No announcement yet.

Do not forget,Margarito can of worms will be open on mid march

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not forget,Margarito can of worms will be open on mid march

you can not forget that Margarito is not out of the woods yet,march will be the month when we all find out what kind of subtance was put in those wraps, from there we do not know what going to happend to the cheaters, the show is not over until the fat lady sings.

Originally posted by Anto View Post
    you can not forget that Margarito is not out of the woods yet,march will be the month when we all find out what kind of subtance was put in those wraps, from there we do not know what going to happend to the cheaters, the show is not over until the fat lady sings.
    We already know there was an illegal hard foreign substance in the wraps. So what it was is really only academical.

Margorito has already been given a (very mild) sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
      We already know there was an illegal hard foreign substance in the wraps. So what it was is really only academical.

thats what im saying.. but according to some ppl im just hating!
      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=245414&page=4

he was lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Everyone is already assuming the worst anyway. This story is dead, at least until Margarito reapplies for his license again next year.

Comment

That remains to be seen, there is only so much a commision can do when other countries will not honor their suspensions.

They do not have to give him his licence back ever if they choose not to, though. It was the harshest thing that they could do (I believe anyways). That is the difference betweena suspension which is a set time, getting your licence revoked could last forever.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            That remains to be seen, there is only so much a commision can do when other countries will not honor their suspensions.

They do not have to give him his licence back ever if they choose not to, though. It was the harshest thing that they could do (I believe anyways). That is the difference betweena suspension which is a set time, getting your licence revoked could last forever.
            I still dont understand why the police wasn't brought in. I would think this was a case of attempted assault with a deadly weapon. Any chance/risk that the cops might still get involved?

Comment

I still dont understand why the police wasn't brought in. I would think this was a case of attempted assault with a deadly weapon. Any chance/risk that the cops might still get involved?
              I think because they caught it before he went in the ring. If he went into the ring and the illeagle wraps were found after the fight, I think that would be assault with a deadly weapon. Since that never actually happeaned I think the police (who probably have enough on their plate as is) probably would just let the AC handle it, since it is attempted cheating as opposed to actualy assault with a deadly weapon.

If Margarito fights in Mexico, I think he runs a very high risk of never fighting in the US again.
              Last edited by The Gambler1981; 02-17-2009, 04:30 PM.

Comment

I think this will happen as soon as lawyers get involved. Cintron talked about his lawyers getting involved and Cotto said that his grop is not ruling anything out. I think they are just waiting until the results to take action.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  I think because they caught it before he went in the ring. If he went into the ring and the illeagle wraps were found after the fight, I think that would be assault with a deadly weapon. Since that never actually happeaned I think the police (who probably have enough on their plate as is) probably would just let the AC handle it, since it is attempted cheating as opposed to actualy assault with a deadly weapon.

If Margarito fights in Mexico, I think he runs a very high risk of never fighting in the US again.
                  The way I see it, it was ATTEMPTED assault. For sure that's also a felony in the states. Under normal circumstances the cops have to investigate crimes and cannot leave those things to civil authorities. At least so it is where I'm from.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
                    I think this will happen as soon as lawyers get involved. Cintron talked about his lawyers getting involved and Cotto said that his grop is not ruling anything out. I think they are just waiting until the results to take action.
                    They will have a hard time proving that Margarito's gloves were loaded in those fights unless a member of team Margarito decides to talk.

Comment

Working...
                    X