Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can You Say "Irony"? Judge Blocks Law On Cigarette Pack Warnings...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
    I feel it is the government's place to protect us from that hazard. The opponents believe that we, who like cleaner air, should take our patronage to a bar that does not allow it, or to not go at all. I feel this is grossly unfair.
    If addicts need their fix to have a good time, it simply serves as evidence of their addiction.
    Umm if thats your belief shouldnt people not be going to bars in the first place? I dont care what smokers want its irrelevant, but never is it the goverments job to make determinations on what legal activities people can or cant do on their own property.

Comment

i've seen people from other countries bring cigarettes here and leave the empty packets at my club; some of them have some really grimey **** on them.
      my take is let a smoker smoke.. if they want to kill themselves, go for it. just don't bring it around my ass.. at work, I have no choice however.
      can't really tell someone not to smoke at a club.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
        i've seen people from other countries bring cigarettes here and leave the empty packets at my club; some of them have some really grimey **** on them.
        my take is let a smoker smoke.. if they want to kill themselves, go for it. just don't bring it around my ass.. at work, I have no choice however.
        can't really tell someone not to smoke at a club.
        As of July 1, 2011, according to the American Nonsmokers' Rights Foundation, 79.6% of the U.S. population lives under a ban on smoking in "workplaces, and/or restaurants, and/or bars, by either a state, commonwealth, or local law,"[1] though only 48% live under a ban covering all workplaces and restaurants and bars.[2] A smoking ban (either state or local) has been enacted covering all bars and restaurants in each of the 60 most populated cities in the United States except these 18: Arlington, TX, Atlanta, Fort Worth, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Memphis, Miami, Las Vegas, Nashville, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Antonio, St. Louis, Tampa, Tulsa, and Virginia Beach.[

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Referencing the movie "I, Robot" makes you a total douche. Read the book or never reference the concept again. RIP Isaac Asimov.
          Why???? Does it mather if the movie is different from the book? Im just trying to make a point and the moral of the movie was right.

Comment

Originally posted by SharpBoxing View Post
            Why???? Does it mather if the movie is different from the book? Im just trying to make a point and the moral of the movie was right.

This is why it matters.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

This is why it matters.
              I want to talk about the moral of the story but you are too dumb to get in a debat.

May I ask you what you do for a living and what education you had? Cause you come across as a very dumb person. You are nothing without copy and pasting

Comment

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
                http://www.who.int/mediacentre/facts.../en/index.html

-snip-

[sic]Second-hand smoke kills

Second-hand smoke is the smoke that fills restaurants, offices or other enclosed spaces when people burn tobacco products such as cigarettes, bidis and water pipes. There is no safe level of exposure to second-hand tobacco smoke.

Every person should be able to breathe smoke-free air. Smoke-free laws protect the health of non-smokers, are popular, do not harm business and encourage smokers to quit.1

Only nearly 11% of people are protected by comprehensive national smoke-free laws.
                The number of people protected from second-hand smoke more than doubled to 739 million in 2010 from 354 million in 2008.
                Of the 100 most populous cities, 22 are smoke free.
                Almost half of children regularly breathe air polluted by tobacco smoke.
                Over 40% of children have at least one smoking parent.
                Second-hand smoke causes more than 600 000 premature deaths per year.
                In 2004, children accounted for 28% of the deaths attributable to second-hand smoke.
                There are more than 4000 chemicals in tobacco smoke, of which at least 250 are known to be harmful and more than 50 are known to cause cancer.
                In adults, second-hand smoke causes serious cardiovascular and respiratory diseases, including coronary heart disease and lung cancer. In infants, it causes sudden death. In pregnant women, it causes low birth weight.[sic]

Start at 3:22, watch the whole episode if you want the rest of the story.

But don't expect me to buy into statistics of the "World Health Organization", an organization with shady funding practices.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
                  As of July 1, 2011, according to the American Nonsmokers' Rights Foundation, 79.6% of the U.S. population lives under a ban on smoking in "workplaces, and/or restaurants, and/or bars, by either a state, commonwealth, or local law,"[1] though only 48% live under a ban covering all workplaces and restaurants and bars.[2] A smoking ban (either state or local) has been enacted covering all bars and restaurants in each of the 60 most populated cities in the United States except these 18: Arlington, TX, Atlanta, Fort Worth, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Memphis, Miami, Las Vegas, Nashville, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Antonio, St. Louis, Tampa, Tulsa, and Virginia Beach.[
                  the bars in my town are under that whole non smokeing **** but a few have some kind of little room in the back that fits about 8-10 people has a few couches and a tv thats set up with vents and stuff just for smokers.

so you cant walk into the bar with a cig but you can walk in grab a beer and head to the back room for a cig.

Comment

Originally posted by SharpBoxing View Post
                    I bet you would love it if the govenment decides where you should live, what job you should do, what you should eat, who you should marry, ....

Brainless sheep....
                    Begging the question and Ad hominem. Golf clap.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

Start at 3:22, watch the whole episode if you want the rest of the story.

But don't expect me to buy into statistics of the "World Health Organization", an organization with shady funding practices.
                      Please expose those shady funding practices. Don't expect me to watch any of that video until you do. Right wing advocacy groups do not count.

Comment

Working...
                      X