No announcement yet.

Porters punching power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porters punching power?

How would you rate it? He looked scary last night IMO and I guarentee he mops the floor with Broner

Yes, mops the floor with Broner but if you look at Porter's record, he isn't a knockout artist by any means. He beat a beaten down Paulie who never had much power in his prime let alone now so he mauled him. I think Porter's power is obviously better than Bradley's but Porter should focus on boxing rather than going for the knockout. This win against Paulie may very well be a curse as Porter will overestimate his power and go for big shots and may get discouraged when opponents don't go down like Paulie.

Comment

He fights like Mike Tyson.

He's not a lazy fighter at all. He goes in there and makes **** happen.

Comment

for a dude so religious its crazy how much of an animal he is in the ring.

dude is literally having a group prayer 1 minute after nearly decapitating a guy

Comment

It's early to make a solid argument about Porter's power just because he stopped Malignaggi.

Malignaggi has been mopped many times before and at his prime and at a lower weight. Porter is the first solid WW on Paulie's resume and that's what happened. Thurman would do the same to Paulie, Maidana the same, Pacquiao would demolish him, light punching Bradley will eventually stop him.

I like Porter a lot, but I hope this ko win over malignaggi doesn't go to his head cause it's a fool's gold. Porter seems very smart and down to earth guy though so I don't believe he will buy into his own hype. He's a very good puncher/boxer, at this stage of his career a ko victory over Paulie doesn't make him a puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post

dude is literally having a group prayer 1 minute after nearly decapitating a guy
            ****ing scary. He seems like a nice guy too, I really feel for Paulie. It's time to hang them up

Comment

People reading too much into it,

When he "lost" to Diaz, he landed a few clean shots and Diaz barely felt it and he has fought at lower weights.

He went in with no fear of Paulie, due to his lack of punching power, he wouldn't approach Kell BRook with the same gung ho attitude, even though I think he wipes the floor with Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post

He's like Shane Mosley -- nice, friendly face, but a bad mother****er in the ring.

Comment

i'm just glad Broner was watching

that's how you properly dispatch that loud mouth...not go 12 rounds and struggle for a decision win

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                    It's early to make a solid argument about Porter's power just because he stopped Malignaggi.

Malignaggi has been mopped many times before and at his prime and at a lower weight. Porter is the first solid WW on Paulie's resume and that's what happened. Thurman would do the same to Paulie, Maidana the same, Pacquiao would demolish him, light punching Bradley will eventually stop him.

I like Porter a lot, but I hope this ko win over malignaggi doesn't go to his head cause it's a fool's gold. Porter seems very smart and down to earth guy though so I don't believe he will buy into his own hype. He's a very good puncher/boxer, at this stage of his career a ko victory over Paulie doesn't make him a puncher.
                    I get what you're saying. I hope it doesn't go to his head either, but man he puts on great pressure.

Comment

Working...
                    X