Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoger Tells Fighters "Push Him Off" While Cooper Deducted 2 Points Off Khan!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoger Tells Fighters "Push Him Off" While Cooper Deducted 2 Points Off Khan!

In their recent fight, Smoger told both Kirkland and Tapia to "push him off" and to "push off" during the moments of smothering in their fight. He actually instructed one fighter to push the other fighter off. He has done this in numerous fights before because he understands it is a legal technique for creating space when being smothered.

Cooper deducted 2 points off Khan for doing exactly the same thing that Smoger tells fighters to do...

Even though it's inconsequential now as Peterson was discovered to be cheating with PEDs in that fight so the WBA rightfully returned Khan the belt, you can see now how corrupt the officiating of Joseph Cooper was in that bout. It is also quite remarkable to note that had Cooper not erroneously deducted those points, or had another referee been overseeing that fight, Khan wouldn't have "lost" that fight on the scorecards since it was only due to the corrupt referee's point deductions that he "lost".

In reality Khan beat a juiced up PED cheat on the very night he fought him. Also strange to think that Peterson might never have been discovered to be a PED cheat if Khan had rightfully been awarded the fight on the night (instead of retrospectively) because there would have been no need for a rematch, which is when Peterson was caught and then discovered to be cheating in the first fight too.

And even stranger to think that the IBF allowed Peterson to retain the belt from the Khan fight in which Peterson admitted his PED usage, even after Peterson was suspended from boxing for cheating...

I'm not a Khan fan, but the ref for Khan/Peterson was blatantly giving Khan a hard time, even though he was the champ.

Yeah, it was in DC, but c'mon. You don't F over the champ at the time.

Comment

Smoger isn't a good ref. but neither was the one in dc

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        Smoger isn't a good ref. but neither was the one in dc
        I think he used to be better but man was he lazy in the Kirkland Tapia fight. That last punch Kirkland landed was brutal and I hate to say it but Lampley was right when he questioned if that shot could of been prevented. The guy annoys the hell out of me but he's right about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
          I think he used to be better but man was he lazy in the Kirkland Tapia fight. That last punch Kirkland landed was brutal and I hate to say it but Lampley was right when he questioned if that shot could of been prevented. The guy annoys the hell out of me but he's right about that.
          I don't think Smoger was bad. I think his corner was.

Also, that last 2 piece Kirkland landed wasn't the refs fault. That was Kirkland and Tapia's corner fault.

Kirkland was in blood lust mode. Hard to stop throwing punches in midair.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
            I don't think Smoger was bad. I think his corner was.

Also, that last 2 piece Kirkland landed wasn't the refs fault. That was Kirkland and Tapia's corner fault.

Kirkland was in blood lust mode. Hard to stop throwing punches in midair.
            He didn't even attempt to stop him though just throwing his hand up to call the fight. Kirkland's not looking at Smoger waiting for him to stop the fight he had to step in and prevent any more punches were thrown.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
              He didn't even attempt to stop him though just throwing his hand up to call the fight. Kirkland's not looking at Smoger waiting for him to stop the fight he had to step in and prevent any more punches were thrown.
              Smoger stepped in. He hugged onto Tapia, and had his back to Kirkland. Clearly, the fight was stopped. Kirkland SNUCK in those 2 kill shots.

Blame Kirkland and Tapia's corner. Not Smoger.

Comment

All refs aren't the same.....wowe

Comment

The amount of Verbal bull**** that reffed spewed makes that fight unwatchable...

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                    Smoger stepped in. He hugged onto Tapia, and had his back to Kirkland. Clearly, the fight was stopped. Kirkland SNUCK in those 2 kill shots.

Blame Kirkland and Tapia's corner. Not Smoger.
                    The blame is on both him and the corner for letting him go out. It's pretty clear he didn't really try to step in until after Kirkland landed those two shots. Ideally he would've grabbed on to Kirkland to make sure he didn't throw anymore shots.

Comment

Working...
                    X