Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What konck out was more shocking Tarver vs. Jones or Marquez vs Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that I'm arguing that Tarver-Jones 2 wasn't shocking, but I'm surprised to see the level of shock some felt about it. Roy was not the same guy, we saw that in the first fight, and while many felt he would turn around and pull a Griffin 2 on Tarver, that was probably more wishful thinking.

Again, very shocking, but Pacquiao getting put out cold for three minutes by a guy who's shots he ate for three previous fights was mind boggling, maybe the most shocking knockout of my boxing life.

Comment

I would say Jones vs Tarver I still go back and watch that fight you got any excuses tonight Roy legendary.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Not that I'm arguing that Tarver-Jones 2 wasn't shocking, but I'm surprised to see the level of shock some felt about it. Roy was not the same guy, we saw that in the first fight, and while many felt he would turn around and pull a Griffin 2 on Tarver, that was probably more wishful thinking.

Again, very shocking, but Pacquiao getting put out cold for three minutes by a guy who's shots he ate for three previous fights was mind boggling, maybe the most shocking knockout of my boxing life.
        the defeat/upset was definitely more shocking, considering the odds
        but tarver had a chance to ko roy, tarver was a puncher and most people would probabley have agreed if he was going to beat roy he'd beat him by ko

dont see how that ko could be more shocking than marquez over pacquiao whom many considered to have an iron chin but w/e

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

Even moreso than Douglas vs Tyson?

Comment

Tarver/Jones.

I didn't see that coming at all, but I saw the possibility for a Marquez KO and told people why on boxingscene and facebook for at least a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
              Both of these knock outs were unexpected and devastating.
              pacroid is overrated.....it wasn't shocking to me that marquez sparked him out.

Comment

Even moreso than Douglas vs Tyson?
                I was 5 when that fight happened. I can't count it.

Comment

I was locked up for Tarver-Jones and when I heard Roy got KO'd in the 2nd I misheard and just figured Roy Montell Griffined him.

Comment

Yeah I can see that, but who really expected Roy to get dropped like he did in round two? Roy looked just fine in the first round. I didn't see that knock out coming.
                    After that first fight I didn't see Roy lasting twelve rounds with Tarver in a rematch. Truth be told, I thought Tarver was going to beat him in the first fight. Jones had been slowing down and was much more flat-footed, dating back to the Derrick Harmon fight. I thought moving up to fight a slow heavyweight helped hide just how much Jones had lost in terms of reflexes and speed. I did not, however, foresee Manny Pacquiao getting flattened by a fighter who hadn't even shown that kind of power at 126, let alone welter.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      After that first fight I didn't see Roy lasting twelve rounds with Tarver in a rematch. Truth be told, I thought Tarver was going to beat him in the first fight. Jones had been slowing down and was much more flat-footed, dating back to the Derrick Harmon fight. I thought moving up to fight a slow heavyweight helped hide just how much Jones had lost in terms of reflexes and speed. I did not, however, foresee Manny Pacquiao getting flattened by a fighter who hadn't even shown that kind of power at 126, let alone welter.
                      Good points. Both knock outs were stunning. I never would've thought that Marquez could knock Manny out cold.

Comment

Working...
                      X