Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever notice how all of hbo/showtime "next superstar of boxing" all have something...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klitschko2017 View Post
    In common.

Shaker Stevenson
    Erroll Spence
    Terrence Crawford
    Garry Russell jr
    Gervontea davis

Like seriously as soon as one of these guys wins a fight vs an ok opponent here comes jim lampley or jim grey with the "next superstar" crap.
    And they will still complain and moan despite getting high six-figures/low seven-figures for showcase fights.

HBO and Showtime have probably pissed away thirty-fifty million over the l last decade trying to hype guys like Berto, and J'Leon Love.

Usually, they get weeded out pretty quick, though. Even the tougher journeymen like Collaza at that stage in his career against Berto, or the Mexican who fought Love, either KO them cold, or at least make them do some stank legs, and booty dews en route to a controversial decision.

Comment

i honestly couldn't figure out what they all had in common until someone mentioned they were all black.

i guess that proves i'm not racist lmoa

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
        Have you been watching The Dark Night lately!?
        Yes I've been watching him lately and his nickname is "Hitman" not "The Dark Night"
        Last edited by SouthPawHitman; 01-21-2017, 03:05 AM.

Comment

In common.

Shaker Stevenson
          Erroll Spence
          Terrence Crawford
          Garry Russell jr
          Gervontea davis

Like seriously as soon as one of these guys wins a fight vs an ok opponent here comes jim lampley or jim grey with the "next superstar" crap.
          1. Ignore Golovkin and Kovalev being praised by HBO
          2. Compile list of Black boxers
          3. Cry
          4. Watch interracial ****
          5. Have a wank
          6. Cry again

Comment

A lot of the time it seems media and fans lean too heavily towards athleticism and speed when trying to pick the next big thing which is why someone like Gary Russell got buzz while fighting TBA after TBA. Not always about race/national bias as they did the same thing with Amir Khan, I remember Lederman saying he could be better than Sugar Ray Robinson.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              I wasn't aware that GRJ was ever considered the next superstar or boxing.
              they tried to hype him up but lomachenko squashed that.

Comment

black hopes and dreams lol
                Last edited by GMAN SUPREME; 01-21-2017, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
                  Umm they all were on welfare growing up?
                  a bunch of god damn freeloading TAKERS!!!

Comment

In common.

Shaker Stevenson
                    Erroll Spence
                    Terrence Crawford
                    Garry Russell jr
                    Gervontea davis

you can add imam to the list I remember clowns on here saying he was going to dominate 140 and 147 after his loss to granados he's fallen off the face of the earth.so much for the master hahahaha.

Comment

Dey all bruvas mayne! Boxing stay tryna hold dem whities down, all dey care bout is dem slick ass bruvas!

Seriously though, stop acting like only black fighters get hyped up because its simply not true.

Comment

Working...
                      X