No announcement yet.

Whats your Boxing Workout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your Boxing Workout?

Whats everyone's Boxing workout for the day/week?

Originally posted by Crissco View Post
    Whats everyone's Boxing workout for the day/week?
    MONDAY-rope skipping for 3 rounds

weight training: squats,deadlift,incline db flys,skull crushers,overhead press,bent laterals,db bench press,db curls,db rows,forearms.20,10,then 5 reps while adding more weight each time.then 100 crunches.

boxing: 3 rounds on the double end(big slow bag,small fast bag,double double),3 rounds of pad work,3 rounds on heavy bag(reg heavy bag,uppercut bag,hook wall bag) not always tho sometimes all 3 rounds on reg heavy bag.3 rounds on speed bag

TUESDAY-rope skipping,triple threat ab work out,shadowboxing for 3 rounds.sparring for 3 rounds sometimes more.3 rounds on double end,3 rounds on heavy bag,3 rounds on speed bag.

WEDNESDAY-rope skipping for 3 rounds

weight training: drills 30 secs each -cleans,db lift from one side to the other,pushups,medicing ball squats,throwing medicine ball down on mat,mountain climbers -for 3 rounds.100 crunches

boxing: 3 rounds on the double end(big slow bag,small fast bag,double double),3 rounds of pad work,3 rounds on heavy bag(reg heavy bag,uppercut bag,hook wall bag) not always tho sometimes all 3 rounds on reg heavy bag.3 rounds on speed bag

THURSDAY-rope skipping,triple threat ab work out,shadowboxing for 3 rounds.sparring for 3 rounds sometimes more.3 rounds on double end,3 rounds on heavy bag,3 rounds on speed bag.

FRIDAY-rope skipping for 3 rounds

100 of each-pull up,dips,lunges,cunches

little things change here n there so we wont get bored with the same work out.for example we will do punch counts or punch drills instead of padwork-or diff ab work outs or do some foot work drills

also the weight training changes every few months this is what we are currently doing.

Comment

^^Thats great bro, exactly what I was looking for. NY here too, what part of BK?

Comment

Got some questions for you bro

You were saying you do a double double bag for the double end bag. Whats a double double?

When you do your 3 rounds, how many minutes do you go for each time?

On Fri you do 3 rounds on heavy bag(reg heavy bag,uppercut bag,hook wall bag)...Is that 3 rounds on each of them? Or 1 round for each?

Thanks a lot

Comment

^^Thats great bro, exactly what I was looking for. NY here too, what part of BK?
          i live in williamsburg

Got some questions for you bro

You were saying you do a double double bag for the double end bag. Whats a double double?

When you do your 3 rounds, how many minutes do you go for each time?

On Fri you do 3 rounds on heavy bag(reg heavy bag,uppercut bag,hook wall bag)...Is that 3 rounds on each of them? Or 1 round for each?

Thanks a lot
          this is a double double end bag

3 rounds of 3 minutes

on fri i do 1 round of each bag

Comment

Bumping this to get more workouts

Comment

Sunday: Run 8 miles on the treadmill.

Monday:

-6 rounds of shadowboxing, 3 with weights 3 without.

-Then i take a an unsuspended heavybag, pick it up, put it on my shoulder and walk around a bit. I do it 10 times, alternating shoulder every time.

-4 rounds of double end bag.

-I finish with my plyometric routine.

-Later in the evening after eating i do push ups, sit ups, crunches and dips.

Tuesday:

-8 rounds of heavybag + 1 punch out drill.

-3 miles on the threadmill.

Wednesday: Same as monday.

Thursday: Same as tuesday.

Friday: Weight lifting day, bench press, squats, dead lift, curls, shrugs, overhead press. I do other exercies to work my core and shoulders but i don't know what they are called.

Saturday: Day off!

All that is what i have planned, but sparring takes priority over all of that, most of the times when i spar, ill cut out a little out of the work out i had planned for that day but still do most of it.

Comment

i start my workout at about 12-1pm(right before starting my day) by shadowboxing for a full hour at high instensity with no breaks
                straight after do some polymetric exercises like consecutive vertical leaps(tuck jumps) as high as i can till "pretty much" failure
                then as many clap pushups as i can muster and as soon as i can't do them fast anymore(or else i'd be there all day) i convert to 50-60 explosive pushups
                get up, put on some 16oz, flurry at the heavybag till i can't throw with power, co-ordination or speed anymore, then change the 16oz to proper bag gloves(guess they'd be 8oz) flurry till i can't throw with power, co-ordination or speed anymore, take a break, drink my water, eat, eat, eat(yes i dont run straight for the shower, i was told getting that food straight after your workout is very beneficial tho i dont remember the specifics, just been doin it for awhile), anyway, i go to the shower barely being able to lift my arms to scrub my body, then just chill till it's around 10pm(night time is great for running, it's colder too, makes it painful to breathe during my run) and run for 6 miles(sometimes my pace is too fast to begin with and i dont manage 6 miles tho) but for the last mile i always sprint it, then, do pullups(which include leglifts) till failure get home have another shower, and to bed

next day, go into the gym, stretch, hit the bag, spar, do w/e the coach has us do which is usually just sparring for the full session

next day, chill

repeat

been doen this since i was 16
                Last edited by SplitSecond; 12-07-2010, 06:51 PM.

Comment

train 5 days a week. No sparing on the mondays.

currently I do 5 rounds of every thing. monday through fri. gym is oldschool we dont work on 1 thing each day we do it all.

Comment

It's mixed up and different depending on how close fights are and stuff or just what the coach feels like. The main consistent thing is we spar quite a lot, virtually every session. We do all all the usual double end bag, heavy bag, technical drills, and padwork as well.

Sometimes fitness is included at the end, such as stair running (3 or 4 rounds) or punch out drills.

We train 4 days per week at the gym, and sometimes it is 5 or 6 if we go to another gym and spar (All we do is warm-up and then spar those days, cause it is almost like a fight with the travelling and the intensity) and if we aren't fighting on a saturday and we do sprints.

I run about 3-4 times per week also.

Comment

Working...
                    X