No announcement yet.

WOW Buffer had the scorecards and told khan he won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
    no. . . i agree with what bringer said; it wasn't a robbery because Peterson put up such a good fight. . . so it's not really fair to him.. .

but at the same time, it is completely legitimate to question outside factors such as judging and refereeing as biased; in that, the judges gave the close rounds to the hometown fighter who had the fans "cheering". . . i think khan clearly, but CLOSELY won the fight. . . i just can't find 6 rounds to give to peterson. . .

moreover, the chances that a ref would have docked khan points for pushing in a neutral venue are VERY SLIM. . . you heard what smoger said, probably the best in the business. . . i just don't tihnk it's fair when referees get involved in such close fights over such trivial "fouls". . technically it's a foul to clinch. . .

in conclusion, it wasn't a robbery, but khan was not given a fair shake. . .
    Here's where 99% of the silly arguments fail:

1. Either the referee called a foul that didn't exist
    2. The referee was wrong to enforce the rules of boxing
    3. The judges were wrong in calling the fight as they saw it

#1. Cannot be a valid complaint in this particular fight because the video clearly shows Khan pushing, elbowing and holding his opponents head down numerous times per round. All are infractions and rule violations in boxing.
    #2. Every referee is given the authority to enforce the rules of boxing per their discretion. If an infraction occurs numerous times during a fight then the referee is obligated to enforce the rules. Is an infraction occurred and the referee deducted a point for it, then he enforced the rules of boxing and no valid complaint can be lodged.
    #3. There are always three judges at every fight, to offer balance -- Because every judge is allowed to call the fight as they see it. This is an opinionated process and is allowed according to the rules of boxing. Therefore, neither Khan, nor anyone else can file an appeal, simply because their opinion of the fight differs from the judges.

Summary: Khan does not have a case for complaint or appeal.

Comment

Ohhh this thread again. So you Think its fair if they left the scorecards as they were giving khan 10-8in the seventh round despite the point deduction and him clearly losing? Then this would be an actual robbery instead of one person crying and unwilling to accept reality

Comment

Working...
      X