No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: Cotto Questioning Rule That Made Him Champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saint laurent
    If you don't care about sanctioning bodies, nobody is forcing you to read or post about them.

You are the one that questioned my literacy when clearly you are the one struggling in that department.

You accuse the WBC of being a criminal organization, but they aren't breaking any laws. They're following their rules, which clearly state they can make up the rules as they go along. Nobody is forced to do business with the WBC.

What is it that I need to wake up about? I'm a licensed boxing promoter and very aware of how the WBC operates. What is it that you think you're telling me that I'm not aware of?
    Dude, principle doesn't exist in boxing. You know that. Which was the last fight you promoted?

Comment

Originally posted by Puya View Post
      Is it that or the fact they are asking for a ridiculous amount aside for the step aside money,.
      The step aside is between Rocnation and K2, dummy!
      Cotto agreed to pay it so he could pretend he is MW champ vs Canelo.

He had no problem paying the sanctioning fee for Martinez and Geale.
      He's out of options now and will have to fight GGG next if he beats Canelo.
      That's why he doesn't want the belt now.
      He still owes that $800k.

Try reading the article next time.

Comment

300k is scraps compared to the amount he is making. Defending any title cost a small % of the champions paycheck. He doesn't want to defend against his mandatory GGG that is the real reason people need to stop blowing this out of proportions and out of ignorance some of these people are not fans they are delusional.

Comment

Wbc will be paying cotto in court *****es

Comment

That's what you dirtyass crooks get. Karma idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
              The step aside is between Rocnation and K2, dummy!
              Cotto agreed to pay it so he could pretend he is MW champ vs Canelo.

He had no problem paying the sanctioning fee for Martinez and Geale.
              He's out of options now and will have to fight GGG next if he beats Canelo.
              That's why he doesn't want the belt now.
              He still owes that $800k.

Try reading the article next time.
              Is it posted the amount he paid for those 2 fights?

Comment

Damn, Cotto has basically ruined his career. He is the fighter most related now to the word coward.

Comment

If you don't care about sanctioning bodies, nobody is forcing you to read or post about them.

You are the one that questioned my literacy when clearly you are the one struggling in that department.

You accuse the WBC of being a criminal organization, but they aren't breaking any laws. They're following their rules, which clearly state they can make up the rules as they go along. Nobody is forced to do business with the WBC.

What is it that I need to wake up about? I'm a licensed boxing promoter and very aware of how the WBC operates. What is it that you think you're telling me that I'm not aware of?
                  So you are ok with them breaking their own rules went they see fit to suit them?

Comment

I'm promoting a wrestling card tomorrow night. I don't promote boxing cards.

Comment

Quite often, ego, pride and principle are far more powerful than money. The WBC caps their fee at 300k (WBO is 200k). As a matter of principle, the WBC couldn't accept 125k from Cotto without also lowering Canelo's fee to 125k as well. Which would make no sense since 300k from Canelo would be more than 125k from each of them.

If it was just about money, they would have taken Canelo's 300k and Cotto's 125k. They're going to be stripping the winner either way. They had to sacrifice 125k in this instance to maintain their credibility in the future. Common sense.

I'm promoting a wrestling card tomorrow night. I don't promote boxing cards. The sanctioning bodies have too much control and promoting boxing is a fool's errand, although I have worked for other promoters.
                      Ego, pride and principle are more powerful than money until they reach the right amount.

Comment

Working...
                      X