple.

But if you wanted/needed too... the option is there.

Comment

Can't believe I waited so long to have this little green fucker in my life. No knock on Apple. Can't compare, since I never owned a Iphone. But I just basically jumped from a busted out Pinto, to a Ferrari 548 Italia when I got my new phone. Think I might stick around.

Little guy does WORK, son.

Comment

Working...
                      X