Article about Young American Boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article about Young American Boxers

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/bo...yd-mayweather/

Read if you can. The author makes a lot of the points posters here on NSB make regarding the future of American boxing. I myself wouldn't put Wilder on this list. It was interesting that Sadam Ali made the list.

Adrien Broner may not be as good as Bradley, Ward, and Hopkins, but he's clearly a bigger star than any of them. And Danny Garcia should be on that list. He is American, and he's being brought along as a potential star. I hope Thurman gets a chance, because he has the charisma, but it's not looking good at the moment.

If I was to make a top 5 list, Wilder and Broner are the only ones there I'd say actually belong.

Comment

No love for Errol Spence Jr? smh

Comment

Seems like who ever wrote this article JUST STARTED WATCHING Boxing a few week ago especially when you see them put Sadam Ali that high...WTF? I like Ali a lot don't get me wrong but I need to see more against Top competition first before trying to label him "THE FUTURE OF BOXING"

Same with Algieri, I would hold off on Algieri to see how he does against Pacquiao before starting the HYPE, he can't become a star even in a losing effort if he hold his own

I agree with Thurman at #1 1000% though! Thurman has Charisma to sell himself outside of the ring, he is always a great interview, he speaks his mind and he has the Power and the style in the ring please ALL FANS.

Wilder...sorry not impressed, all of his fights look fixed including the one against Malik Scott. Guys just coming to lay down. I don't know if he has defense, a chin or anything. Also with those thin Legs, how does he hold up against Wlad or Fury during inside fighting with them leaning on him. Too many unanswered questions about Wilder!

Comment

Working...
        X