Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 good rounds of sparring, Got dropped for first time in life and kept it moving

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    he is 18

actually its this month, he has been gone to train in colorado at the olympic compound

Al Haymon, Shelly Finkel and other promo guys are trying to court him

he fights at '52...gonna turn pro @ 154...THE KID IS 6'2" ALREADY

he has some footage on youtube...i think their kinda old...when he was 16

this kid kicked Brad Solomon's ass in sparring when he was 17 and at the time ring magazine had Solomon top ten at 147....WTF...WHEN coach showed me the footage i been training there ever since lol
    Nice, i wish i can train where you train at lol

Comment

Yesterday was a great day, it was my son's birthday, and I got dropped for the first time. Whether boxing, sports, or street fight.

People on this site who have never boxed, thinks everyone who has been dropped, buzzed, etc has a glass jaw.

Its about timing, and distance. The shot that dropped me wasn't the hardest punch I ever took. I saw it coming, I tried to time his punch to land a counter but I let him get too close in my range

its a learning experience. I got up, dusted myself off and adapted my style....took his right hand way...his best punch

boxing is about adapting not rock em sock em robots

Andre Ward touched on this as well and so do so many other fighters...its not about getting knocked down, its about how you respond when you get up
      round 1

its around 1:26
      Thats whats up. Much respect for posting these.

Comment

Good stuff man, most people would have called it a day after the knock down, well composed.

Comment

Yesterday was a great day, it was my son's birthday, and I got dropped for the first time. Whether boxing, sports, or street fight.

People on this site who have never boxed, thinks everyone who has been dropped, buzzed, etc has a glass jaw.

Its about timing, and distance. The shot that dropped me wasn't the hardest punch I ever took. I saw it coming, I tried to time his punch to land a counter but I let him get too close in my range

its a learning experience. I got up, dusted myself off and adapted my style....took his right hand way...his best punch

boxing is about adapting not rock em sock em robots

Andre Ward touched on this as well and so do so many other fighters...its not about getting knocked down, its about how you respond when you get up
          round 1

its around 1:26
          In my past the same happened to me, I laughed like fool.

Winter is coming here in japan, my face & hands hurt as it gets colder.

Soon it my girl will stop asking me to open jars.

I love boxing, my grand father was a fighter, but perhaps the lingering damage to fighters needs to be investigated more?

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
            Thats whats up. Much respect for posting these.
            no problem bro...i dont mind sharing the experience...just a stop on my journey to my goal to becoming a great trainer...I may do 5-10 novice fights then focus on helping Coach J build our stable. Once i started seeing the guys put that work in, i had to get in the ring. I decided to get some fights in before i focus on training. Coach said and i believe it will help me in the long run

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              In my past the same happened to me, I laughed like fool.

Winter is coming here in japan, my face & hands hurt as it gets colder.

Soon it my girl will stop asking me to open jars.

I love boxing, my grand father was a fighter, but perhaps the lingering damage to fighters needs to be investigated more?
              definitely...i go home and wake up the next morning feeling like i went to war...all sore and banged up..i can only imagine what pros feel

thats why as a kid i never had aspirations to turn pro...seen too many good fighters, damaged and my two heros...Ali and Jones...people forget they are human

Comment

Originally posted by NYC8224 View Post
                Nice, i wish i can train where you train at lol
                keep searching bro...you'll find a home gym, its worth it

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Good stuff man, most people would have called it a day after the knock down, well composed.
                  thanks man, thats just how some people are wired...i was more surprised than hurt but i did have to shake off being shocked.

I wanted to see what i could do to avoid that shot and land the one i attempted when i got dropped...dialed in and made it happen...landed it a few times

Comment

keep searching bro...you'll find a home gym, its worth it
                    I hope so. Just dont want to be lead down the wrong road or be taken advantage of.

Comment

From what I could see your jab is too lazy and thrown from too far out your feet are very wide which is making it hard for you to fire and get out without being countered , tighten your game get closer and snap those jabs out .

Thanks for posting .

Comment

Working...
                      X