No announcement yet.

Boxing Short Stories

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    Yes, there's quite a bit dedicated to the fight.
    Here is one report of the fight in the book.
    Thanks for taking the time to right that up bro.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
      Thanks for taking the time to right that up bro.
      Not a problem.

Comment

Brendal Ingle,Hamed,Calzaghe,Rhodes and Carl thompson were all on their way too a WBO convention in america.Naz was being his usual cocky self forcing everybody too watch his fight with badillo and was poking fun at Thompson for earning only a fraction of what the prince was making,Naz said 'Is that all,you should be getting more than that,i get that for opening up a store,im getting paid man im getting paid'

Naz carried on for hours and eventually thompson snapped,and i quote 'shut it man,what is your fucking problem? look at you,i dont need too see your belts because you've got ears like a trophy,i could pick you up by grabbing them.Look at you,you only have a bird because of your money'

Everything went silent but he carried on 'If you say another word too annoy me,il take you outside and sort you out,ok,you fucking dwarf?'

Shut Naz right up and everybody in the limo applauded thompson apparently

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
          Brendal Ingle,Hamed,Calzaghe,Rhodes and Carl thompson were all on their way too a WBO convention in america.Naz was being his usual cocky self forcing everybody too watch his fight with badillo and was poking fun at Thompson for earning only a fraction of what the prince was making,Naz said 'Is that all,you should be getting more than that,i get that for opening up a store,im getting paid man im getting paid'

Naz carried on for hours and eventually thompson snapped,and i quote 'shut it man,what is your fucking problem? look at you,i dont need too see your belts because you've got ears like a trophy,i could pick you up by grabbing them.Look at you,you only have a bird because of your money'

Everything went silent but he carried on 'If you say another word too annoy me,il take you outside and sort you out,ok,you fucking dwarf?'

Shut Naz right up and everybody in the limo applauded thompson apparently
          Lol nice i could see that!

I remember hearing, and i dont know if this is true or not that Brendon used to take the boys down to the pub and get them to put their hands behind their backs, he'd then tell the local drunks to try and punch them in the face! Crazy if true, still Ingle fighters always have sharp reflexes - no wonder!

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            Yes, Sam Langford eyed Johnson in a bar, so he cornered him and announced "Why don't we fight now, down in the cellar?" or something of the like. Johnson obviously sensing danger pulled out his revolver on Langford to get out of the situation.
            Top stories Barnburner!

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              Lol nice i could see that!

I remember hearing, and i dont know if this is true or not that Brendon used to take the boys down to the pub and get them to put their hands behind their backs, he'd then tell the local drunks to try and punch them in the face! Crazy if true, still Ingle fighters always have sharp reflexes - no wonder!
              It is true, but this was back in the early 80's before all the health and safety nonsense started. And to the best of my knowledge it was principally the party trick of Herol Graham, although i think Johnny Nelson may have done it aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                It is true, but this was back in the early 80's before all the health and safety nonsense started. And to the best of my knowledge it was principally the party trick of Herol Graham, although i think Johnny Nelson may have done it aswell.
                Id love someone to try that ***** at my local! lol

Nelson has really grown on me as a sky guy, i never liked him as a fighter tho, or Bomber for that matter tho there is no denying Herol had Talent by the bucket load

Comment

I can vaugely remember reading something about Liston, He was involved with mob type guys and Sonny who was on speaking terms with one of the guys, a high up guy i believe, greeted him with a smile and struck a boxing pose fists clenched, u know as boxers do and the gangster just looked at him and said something like u try that ***** and i'll put a bullet in ur head. Listons smile dropped and his head hung.

Im pretty sure thats how it went

I also remember reading Marciano got slapped and put firmly in his place by someone, his promoter mabey, i dunno man its vauge. Hopefully someone knows more than me with my weak ass attempts at these stories and can shed some light! lol

Comment

Met Sonny Liston in the 60s in London and found him to be a nice man, that said I was very very prepared to like him

My favourite Liston story involves Reg Gutteridge the English TV commentator who I assume you gents over the pond know?

One night Liston drink taken was laying down the law about how weak and gutless the British were when Reg stopped him and said "OK tough guy, can you do this?"
                    Then Reg grapped an ice pick and rammed it repeatedly into his leg up to the hilt.
                    The colour passed from Sonny's face and he looked a little faint and wasn't too keen to take up the challenge.
                    A little later Reg expalined to him that he had lost his real leg during the D Day landings.

Comment

Rocky Marciano in retirement loved to hang around with millionaires and wasn't the fastest to pick up the bill, that said Rocky was very generous to his own and just figured if a millionaire wants to hang around with him he should pay for the privilage.

One day he told the guy he was with to get the car and that it would be nice if Georgie Abrams got it. Abrams was parking cars having fallen on hard times and Rocky wanted the businessman to give him a large tip.
                      So the business asks the hotel porter who being an arsehole calls out "Hey punchie George, hurry up and get this car"
                      This naturally infuriates Rocky who then tells his "friend" to hit the son of a ***** hotel porter or he will.
                      Now this sets the friend the lovely conundrum of:
                      1) He hits the porter and gets his butt kicked
                      2) He hits the porter and goes to jail for assault
                      3) He lets Rocky hit the porter and is an accessory to murder.

He took a long time calming Rocky down.

Comment

Working...
                      X