No announcement yet.

Will anybody give David Haye a break?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
    He needs to fight an opponent full stop. Those two jokers he got in the ring with hardly merit the name of sparring partner.
    I agree, he has to step up soon if he really has aspirations of winning a title again.

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
      I still am in the minority who actually believes the best of Haye will beat most of the top heavyweights now and would probably be the top guy it weren't for his injury (say what you want, it's a legitimate injury). I don't criticise the opponents Haye has fought so far as he's on the comeback trail but I will do if he continues with his selection of lesser opponents after the Briggs fight.

I'd like to see him fight the likes of Pulev and Glazkov before getting in there with Wilder, Ortiz, Joshua and Fury.
      I'm with you on this one. I think haye would beat most of them out there. And I know people keep saying to fight a real opponent. But who is actually going to fight him. The names everyone mentions wouldn't fight him. They are trying to get a title shot. They wouldn't risk that to fight haye. He could probably get a tony thompson or someone. His a conman. It's not like his fights are on ppv. It's on dave which is free. And I don't think anybody had a gun to their heads to buy tickets.

Comment

I'd like to see Haye fight and decapitate that overrated cheat, Povetkin.

Comment

This vid breaks down pretty well the BS strategies Haye has pursued through much of his active career.

Comment

I'll give Haye a break. He has been out of the ring for 3-4 years and has had his fights on live/free TV, which have pulled in the sort of numbers American networks can only dream of. This too against bums. Haye has proven his popularity and is working his wya back to a certain level of fitness.

Add to that what should be an entertaining build up with Briggs and another free showing, I don't see the problem. If fans are stupid enough to pay for tickets, so be it. Hopefully we end up with Haye/Chisora II or another genuine name on another free broadcast before he moves to Sky or Boxnation.

Comment

Originally posted by Trs45 View Post
              I'm with you on this one. I think haye would beat most of them out there. And I know people keep saying to fight a real opponent. But who is actually going to fight him. The names everyone mentions wouldn't fight him. They are trying to get a title shot. They wouldn't risk that to fight haye. He could probably get a tony thompson or someone. His a conman. It's not like his fights are on ppv. It's on dave which is free. And I don't think anybody had a gun to their heads to buy tickets.
              Haye would beat the likes of Joshua, Parker and Ortiz even now in my opinion but he hasn't done enough yet to earn the right to challenge for the World title which is why I really believe he should step it up after Briggs. Hearn knows Joshua hasn't earned his Heavyweight stripes yet. Even now, Chisora would give him a run for his money.

Comment

Biggest **** in the sport. **** David Haye.

Comment

Working...
                X