Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler Talks Big - Punks Out Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well about him and Ward not meeting, Kessler has said it's an outright lie.

And how do you know that it's Kessler's fault that he doesn't meet Froch now?

Ridiculess thread based on rumours.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
      Well about him and Ward not meeting, Kessler has said it's an outright lie.

And how do you know that it's Kessler's fault that he doesn't meet Froch now?

Ridiculess thread based on rumours.
      The management team behind Kessler made it very clear they wouldn't fight Ward as long as he was looking to fight in America. Call it however you want, headbutts or not, Ward has proven to be a better fighter than Kessler and they know they don't win that fight without home court advantage.
      As far as Froch is concerned, I believe Kessler has the balls to fight him again, but it does't surprise me that they don't do it now and they don't do it in England. Froch has proven himself and I don't think many would bet on him to lose to Kessler at this point.

Comment

are ppl just picking up on this now? kessler made a career out of talking big only to back out and fight some bum instead. hes done it countless times.

i remember during the super six when kessler was running his mouth about ward, andre said he just hopes kessler is as brave when he (ward) isnt tied up for several fights. but hes still just talking when ward is signed for another fight or injured. whenever ward doesnt have an oponent kessler stays quiet and hes never made a real offer.

hes happy taking easy fights at home where he can make good money taking on bums. now sauerland even found a way to give him back the title ward outclassed him for, at home against ****ing magee. its disgraceful.

he did the same thing with bute back when he was undefeated. talked a big game even saying he was willing to go to canada, when butes ppl tried to make the fight kessler went missing.

part of me always felt kessler wouldnt go through with rematching froch, he got a gift decision at home against froch at his worst. seeing what froch has been doing since then while kesslers been fighting bums i had a hard time seeing mikkel getting in the ring with him without someone draggin him by his feet. so him pulling a kessler and refusing to back up his talk isnt overly suprising.

im not sure he will fight abraham either tbh. obviously abraham isnt a really tough oponent, but hes not a really easy one either. its a decent fight but that might still be too much for mikkel. then again since they have the same promoter it might be hard for mikkel to find a way out without making himslelf look even worse than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Arthur Abraham is mediocre. The Super Six showed us that.

The only reason this will happen is because it's an in house fight for Sauerland.
          Wrong

Abraham is good but at SMW he is not good enough to take a top spot...fits much better imho. Due to his punching power (which he has - but cannot always use to his advantage, especially not at SMW where much bigger men are waiting to be beaten) he means danger to always any fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Well, he has already fought the top two guys, Froch and Ward in his hometown, beating one and losing to the other. I'm not really sure that qualifies as 'punking out'.

In fact, if 'punking out' is fighting the three top SMW's of the last decade or more, Calzaghe, Froch and Ward, then it would honestly be great if more top fighters 'punked out'.
            Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Yep, he's one of Ward, Froch and Direll's major wins, but Kessler fighting him is punking out.

History is slowly being revised with that win. It was a close but clear decision win for Kessler, that nearly everyone agreed with at the time, bar a few, but now because of Froch's growing popularity people are starting to pretend as if Froch won it. It was a solid, clear win for Kessler.

Before it? He'd fought everyone, most of the other champions, including the top SMW of the last decade. There was genuinely no one left to fight by the time he got to Calzaghe.

I don't get what the problem is here. The guy has fought literally every single top fighter at SMW for the last era. What the hell is everyone on about?

He's fought Calzaghe, Froch, Ward, and is now fighting what most, at least until this fight it seems, thought of as the other main guy at 160/168 in Abraham who just beat Stieglitz for the title.

There is nothing more Kessler could have done. Nothing. Rematch Froch? Rematch Ward? The only thing people are *****ing about is that he should be fighting guys he's already fought more.
            Very well put.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Is Kessler-Abraham such a bad fight? It looks like Froch is tied up with his mando & Wards sidelined with an injury. Both AA & Kessler are big names in Europe so this fight would do good business. Abraham's a durable and credible opponent that will test the Viking Warrior....
              People never look at common sense,they rather claim someone is ducking and ignore the facts

Comment

Working...
              X