Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many think Judah took away Garcia's hook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many think Judah took away Garcia's hook?

I don't even think the hook was in the gameplan.

Well its not like Garcia uses that left hook as part of his arsenal he just closes his eyes and throws it when he gets in danger.

So Judah took it away by circling the way he did but its not like Garcia had a game plan revolving around or off that punch.

Comment

Garcia even admitted after the fight the Zab took away his jab so its fair to say he took away his hook too.

Garcia clearly adapted though throwing lead rights with variety to the body/head and he was actually looping them at times. He controlled the first half of the fight with just his right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by BudHeavy View Post
        Well its not like Garcia uses that left hook as part of his arsenal he just closes his eyes and throws it when he gets in danger.

So Judah took it away by circling the way he did but its not like Garcia had a game plan revolving around or off that punch.
        you trolling like this one dude i used to know. fitting right in the mold, you know who i'm talking about, son?

Comment

Well the jab was in the game plan and Garcia said Zab took that away so I can only assume Zab also took the hook away.

Comment

He was having so much success with the right hand that he really didn't need the hook. If Zab took it away, it was only by being so open to the right.

Comment

He did by circling and countering with a double jab every time Danny threw his own jab. Danny's not very fast but has decent power and great timing so whenever he tried the jab Zab threw 2 of his own.

Comment

Zab being a southpaw negated Danny's left hook as anyone who has trained for more than a few months would tell you...It is very hard/awkward to land a left hook on a southpaw and it is rarely a big factor in a Orthodox vs Lefty fight....But I suppose if you're salivating over Matthyse's nutsack 24/7 it would be hard to find the time to train...So thats why you guys didn't know.

Comment

It's the same reason why Mayweather basically throws 1 punch against a Lefty (his straight right) and never thows combinations when facing a lefty....Also the same reason why Canelo barely threw any combos against Trout and just resorted to big shots 1 at a time.

Being a lefty is a big advantage and it's even more of an advantage when the Lefty is fighting a Righty who relies heavily on hooks....Very hard to make your left hook an effective weapon against a Southpaw

Comment

you shoot the straight right and then left hook to the head or body. all day.

Comment

Working...
                    X