Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you people think Tyson has a better chin than Frazier?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anwaryussuf81
    Tyson does not have a better chin than Frazier. Frazier took foremans best shots and still got up from all of the knockdowns. If Foreman hit Tyson he would of been out on the first knockdown. Just look at Tyson's history of getting knocked down in a fight. Douglas knocked him down and he never got up, Holyfield knocked him down and never got up, williamson knocked him down and never got up, mcbride knocked him down and then he quit in his corner.
    well said man

Comment

Originally posted by tommyhearns804
      Tyson was great at laying flat on his back but so is your mom angelo_dundee.You know who is great?Ali,Foreman,Frazier you know guys like that.Guys who fought other legends.Guys who never quit to fighters like Mcbride then have excuses made for them.

Pole smoker, I was saying that Mikey is not as great as made out to be by those who know little of Boxing. Sounds like you, eh?

Comment

Put Tyson in the ring for the last 2 rounds at Manilla at '75 and tell me if he wouldn't quit, hell he wouldnt even be standing.

Joe Frazier was taking a beating so bad he couldn't even see. But what happened: he stayed on his feet the entire time, and was going to go for another round, but his trainer stopped him.

It's as simple as that. Tyson could never stand up from those bombs Foreman was throwing at Frazier that night. But Frazier shot up everytime.

No way does Tyson's chin come close to comparing to the chin of Smokin' Joe.

Comment

SkyDog, if Tyson was in the Manilla fight he would be out in the 2nd round. He absolutely does nto have a better chin than Frzier. Frazier fought better people and WON. Tyson never beat anyone that was very good, like Frazier did. I dont think Tyson would have been champion in the Frazier era at all...

Comment

lol angelo you and your mom smokes big poles lol i am making tyson out to be more than he is?haha i am the one who made this post because i know Frazier has a better chin than Tyson and everybody who responded knows so too.But anyway it is good to see so many intelligent boxing fans responded to my post.People like you make this the best boxing forum there is so keep up the good work

Comment

well i don't honestly think tyson had a bad chin i think he neglected heart... in his fights with douglas, holyfield,lewis,etc. he could've gotten up and beat the count but he just didn't cause he didn't want too. he was taking a beating and says to himself "hey i'm gettin messed up, if i jump up at like 9 or 10 then they won't say i'm a quitter" so he gets up a lil too late so anyone won't say its a no mas fight.. but unlike duran who was just frustrated tyson would lose his heart when he couldn't intimidate or felt it was too much... so like al bernstein said after frietas vs. corrales "if he felt he was taking too much punishment he should've just sat down" this is what tyson does to avoid being called a coward but now he is labeled a coward for the mcbride fight cause he wouldnt' come out.. but i guess you can say the same for the williams fight considering he was knocked down or let himself get knocked down by a punch to the glove... oh by the way tommyhearns you need to calm down a little jesus christ you got too much anger in you

Comment

Whatdahieu Angelo called me a pole smoker so i said something back to him.I have no anger problems just like you have no boxing knowledge.Tyson got to his feet after Douglas knocked him out and he was out of it.He wasnt clear headed and you know why?Because Dougals a average punching fighter knocked him out.Holyfield had Tyson out on his feet ,Lewis just knocked him out so bad he couldnt get up.If Tyson just quit because he couldnt knock is opponents out then he would of quit in other fights because you know he didnt knock every fighter he fought out.
                Tyson only quit in the Mcbride fight.The 4 other times he lost was because he couldnt take his mans punch.If these people were world class punchers it would be no big deal but they werent.Well Lewis is but Holyfield was a good puncher when he was a cruiserweight.Douglas wasnt much of a puncher.Danny Williams and McBride had nice records but besides knocking out Tyson who else did they know out or even beat?
                So you know what that means?Tyson had a poor chin.Not the worse in heavyweight history but far frome being the best.

Comment

Originally posted by =Junior=
                  well said man
                  Very good and don't forget Lennox knocked him out too.

Comment

Originally posted by anwaryussuf81
                    Tyson does not have a better chin than Frazier. Frazier took foremans best shots and still got up from all of the knockdowns. If Foreman hit Tyson he would of been out on the first knockdown. Just look at Tyson's history of getting knocked down in a fight. Douglas knocked him down and he never got up, Holyfield knocked him down and never got up, williamson knocked him down and never got up, mcbride knocked him down and then he quit in his corner.
                    oops ! Imeant this one!

Comment

Lennox didn't just knock him out, he KNOCKED HIM THE **** OUT!!!
                      Lewis is the only man to ever KD Tyson with one punch, and the only one to KO him that way to...Lewis was just plain battering Tyson, it was really brutal, how many times was Tyson hurt visibly in that fight? Several....Bad chin, but I say the worst champs chin is Lennox's, but he more than compensates for it and even exploits it...

You think Holyfield had heart(Which he did, hes int he top 10 for sure for most heart!) just look at Joe, getting beat to death by Foreman and would rather be killed than take the loss...Ali had a above average punch and look at those fights, both Ali and Frazier had tones of heart, and both would hand Tyson his!

Incase you all get bored, heres a match up for you...
                      "RustedIron" Mike Tyson Vs. Sonny Liston...both prime I guess, and Liston hit extremely hard, Tyson can't take that...IMO

Oh and Both have little heart, the edge going to Liston I guess...still no heart on eather one...
                      Last edited by XionComrade; 08-12-2005, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X