Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the DC superhero movie universe wont be as good as marvels

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dc still feels like they are stuck in the 00s where super hero movies were still in their experimental phase. Its become clear that the tone of the comics is important when making a successful comic book movie. When they are goofy, make them goody (guardians of the galaxy ) if gritty make them gritty. What doesnt work is trying to interchange them. Superman is not a gritty character so making him brooding was ridiculous and why I hated man of steel. Marvel was able to make a successful movie out of freakin antman (by embracing its ridiculousness) yet dc cant get superman right. Suicide Squad looks good though

Comment

Ant-Man will probably body Batman vs Superman

Comment

all superman has to do is stay up in the galaxy and throw some asteroids or rocks at Batman and batman ain't gonna do shiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
          all superman has to do is stay up in the galaxy and throw some asteroids or rocks at Batman and batman ain't gonna do shiet.
          see my post above

Comment

Goofy only works certain times......Guardians of the Galaxy for example.

Man of Steel was just OK to DECENT IMO. But I mean what Marvel movies have been really great??? Iron Man 1 and 2 were cool, 3rd was weak, both Thors were cool. Captain America is kinda whatever for me. Ant Man is absolutely ridiculous, and Avengers is action action action corny line action corny line, etc for 2 hours plus. I just feel like it's being run into the ground.

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are STILL the benchmarks for comic book movies IMO.

Comment

nolan's "the dark knight" beats the living shit out of any marvel movie, with that said, i'm afraid that with this new "batman vs superman" they are going to ruin everything he did for the character with his trillogy, but still, it will be better than the avengers, i saw the second one, it makes no sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Goofy only works certain times......Guardians of the Galaxy for example.

Man of Steel was just OK to DECENT IMO. But I mean what Marvel movies have been really great??? Iron Man 1 and 2 were cool, 3rd was weak, both Thors were cool. Captain America is kinda whatever for me. Ant Man is absolutely ridiculous, and Avengers is action action action corny line action corny line, etc for 2 hours plus. I just feel like it's being run into the ground.

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are STILL the benchmarks for comic book movies IMO.
                i have read somewhere that Ben Affleck would make his own Batman films in regards to his character, which is interesting because Affleck is a great director himself. And also it would be great to see Batman & Robin done in a serious way unlike the last one

Comment

Man of Steel was a superb flick, fook anybody who says otherwise, bunch of Marvel bandwagon fanboys.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    Man of Steel was a superb flick, fook anybody who says otherwise, bunch of Marvel bandwagon fanboys.
                    I liked Man Of Steel. I have it on my tablet in 1080 Bluray, I watch it from time to time. DRK and MoS are both very good movies. Avengers is a fun movie to watch in theaters, it has good action, and like 4corners said, funny lines. But I wouldn't watch that movie just chilling out like I do with DRK and MoS. Avengers is better watched with a group, once, and that's it. Maybe revisit it a couple of years later.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      DC is trying to be like marvel and have a universe in their movies with all the superheroes..
                      But I think they are going about it backasswards...

First, marvel slowly introduced the characters thru seperate movies and tying them together with Samuel l Jackson

DC has one movie, superman, and now is gonna rush superman, batman, wonder women, all together at once, in one movie, the 2nd of the universe.. Marvel waited awhile and built towards avengers.. DC is rushing..

Also, the timeline of the characters seem off..

Batman is old and basically retired, robin is already dead, and he is just now meeting a young superman, young Luther, young wonder women..
                      You would think they would have a slightly younger batman, and not have robin already dead if they want to make a bunch of movies in this universe...

Just my 2 cents

overall your premise is right. marvel has much more diverse heroes and villains roster wise compared to DC but hollywood hasnt really taken advantage of that anyway. so many marvel characters yet all we see it seems are avengers and xmen characters. then they did fantastic four remake off the alba original and they turned human torch into a black guy and used a douche bag to play dr. reed richards and the audience responded kindly by the way of FCK YOUR SHI*TTY MOVIE WE AINT WATCHING THAT CRAP.

as for your timeline concern, this is movie adaptations. they dont follow comic book timelines.

DC as well hasnt taken advantage of its over dc universe roster. its always batman, superman, batman, superman, green lantern, back to batman superman.

You take a look at the green lantern franchise and they havent even taken advantage of the different colored lanterns. there's the white lanterns, the blue lanterns, the evil black and yellow lanterns etc. etc....

now they got a skinny jew playing a voluptous amazonian woman.

smdh.............................................. ...........

one thing i will say that DC is kicking marvel's disney ass on is the animated movies.

DC anime movies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marvel anime movies.

Comment

Working...
                      X