Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oscar challenges Floyd to promotional battle...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    What's happening in your sig mate and where's it from?
    The Upside-Down World

Mr. 50 Cent and Jean Pascal had invited the Champion Shumenov down to a new gym in Las Vegas. Mr. Pascal, I am told, did some slight indiscretion of manners towards Shumenov. No big deal! Unfortunately Pascal then decided, like a child on a playground, to measure up Champion Shumenov’s strength by a slight grab hold grappling measure. The sizeable and muscular Pascal found himself instantaneously twisted, cradled like a new born, and turned upside down.

Comment

It's high time that happened. Mayweather should not even have fought Maidana. He could have rematched Cotto at 160 then Pacquiao in May and beating Canelo again before retiring. I'm sure Mayweather already knew May was going to be tough and I think he has a deal in place to fight Pacquiao. He mentioned he had a surprise so Im sure he will fight Pacquiao and maybe rematch him. Pacquiao is also taking a safe bet in Algieri although I see that as a tricky fight.

Comment

I am confused, so he will challenge him with a Unlikely "Dream Card" this article or what ever you want to call it is Extremely Confusing and really doesn't make any sense.

LMFAO at GGG vs Ward being a Undercard Fight for Cotto vs Canelo...that will NEVER HAPPEN.

Oscar reaching with this one, but I like the idea of loading up a card

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
          Canelo is his with no Haymon ties and they'd wori with Bob for that. K2, I would think, would be open for the spot for more exposure.

It's possible IMO.... that is if Oscar pursues this
          Its not possible. Ward is with Goossen, GGG is with K2. Plus you have Cotto promotions, and doesnt Nelo have his own little promotions as well, so four promoters for one PPV. Ward vs GGG is a headline of Its own and both parties realize that. It just doesn't make sense for then to be on an undercard (which usually means less money than if they headlined).

Don't get me wrong, it would be freakin awesome card.

Comment

yea...good luck with that, Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
              The Upside-Down World

Mr. 50 Cent and Jean Pascal had invited the Champion Shumenov down to a new gym in Las Vegas. Mr. Pascal, I am told, did some slight indiscretion of manners towards Shumenov. No big deal! Unfortunately Pascal then decided, like a child on a playground, to measure up Champion Shumenov’s strength by a slight grab hold grappling measure. The sizeable and muscular Pascal found himself instantaneously twisted, cradled like a new born, and turned upside down.

Thanks for the update.

For some reason I thought that was Broner Shumenov had in his arms

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                Its not possible. Ward is with Goossen, GGG is with K2. Plus you have Cotto promotions, and doesnt Nelo have his own little promotions as well, so four promoters for one PPV. Ward vs GGG is a headline of Its own and both parties realize that. It just doesn't make sense for then to be on an undercard (which usually means less money than if they headlined).

Don't get me wrong, it would be freakin awesome card.
                The money part is why I don't see ward on there. I'm sure Loeffler is just happy to get the expoure and it gives him a good place for unification with Solimon who doesn't seem like he's gonna ight till next year with GGG.

Ithink he would step asde for Golovkin because it'd help their cause in the future.

I don't think Ward would be on that ever. Becue he still has legal problems and it doesn'tlook like it's going away and tehy wouldn't have enough to afford him to be on there.

The problem here is the undercard with Cotto and Canelo promotions....last time Cotto's undercard was crap because he wanted all the undercard slots

Comment

The only reason this card wouldn't happen is because of Ward. But everyone saying it wouldn't be possible are on crack, this card could very well be made but Ward is the issue. Firstly, GGG/Ward wouldn't sell **** on PPV and HBO would probably lose money on that card, neither guy is a solid draw yet. Has not watching Golden Boy on every Mayweather card not made him a huge star? The exposure of being the fight right before a big main event is far better than no one buying a PPV or even being on HBO. More casuals watch PPV fights than would watch a regular fight on HBO, the numbers prove this.

You can pull 1.4 million people watching, but 1.4 million people buying is at least 5 million eyeballs. I've never been to a PPV fight party that didn't have at least 4 people there, this isn't counting bars, closed circut or any of that stuff. Ward is probably too proud and it isn't "god's plan" so he'll be a ****ing idiot and turn it down. This is a card that should be made, and unless Floyd fights Manny (which is not happening) this card would squash anything Floyd did.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Thanks for the update.

For some reason I thought that was Broner Shumenov had in his arms
                    I thought it was broner too when I stumbled across the imagine haha

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                      The money part is why I don't see ward on there. I'm sure Loeffler is just happy to get the expoure and it gives him a good place for unification with Solimon who doesn't seem like he's gonna ight till next year with GGG.

Ithink he would step asde for Golovkin because it'd help their cause in the future.

I don't think Ward would be on that ever. Becue he still has legal problems and it doesn'tlook like it's going away and tehy wouldn't have enough to afford him to be on there.

The problem here is the undercard with Cotto and Canelo promotions....last time Cotto's undercard was crap because he wanted all the undercard slots
                      Yeah Ward would be just impossible. Maybe they could get GGG but I think Leoffer is pretty set on keeping GGG as a headline and building him up that way. The logic of having him on a big undercard for exposure is probably legit, but Im not sure Leoffer would see it that way.

And Cotto has become quite the diva these days. I'm sure he'll demand a million things including whatever crappy fighter's he has in his stable on the card.

Comment

Working...
                      X