Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: De La Hoya is Furious With Cotto Dropping Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I think is happening that fees strictly are the fixed percentages from the purses. So if Cotto does not pay his fee, it would not affect what canelo has to pay. But the agreement with GGG to step aside for this fight was fixed price. And if Cotto does not pay his part, then Canelo/DLH have two choices:
    a) pay the whole 800k out of his purse
    b) don't pay and WBC will not recognize this as a title fight and award GGG with a title.

DLH is mad, because I guess there was an agreement that Cotto and Canelo will split the payment on step aside. And Cotto broke this agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
      Oscar is mad he got out-maneuvered by Cotto. Just last week Canelo said he didn't want to fight for the title, it was Cotto's idea. So Oscar is stuck paying his half of sanctioning fees for a belt his fighter doesn't even want and won't defend against the mandatory if he wins. Oscar is stupid. He's been a **** promoter all year. Starting by not securing a venue in LA for Matthyssee-Provodnikov. Couldn't get anyone to buy Lemieux-N'dam so it ended up on Fox Sports II at the last minute. Which led to Lemieux having no name recognition which led to horrible PPV numbers and he lost a belt that could've been used as leverage. That strap could've gotten Lemieux a tune-up on HBO before fighting GGG with the promise of fighting GGG next which would had led to more money and bigger PPV buys. He also let TR acquire rights to Postol. He knew Postol and Matthysse were going to be fighting for vacant title. Postol's previous fight in the US was on a PBC card. Oscar should've swooped in and got him on the cheap, just like TR did, that way he was covered if Matthysse lost. Now he's stuck paying a **** load of fees for a belt his fighter doesn't want and won't keep. He is not a good promoter.
      Top Rank had rights on Postol since the Aydin fight, they let him fight on PBC...they still have rights on him.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
        Top Rank had rights on Postol since the Aydin fight, they let him fight on PBC...they still have rights on him.
        Ok thanks, I didn't know that. So Arum really is working with Haymon while suing him because he claims he has a monopoly lol

Comment

Ok thanks, I didn't know that. So Arum really is working with Haymon while suing him because he claims he has a monopoly lol
          I don't believe they worked together for that fight, it was more Top Rank not using there rights for that particular bout and Postol needing to stay busy. I don't think there's anything deeper there that needs ruminating.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
            I don't believe they worked together for that fight, it was more Top Rank not using there rights for that particular bout and Postol needing to stay busy. I don't think there's anything deeper there that needs ruminating.
            Are they working together for Barthelemey/Shafikov?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzalez_Boxing View Post
              You mean Oscar chooses to pay sanctioning fees. Cotto doesn't care about the strap or fighting Golovkin if he wins, so why throw a million down the toilet?
              agree, i was making fun of oscar...

Comment

Are they working together for Barthelemey/Shafikov?
                yeah that's an interesting case, Shafikov is promoted by TR and Moretti (of Top Rank) was talking about the event being pushed back from a showtime card to a pbc on spike...I don't know what kind of deal they have in place there, but Shafikov was Mickey Bey's mandatory for the IBF strap before he bailed [for a Macau card???]. In any case, Barthelemy-Shafikov is for that strap, now vacant. I highly doubt you'll see any top rank ads anywhere around that night, but they probably have a mutually beneficial deal.

Last paragraph....
                http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/9/26...-showtime-card

First paragraph....
                http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...ec-18-pbc-card

Comment

Not gonna matter after Cotto jabs Canelo to death for 12 rounds then drops down to 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Puya View Post
                    De La Fishnets can go suck Ronda Rousey's balls
                    Comments Thread For: Video: De La Hoya is Furious With Cotto Dropping Title

The realer the fighter, the more they have problems with Oscar: Floyd, Miguel, etc. Even Bernard sided with Richard initially until he took a break from the boxing game

Not everyone is an actor like oscar

Comment

Working...
                    X