Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao THE GOAT or one of the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
    OMG! Pac is a 140 fighter the most. What he did at 147 and 154 whats makes him amazing. Now by fighting a 40 years old will erase anything he done in the past? OMG!
    What he’s done at 154?....nothing he beat a shot weight drained Margarito at 150lbs so at 154 he has done nothing what so ever.

at 147 he beat Clottey, Oscar and soon old man Mosley hardly an incomparable body of work.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
      first off,theres only one GOAT right? greatest of all time. not this time, not last time,but ALL TIME. like you argued above about the people giving pac FOTD, i doubt any of them will consider him the greatest of all time.
      second, any dude can grab a belt if its the right time. theres not elite fighters in every division, sometimes belts get passed around like hoes. look at yuri foreman, he got a belt,i bet theres plenty more examples too.
      third,collecting belts in different weight classes is impressive but it doesnt solidify you as the GOAT. he lost against erik morales and had a controversial win over marquez, i think thats a 'snag along the way'. also, some of the dudes were good or big names, but theyre werent at their all time best.
      but some fights were questionable: DLH - he was shot,i dont care what experts like dundee saying he has a shot say. freddie roach said it was perfect because he knew oscar 'didnt have it anymore'. yes he was the favored one, but people knew dude was getting old and didnt have it, roach couldnt have been the only one thinking that way.
      clottey - who? the guy that lost to cotto right after he already dismantled cotto.
      margarito - why? he lost to mosley, and has been gone for a year and won a dumb decision over a no name.
      now mosley? cmon man.
      pacquiao is great and all, he is top 10 worthy most def, not GOAT.
      I did not said he is a GOAT. I said he has a case compared to others fighters in this era. You think HOF fighters like Barrera, Morales and JMM has a chance of beating Cotto, Clottey and Margarito in the state when they fought Pacquiao?

Comment

I did not said he is a GOAT. I said he has a case compared to others fighters in this era. You think HOF fighters like Barrera, Morales and JMM has a chance of beating Cotto, Clottey and Margarito in the state when they fought Pacquiao?
        WTF is this irrelevant nonsense you keep typing

Comment

When you say Of All Time, it means time is over and since Time ain't over yet then there's no such thing as Greatest Of All Time yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MCCCXXXIII View Post
            WTF is this irrelevant nonsense you keep typing
            Barrera, Marquez and Morales are the same size with Pacquiao. Haters were saying Pac beat Cotto and Margarito so easy because they are shot and weight drained. Pac did it why you can't say they can do it as well?
            Last edited by straightleft; 01-03-2011, 08:15 AM.

Comment

OMG! Pac is a 140 fighter the most. What he did at 147 and 154 whats makes him amazing. Now by fighting a 40 years old will erase anything he done in the past? OMG!
              he didnt even weigh in at the correct weight for the belt, let alone his own catchweight. what he means is pac grabs a belt and doesnt even defend it.
              fight martinez, Dzindziruk, or Bundrage. they have the other light middleweight belts,he likes fighting bigger guys doesnt he? like i said before,pac is great and all but not GOAT.
              then again, its just an opinion, so it will always be debatable. just leave the 'experts' opinions or claims out of it and have actual events/fights supporting your opinion, good discussion though.

no i dont. why? because theyre different weight classes. like people bash JMM fighting floyd, of course he will get beat by a WW like pacman. but let them come down to his natural weight and see what happens. what im saying is some people who pac fought, his people set that **** up so he has a slight advantage, whether it be a big name that doesnt have it anymore, or a weight-drained fighter. im not saying all his fights arent legit. to me, his fights start getting questionable from DLH. marquez/barrera/morales/diaz, those were all great wins for him. from DLH on, is when people started talking about him having advantages, and oddly enough, the thought of him being GOAT starting blowing up too. lots of pacquiao bandwagoners emerged when pac beat DLH. i know youre not one, cause you know your stuff, but im just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                he didnt even weigh in at the correct weight for the belt, let alone his own catchweight. what he means is pac grabs a belt and doesnt even defend it.
                fight martinez, Dzindziruk, or Bundrage. they have the other light middleweight belts,he likes fighting bigger guys doesnt he? like i said before,pac is great and all but not GOAT.
                then again, its just an opinion, so it will always be debatable. just leave the 'experts' opinions or claims out of it and have actual events/fights supporting your opinion, good discussion though.

no i dont. why? because theyre different weight classes. like people bash JMM fighting floyd, of course he will get beat by a WW like pacman. but let them come down to his natural weight and see what happens. what im saying is some people who pac fought, his people set that **** up so he has a slight advantage, whether it be a big name that doesnt have it anymore, or a weight-drained fighter. im not saying all his fights arent legit. to me, his fights start getting questionable from DLH. marquez/barrera/morales/diaz, those were all great wins for him. from DLH on, is when people started talking about him having advantages, and oddly enough, the thought of him being GOAT starting blowing up too. lots of pacquiao bandwagoners emerged when pac beat DLH. i know youre not one, cause you know your stuff, but im just saying.
                WW? All Pacs fights at welterweight in above when the last time he weighed in 147? Other fighters skip a meals to make weight while Pac eats all he can but still can't make at 147. Why anybody here can't think the other way that Pac is just great and great people do amazing things while others cannot? Other than putting the pieces together they preferred doing others things just for the sake of hating.
                Last edited by straightleft; 01-03-2011, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Sgar ray robinson is without a doubt the greatest of all time..he has more victories then pac has rounds and he competed at the top his entire career into his late fourties..

Pacman is a beast and one of the two best fighters of this era, what hes accomplished may never be done again..but in order to be in top ten ATG boxers, you have to fight and defeat someone whos style is.....BOXING..after that than hes in the debate.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetscience18 View Post
                    Sgar ray robinson is without a doubt the greatest of all time..he has more victories then pac has rounds and he competed at the top his entire career into his late fourties..

Pacman is a beast and one of the two best fighters of this era, what hes accomplished may never be done again..but in order to be in top ten ATG boxers, you have to fight and defeat someone whos style is.....BOXING..after that than hes in the debate.
                    Even though he beat Mayweather = BOXING and the others still not enough. People loved things of the past like antiques cherishing like no other. Add to the fact that certain people may object as they believed only certain color of skin or race has the right to be GOAT.
                    Last edited by straightleft; 01-03-2011, 08:46 AM.

Comment

WW? All Pacs fights at welterweight in above when the last time he weighed in 147? Other fighters skip a meals to make weight while Pac eats all he can but still can't make at 147. Why anybody here can't think the other way that Pac is just great and great people do amazing things while others cannot? Other than putting the pieces together they preferred doing others things just for the sake of hating.
                      check all of pacquiao's fight night weights. ****, even for the 154 belt, he weighed in at 144. hes a natural 140-144 lb fighter. i dont hate pacquiao, im just not brainwashed thinking he's god. dude has questionable fight advantages and isn't near being GOAT,get over it.

Comment

Working...
                      X